Polaroid

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few months now since Jeongyeon left and found her place in this new environment. It has changed for the better. The past seems like a distant chapter in her life. She builds a new one, a fresh book with a fresh page.

Her relationship with Sana has taken a better turn. They are often seen spending a lot of time together. She got used to being with each other and those flirtiest comebacks from Sana didn’t seem strange to her anymore.

They had lunch together almost every day. They spent hours of sleepless nights talking with each other. They wasted time on the phone even when they lived next to each other, just a building away. They walk to classes together even when they never sit in the same courses.

And they were just friends.

***

Jeongyeon just got back from her classes and is on her way to practice. Halfway over, Sana was waiting for her in front of the gym. The Japanese beam excitedly when she finds Jeongyeon close by. Instead of waiting, the former runs to the blonde, skipping like a little girl, and grabs hold of her right arm.

Jeongyeon welcomed the Japanese by holding her hand tight, and Sana makes it her duty to kiss Jeongyeon's cheeks whenever the blonde is in close contact.

"Someone excited? Care for a share?" Jeongyeon liked it, the interaction between her and Sana.

"Nothing, just happy to see you..."

She flicks her forehead, just a small one. The girl laughs while brushing away the pain.

"Let's go on a date this weekend. We are all cleared out of schedule." Sana requested.

"Date?" Jeongyeon spurts the words she has been holding on to, but her confused manner didn’t leave the younger girl.

Sana likes nervous Jeongyeon, "Please..."

There she goes again with the pouty lip and begging eyes, and Jeongyeon has lost a battle she never had a chance of winning.

---

It’s the only weekend Jeongyeon has woken up early. Meredith was baffled by the sudden change of attitude from Jeongyeon before she had to actually slap her across the face trying to wake her up.

Jeongyeon's sister often drops by to check on her on the weekend, but never has she seen the girl so frantic about choosing clothes to wear for the day. Something just doesn’t sit right with Meredith.

"Why are you everywhere now?" The girl had woken up earlier today and was now spending her time with some light reading before going out with her friends.

Meredith is an honor student, her gossiping side would fool you of her character anyway – she is always the one who know just about everything.

But on a date with Sana, she will never catch on that, and Jeongyeon is not about to spill the tea on her private life with the bubbly girl.

"Nothing, I just had a thing."

"What thing?" The foreign girl's accusing eyes penetrate Jeongyeon's whole, but the latter just moves on with her thing and is ready to make a run.

"Just meeting an old friend... bye!"

She opened the door when a hand barely made contact with it.

"Hi"

"Let's go!" she dragged her away from the snake. It wasn’t like she was keeping a secret from Meredith, but the girl always has an idea whenever Sana is around. Admitting to having a date with Sana would satiate her speculation about them having a special relationship.

And Jeongyeon wasn’t ready for any commitment right now. She needed to be sure of herself and of Sana. They'd only known each other for three months, and nothing could confirm that Sana was indeed falling for her.

She is just being nice... and flirty.

***

The idea of dating for Jeongyeon is like she has always known; a walk around the park or mall; lunch with a tastier dessert, ice cream stop, a movie night, and a dinner with a romantic setting.

But none of that is on the list of things to do to date, Sana.

The girl has already made her plans for the day, so Jeongyeon finds herself in a crowd of elderly people who are envious of their youth and health.

They arrive at their destination, a small rural town outside of the city, after a long bus ride of more than an hour. They only had approximately 200 villagers who lived here. Most were elderly.

It was the outskirts of the town, a place no one set foot in anymore because of the storm that ruined half of the town. It wasn’t an ideal place to stay. For the Japanese girl, it is so beautiful with the storm-damaged house, the road perforated by age, and the beach full of broken canoes left all those years ago.

The only sounds coming from the street were the strong waves and the shrieking of the seagulls. It’s comforting enough for both teenagers.

"It smells..." Sana brings her nose upward, "salty," and they both laugh at the silly joke.

Sana's eyes glowed with so much radiance she could penetrate the sunlight. She helped an older lady carry a basket of fruits on her way up to the village.

Jeongyeon admired the true beauty of Sana. The girl seemed innocent in the eyes of Jeongyeon, and she was so nice and beautiful inside out. She is so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter