Feeling that turned us different

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A layer of frost settled on the grass, a full moon shined on its brightest with steps hollows as the sound of the winds, in the shield of the night two figures can be made out walking the long windy road all familiar to them. The long road they take every day for as long as they can remember.

The highest moonlight embraces the two teenagers still clad in their uniform white as an angel wings. The road soon abandon when the two figures skip their way to the empty park and one of them can be seen sitting solemnly on the park swing, head hanging low where her dark crimson hair fall all perfectly around her face.

The place holds precious memories for the both of them since the day they have met, every laughter share and every tears shed becomes witness for the relationship of both. They were friend – the best of friend so they knew whenever someone is troubled or in need for comforts.

Jeongyeon notice that her friend silent throughout the walks and her heart swollen at the far look on Mina but if she wanted time then Jeongyeon would gladly have given her, she could have all of her time in this world as long as she is happy.

So the taller girl position herself in front of the silent girl, fixing her beautiful dark hair and Mina look at her in melancholy – hearts screaming for help.

Her heart drop heavy on her stomach, she can feel hot lava playing inside her body – Jeongyeon embrace Mina for comfort and in hope to carry half the burden Mina feels right now.

“I’m in love with Chaeyoung”

***

Yoo Jeongyeon is the star player of St. John High School basketball team, she outshine everyone on the first time she made the team and earn herself as the power forward positions. Most of student and teachers acknowledge her talent in sports and she would give her best whenever she played – but not today.

The event from last night, the confessions from Mina had stirred her mind crazy. She kept searching in her mind since when has Mina develop feeling for their small friend which makes her performance a bit disturbed.

She got called out from practice.

Now with nothing to do, Jeongyeon wanders around the school aimlessly trying to take her mind off of the last night event. She tuned out the sound of laughter inside her mind but the mocking she receives intensifies the uneasy feeling she had.

Mina on the other hand still aware of her feeling towards Chaeyoung cannot complete her days without thinking about her and her mind had been playing a thousand scenarios where she would confess her feeling for the youngest. For that she needed Jeongyeon helps – to stay away for a while.

***

Jeongyeon agreed to Mina plan on being left out on their weekend outing with a reason Mina think would suit if she told Chaeyoung that her families are visiting.

Sure the youngest feel strange since they never spent time away from each other – the trio always has been together ever since they entered High School.

Mina wanted her time alone with Chaeyoung to confess so she plans a movie and dinner date with her this weekend which the small girl agrees to.

All plans went smoothly but the nervous feeling Mina had inside her eating away all her bravery she build a day before. By the time she plucks up the missing courage, they were already on the way back to their respective house.

Chaeyoung lives far from the school, she had to take the earliest train on to get to school on time, but she liked it, the walk home and the time she spent on the train watching people interacting with one another.

Mina tugs on Chaeyoung hand, pulling her away on the sidewalk with sweaty palm and ragged breath.

Chaeyoung sense a different with Mina since early in the day but dismiss the feeling thinking that Mina probably anxious because Jeongyeon wasn’t with her.

They never had shared most of time together except when they were spending time in library waiting for Jeongyeon practice to ends but the conversation shared between them is always about books or studies, sometimes sharing self-interest.

“Can we talk for a while? It just I don’t want to go back yet”

Chaeyoung confuse of Mina advances but she find it cute the way Mina look right now so they decide to go to nearest coffee shop and Chaeyoung still had time before her last train.

Mina now found herself in front of the large mirror in the locked bathroom, practicing her confession one last time. Before she could make the next sentence, her phone roughly vibrated on the bathroom counter meaning that she receive a text from someone and Mina doesn’t have to unlock her phone to read the text, it appear on her screen all in caps.

-YOU CAN DO IT, FIGHTING-

The raven hair didn’t wait any second anymore, she takes a deep breath and strew away towards her table. Jeongyeon s right, she can do it.

To Mina dismay she a second too late when she found her seat are taken by someone else. Someone that Mina had no inclined of who she is but the look on Chaeyoung face seems that she like the company of the other.

She learns that the person occupying her previous seat is a friend of Chaeyoung from middle school, they had gone separate ways when Dahyun decide to enroll on the city High School instead of the local one.

So the day was spent with Mina being out shadow by Dahyun and her one time chance of confessing fly far away.

***

The week pass by with anxiousness, Mina hadn’t had any opportunity to be honest with Chaeyoung. She wanted this to be fast ‘cause she can’t hold it much longer, the feeling she had for her. She wants Chaeyoung close with her.

She wanted to give it another chance so she worked a plan to go shopping with both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

“Stop staring, you gonna make a hole on her” the tallest of the trio always being an airhead but she had always been Mina best supporter.

With Chaeyoung away from hearing distance, Mina pulls Jeongyeon away asking when she will be making her leave.

Jeongyeon aware of Mina’s plan of making her leave in the middle of shopping spree so that she could be left alone with Chaeyoung and she had promised her that even when she could feel the hurts inside her hearts.

When the said favor was asked again, Jeongyeon hid the bitter feeling she had and take the first step away.

“I will now…”

She could feel a force trying to pull her away and Jeongyeon smile a little knowing that Mina probably has change her mind “at least tell her you’re leaving”.

She threw away the smile she wear before turning around to face Mina and yet the dark hair girl had fixed her eyes on someone else not minding Jeongyeon at all.

With Jeongyeon absent, Mina feel the pressure of getting the work done so she ask the small girl for a little rest around the city park and sit at the bench under the oak tree near the lake.

“I bought you this…” Chaeyoung handed her a wide-color bracelet with her initial on it and Mina could feel the love flowing inside her heart. It beating wildly from just a small gesture from the girl she had crush on the first day they met, heck she intrigued her since the day Mina laid eyes on her.

--

Flashback

Jeongyeon are late again, this time it wasn’t because she was in practice but because she had earned herself a detention for purposely mocking their History teacher earlier. The punishment wasn’t out of anger but to reprimand Jeongyeon that even though she was close to Mr. Stewart she should know when to stop the teasing in class.

“Soo… I’ve been thinking, what if we go out for movies tonight, any movie is fine by me but I would much prefer action over melodrama”. Jeongyeon couldn’t spare her thought much longer and feel the need of confirmation from both of her friends about their after school activities and hearing nothing in response, Jeongyeon now completely turn her attention to Mina given that her seat just behind Jeongyeon – a bit far on the right is Jihyo who look unbothered by Jeongyeon request.

Mina feel a bit uneasy and keep her eyes pluck open on front, avoid looking at Jeongyeon at any cost and fail miserably when Jeongyeon think her whining for attention could win her an answer. “Please anything, I just want some rest from all the practice and preferably have fun with you guys.”

“Yo, Jihyo you could bring Nayeon unnie along too”. Jihyo now at the mention of her name look at the blonde unnie by months with much despise and almost curse her with all inappropriate words she could found in her vocabulary but stopped, thinking she could get in trouble as well.

“Miss Myoui, kindly reminds your friend here that we still in class and in the middle of lesson and Jeongyeon, detention have to put your plan on hold – we could have so much fun together”.

“Aww… you feel left out, but sure I love you too Jackson”. Mina laughs silently, of course Jeongyeon has something to encounter for that reprimand because that how the blonde is with their scary English teacher, close – first name basis.

Product of speaking back to Mr. Stewart, Jeongyeon now has to suffer two hours detention and still has to go for practice, cancelling all of her plan for later - leaving Mina waiting for her outside the library.

Mina thought she was the last one to leave the library but later notice a pair of small shoes neatly sitting on the shelf. It must be her – the girl who always drawing inside the library, Mina always find herself looking at her, admiring her artistic demeanor and complexion but never have the audacity to talk to her. 

Jeongyeon came running and out of breath, Mina knew that she had rushed from practice – still in her smudge jersey and messy wild hair.

“You don’t have to run” Mina opted to tidyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter