Cast a spell on me

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - I feel like we been leaving Mina's story untold for so long, so here... tell me what u think of it, was i being fair or not?

 

 

Mina was born out of perfection, with her fair white skin, lips curled in heart shape, eyes shining like a glistening star, face beauty as a full moon, she was born out of fairy-tale stories – perfect as a princess.

She wasn’t a Cinderella rather she was Prince Charming born with silver spoon, a perfect family, living in the castle of the Myoui and had the face that would charm most.

But perfect doesn’t stretch long inside her books chapter.

Mina learns her first heartbreak at the tender age of 7, barely knowing the word love let alone big enough to say goodbye. When her father left, Mina was surge with the feeling of lost and desperation clinging to the love that is far away but then she had Jeongyeon, mending all of her broken heart and teach her how to walk on your shadow not to feel press and succumb to the feeling of loss and unwanted.

But the second heartbreak happen too shortly after she learn her father had remarried and she would welcome a baby sister in few months, her mother is happy for the newfound family of her father but never once consider starting her own, saying she had enough with her only daughter and Mina pity her but love her more and more each day.

Growing up Mina has plenty of happy memories made with just her mother and the family of Yoo, they had consider Mina as one of their own and Mina feel like she had a home within Yoo Jeongyeon. As a grown up, she is beautiful as people can say and not a day goes by that she wasn’t the center of affection, it tiring as hell she would later share with Jeongyeon and the latter would just laugh it off at her friend misery but still she found herself in the arm of Yoo Jeongyeon, try to lighten up her mood which was anticipated by Mina.

Yoo Jeongyeon, wasn’t supposed to encountered Mina if her family hadn’t fall apart, hadn’t had her father left but they did and Mina was truly grateful for the day the clueless Jeongyeon had found her. They share almost everything of their lives in that simple custom park near their house.

Mina remember the day Jeongyeon got her first dollar for the missing tooth which she convinced from the tooth-fairy and was running and screaming at her, fallen at arm reach, grinning sheepishly her eyes closed – ‘ice-cream?’. Mina just laughs cannot bring herself telling Jeongyeon that it probably her mother who had slips the money under the pillow, after all she got herself treated to ice cream.

When they were in middle school, Mina found herself in the park again waiting for Jeongyeon to arrive and when she did, immediately Jeongyeon embraces her her long dark hair, soothing her for the unknown reason and Mina had told her then that she is quitting ballet and the anxiety, afraid of the attention centered on her. The latter understand her and had told her in the low moment of her – ‘passion comes from love, if you love then you’ll have everything’, Mina hadn’t understand then and for a long time but the feeling of Jeongyeon heart drumming was all enough to make Mina calmed-down and Mina found out Jeongyeon was warm and her heart is too beautiful.

High school, at the same swing had taken place for their numerous outing Jeongyeon declaring with proud of enrolling for basketball team and would become one of the basketball stars in Korea – Mina was happy for her, happy with her gummy smile fully on display. the most memorable memory of her when Jeongyeon show up one day afternoon, the sun setting and Mina couldn’t recognize her because the Yoo Jeongyeon that she know off are now a blonde. Her heart racing albeit faster, her thought was hazy but she still remember her word planted inside her head ‘I’m the blond hero, I comes to save your day, My Swan Princess’ – childish, Mina like that about her.

Soon after their friendship evolve. Jeongyeon met Jihyo when the latter run for presidency for student council, Mina had introduce them but the chemistry runs deep and Jihyo had become the blonde best friend fast – Mina’s too. Jihyo soon fit into their hangout most of time and sometimes Mina found them both having such good times at the council meeting room – she was jealous but silent with it. Jeongyeon notice, like she always has even when word weren’t exchange between them and Mina find her every single day after practice waiting for her in front of the library, sweating in the purpose of walking home together – always share her time with her even just a little.

And Mina found herself waiting for Jeongyeon at the school front gate whenever the blonde friend of her away for their game with cola on her hand – cause Jeongyeon like refreshment.

They would walk home hand in hand.

Soon, Chaeyoung become an addition to their little group. She had heard of her but the first time they met was in the library and Mina had taken interest of the junior and when Jeongyeon had introduced them Mina found another company of her little gateway in the library – sometimes with Jeongyeon and sometimes not.

Mina hadn’t entertain the newfound affection toward the smol girl because it didn’t occur that she could be leaning towards the same relationship – hadn’t thought of relationship at all.

She got Jeongyeon, which was enough – she thought so.

When Nayeon approach their table one day to advise Jihyo of their club budget Mina notice the not so subtle glance she printed on her blonde hero, eyeing the girl up and down trying to earn some response from Jeongyeon and the latter reciprocate. Jeongyeon find Nayeon companies as refreshing ‘Nayeon just different’ and spent most of their time together. Mina found that Nayeon often visit Jeongyeon at her house and spent their weekend together away from the other girls. Soon she learn that Nayeon was known the whole school for her reputation to date almost of her schoolmate, be it senior or junior she had catch on her attention. Im Nayeon – The Ultimate Heartbreaker.

This time Mina was purely jealous because Nayeon as much to her dismay much like Mina – or so Jeongyeon would say. Nayeon such a beauty with her bunny tooth and face fresh as kiwi and she wasn’t bothered by the attention showered on her, in fact embraces it with her utmost and people fall for her charm much too spare her from any kind of situation, Mina believe Jeongyeon too because she never see Jeongyeon smile so heartily when playing a prank on Nayeon or when the older openly flirt with her.

Not long after Jihyo had consulted Mina with Nayeon true attention in joining their little group, she had fall for Jeongyeon the minute she catch her on the game hall and wanting their help of getting Jeongyeon as her girlfriend. This come as a shock to Mina, one because Nayeon is openly gay and two because she prey on her best friend with her reputation as a heartbreaker, Mina sure Jeongyeon wouldn’t fall trap.

But she was wrong – Mina was totally wrong, Jeongyeon had become close with Nayeon and had gone for several dates already, leaving Mina behind. The ideas of Nayeon never sit right with Mina with her being overly clingy with her friend and now targeting a relationship far from just friend set off alarm inside her mind. So she tries her best to reason with Jeongyeon and make her see for who Nayeon truly is.

She interfere with their outing often being as the third wheel demanding Jeongyeon spend more time with lot of them rather than just being on dates with Nayeon, trying to create distance safe enough for Nayeon not to launch herself on Jeongyeon every chance she got and make sure that Nayeon saw every time Jeongyeon hand and hers would intertwine and become one.

It wasn’t enough of hints for the older girl to stop pursuing the blonde girl, Nayeon would find the gap to slide in between Jeongyeon and Mina, sometimes she find Jeongyeon waiting the other girl just to offer the sit beside her. They share the same interest and often find almost everything amusing for them, even the unfunny jokes Jeongyeon would make. Jihyo said they complement each other’s so much and would make a powerful couple their school ever had, still she wasn’t affected as much.

One day she witness with her own eyes the exchange of the two girl, witch Nayeon had successfully replace her position in waiting for Jeongyeon at the school front gate when Mina a second late, dress in all black, shirt, pants all of it catches Jeongyeon eyes and the blonde girl beaming at her sudden present and at much of her disposal the older lean forward and claim Jeongyeon cheek for congratulary kiss. Her heart prick and burn at the highest peak when Jeongyeon, who hated that kind of intimacy lean in and place a kiss on Nayeon left cheek and Mina could swear she saw a bright cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter