Blank Space

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day progress ordinarily for everybody except for Mina who appear with swollen dark eyes, Jihyo look worried for her and asking for her condition before starting the class.

“You sure you’ll be okay… and where is Jeong?”

It seem odds to Jihyo the Mina attend the school without Jeongyeon guarding her all the way to class and when the blonde girl is busy with practice she had someone else taking her part in taking care of Mina, someone like Jihyo. But she hadn’t received any text or a call from Jeongyeon and she knew that the blonde classmate of her hadn’t had practice today.

The silence on Mina part confused Jihyo but she wasn’t going to press further knowing that Mina dislike being in tight situation and if she was having a fight with Jeongyeon, she should never interfered – it’ll gets messy.

The bell rings for the first period.

Jeongyeon wasn’t there on her seat but her bag was sling on the side of her chair so she must be skipping class – not the first time. She had done before when things getting a bit too much for her and she needed her time alone so she learned from the best to skip the class.

She learned it from Nayeon.

Another reason Mina dislike her but Jihyo knew only Nayeon can show the blonde her truest self.

***

Mina always spent her time in the library because she had to wait for Jeongyeon to finish practices so that they can walk home together. The blonde never force her to, Mina willingly waited for Jeongyeon with excuse that she could finish her homework and do a bit of studying.

But today was an exception given that Mina is here for Chaeyoung and not because of waiting on someone. She wanted to see her and to become clears of her intention and this time without much of a disturbed from anyone.

So she found herself in front of Chaeyoung in the center of small hallway of bookshelves hidden at the back of the room. She will confess today.

Jeongyeon had spent most of her time thinking maybe she could turn this around, that maybe Mina will forgive her if she apologize to her for all of her wrong doing and that maybe Mina will once again look at her with the same look they had every morning together – warms and loved.

She abandon all of her stuff in class and by the end of the day she waited for Mina in front of the school gates but when the silhouette never make contact with her eyes,

She got worried.

She must be at the library

The blonde wasn’t sure of that but Mina couldn’t pass by her unnoticed since she been standing there scanning every crowd that left, so she follow her heart and makes herself walking towards the school library. It placed at the heart of the school ground a bit far from the hall she used for practices but near the school entry.

Sure enough she found Mina’s shoes placed in the right order on the shelf meaning that she hadn’t left and entering the room in search for Mina.

The room was silent given that not much student stayed after school hours, only few with something to settle on the last minute or students preparing for make-up exam.

At the far corner, Mina take Chaeyoung hand on her, she lost all of her words upon seeing the smaller girl again, her head runs thousand miles in search for any words to utter it’s like she lost track of her voice and speech.

So Mina does the only thing that plays on her mind all this time, she look on Chaeyoung sweet child face and held it in her palm.

The smaller girl lips parted and before she could say anything Mina kiss her, putting all of her emotion into one kiss and she feel her hearts burst out in eagerness and as to confirm Mina’s feeling for her, Chaeyoung kisses her back.

Their feeling reciprocated.

When they let go of each other both of them had a happy smile on their face “I like you” Mina finally found the exact word she wanted to tell Chaeyoung all this time. How easy it went for her for all this long she had wasted her time in finding the right moment, it just came out smoothly.

“I like you too” She kissed her once again.

Out the corner of her eyes, Mina saw a tall silhouette behind the shelf and she let go her holds of Chaeyoung only to find that Jeongyeon had saw her – them.

She saw her kissing with Chaeyoung and from the look of it, the blonde have heard it all too.

Chaeyoung saw of Jeongyeon hurts demeanor seeing the both of them together so she reach for Jeongyeon hand for explanation but before it could make any contact with her, the taller of the group left in silence. Her steps was fast and steady, she left the room – never looking back.

The smaller girl comes back for Mina only to find her in stoic position and had that faraway look on her eyes.

“Are you okay?” she gently putting hold on Mina shoulder and because of their differences in size, Chaeyoung hand seems little of Mina’s body.

Mina give her a small smile “It’s okay, I’ll talk to her” and Chaeyoung respected that.

***

It has been a week since Mina last seen Jeongyeon, the latter brush away from the crowds when the school bell rings, out of views and her knowledge but Mina too wasn’t making any effort of trying to find her.

So, she just let it be.

Things had gone pretty well for Mina, ever since she had confess her feeling for Chaeyoung her life has tuned up more than before. She’d be expecting the warmth of Chaeyoung embrace every morning before classes, their little eyes games whenever one of them are caught on the other side of hallway, the getaway times spent in a room full of old dusted books and the soft kiss on her cheek when Chaeyoung bids goodbye, when the orange sky greets them.

Mina is happy and thrill for everyday comes.

***

For the quiet of the day, one could clearly making out layering sound from the hard 3B pencil on a small white paper ripped from school exercise book, used by Chaeyoung to draw Mina. In this moment like this, the small artist look convincingly talented is what draws Mina in for the first time. Though the red tints on her cheek indicate the shame she felt right now, still she let Chaeyoung stare off of her face to make contrast of her drawing. A very little hand gestures made by Chaeyoung intensifies the awareness she felt – eagerness for the end result.

Her thoughts had seen various emotions but none of them could identify what she was feeling right now. What Mina should had realize by now that the note she’d been reading hasn’t the next page, she been stuck on the same information for the past 10 minutes.

Embarrassed by the current situation Mina left out a smile giggle which made her lover smile openly wide. Admiring the beauty of Myoui Mina – her girlfriend.

Chaeyoung admit that she was drawn to this old stuck-y room of a School library is because of Mina. From being an errand girl to a regular she used the reasons of studying just to stay behind and be infatuated by such goddess. She never could come out the reasons why she was attracted to Mina but when they spent so much time together did Chaeyoung learn that the silent wear on Mina every single time was loud enough for her world. Its like she can heard Mina all over her heart and the soft sound of her voice has shaken her entire self. Her melodic laugh sings different songs every time she heard it.

She fell in love with Mina since the first day she encountered her.

It’s quiet inside here, the warm silent world built only for her and Mina.

They’d built a castle inside, with just them both.

***

Jeongyeon never made it through class in perfect attendance for the past few weeks. She exhausted the excuse of having needed for practice and now, she just openly absent from classes earning her detention and few reminder every time she got caught.

Jihyo was concern because her once silly friend is now distancing herself for the reason unbeknownst to her. Feeling responsible for the dreaded situation between Mina and Jeongyeon, she turn to the oldest for consultation.

“You know something right, unnie?”

Nayeon eyes tremble wildly, searching for something else that would catch her attention but Jihyo wasn’t stupid she knows all too well – Nayeon did know something.

“Omo, look at that… isn’t it cute” she run away, a little in rush and face fell flat on Jihyo five-dollar hand slap.

“”

Jihyo stood in cockiness with hand engulfing her body in don’t with me attitude.

“You know I don’t like it when people keep things from me… so stop messing around”

She massaged her numb nose luckily it didn’t bleed like once upon a time. “Try telling that to Jeongie”

“What that’s supposed to mean”

Jihyo was getting impatient, the hint was to make everything clearer but she couldn’t pin-point the real issue here. “Tell me unnie, are you the reasons they’re fighting again”

“Maybe or maybe not…” Jihyo glared on her face.

“Look, I myself aren’t sure what is going on now. Do I create this big -hole or do I just open one… I honestly don’t know”

“What are who, how is when …” The older frowned. “You know this is how you sounded right now… bunch of gibberish” Jihyo sigh in exasperation “just ing tell me Nayeon.

“Mina’s dating our Chaeyoung” she got smacked on the head – hard.

“I know that”

“Geez, can you…” Jihyo raise her hand again.

“Hold up… at least let me finish”

So Jihyo relaxed her body and waited for Nayeon to start which the older take as an opportunity to run away from Jihyo wrath as fast as she can and Jihyo was dumb enough to chase after the laughing idiot.

Both them are.

So they got detention.

***

To say that getting detention was a red spot on Jihyo tardiness since it was her first time getting one and for a council member getting reprimanded it surely would tarnish her reputation as someone well respected by the school teacher and staff.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter