Trust me?

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all sweet and dandy – her relationship is, with Sana. Never once did it cross her mind that she could love and be loved by someone, before, she was dreading her stay in Cypress but now she is more than glad she stayed.

"If only I could make a dollar every time you’d make that face," Jeongyeon smile like a fool she is, a fool in love.

"I was just remembering our date," she reaches for her hand and kisses the latter's forehead as a welcome by her side.

"Which one, don’t say the one about the pink date or…" She pouted her small lip, which Jeongyeon was more than eager to claim.

Aahh… the pink date, a casual date Sana had a plan before thinking it all too wisely, but it was Sana who preferred it spontaneously over living in a plan—not ideal for someone who serves as a manager. The story makes her laugh every time she recalls it, but she saved it for later because she had other priorities. The sulking of her girlfriend was not an option for getting through the day.

"Its one where you got me all drenched in salt water…" she plays with her palm, tracing a single line form on the surface and follow to the end of it "one where you got me head over heels for you"

Sana tried hard but failed miserably to hide the smile that was forming on her lips; she liked Jeongyeon's small gesture—she felt pampered but loved nonetheless. When Jeongyeon doesn’t reach, she first initiates a kiss for the couple, which is gladly answered by her girlfriend.

"And I’m glad I pushed you into the water, Jeongie"

Jeongie…

She shakes off the whisper and returns a smile for her lover, holding tight to Sana’s hand left on her just above her chest – holding on to reality.

"Gather around team"

That’s cue for Sana to leave her be and for Jeongyeon to serve her true purpose when she first enrolled – to become the best player and pave her way to national.

---

Jeongyeon exhausted her day – all she wanted right now is a shut eye and sleep the day off, to start fresh tomorrow - but her teammate had different ideas and judging by the look from her, it wasn’t going to be easy.

Chou Tzuyu, a prodigy in basketball – her mother was once an international athlete who served as forward for her country, and now she is more than obliged to follow the same path as her mother, just in a different position, and given her time at Cypress Mastery Institute, she deserves to be praised for more than just being a commoner.

The path has been set for her by her parents, she is a proud daughter to have fulfilled her duty, but she too has desires—one involving a certain Japanese beauty.

"Aren’t you ashamed of flaunting your romance in front of the whole class?" ... had you not had other things to do," she taunted the blonde.

"Had you?" Jeongyeon had foreseen this, the hatred and jealousy from the taller but this is the first Tzuyu acted on it – she wonder why. She tried passing by, but the Taiwanese girl turned around and faced her, leaving the door blocked by all of her.

She sighed in defeat.

Jeongyeon admits that she too feels intimidated by the difference in height when the girl from Taiwan is only 2 years younger than her, yet she stands tall in front of Jeongyeon like she is the kid around here.

"You don’t deserve her," she said, wasting no time dawdling around. She made it clear she never liked the idea of Yoo Jeongyeon and Minatozaki Sana together.

"We don’t need to fight just for a girl, and she made her choice, Tzuyu, she is my girlfriend now, and I decide who’s more deserving of her."

"You don’t really love her, I can clearly see as the day… stop playing with her feelings."

Jeongyeon had enough of this, of how other could decide the matter of her heart when she by herself couldn’t understand it. She loves Sana and admits of still learning, but she wasn’t a girl who was out and about to play with someone else's feelings. She had enough experience to inflict on someone, the pain it brings, the agony of it and she never wanted the same for Sana – she make sure to love her the way it should be.

"You know nothing of me, Tzuyu, so stop meddling in something that wasn’t your problem."

"Sana is my problem, she will always be…"

"Then why did you left her…?" Jeongyeon now had the upper hand, leaving Tzuyu bewildered by her statement, "You think she didn’t tell me". A devilish smirk painted on her white skin.

She chokes on her own voice, never thought that Sana would tell their secret to someone else—someone who has barely existed in their life before – she wonders whether they are talking about her incompetence.

"You left her, Tzuyu and that's the end of it... "She’s no longer your concern." Jeongyeon used this opportunity to walk past the taller girl without waiting to give her final words.

"Give up on this fantasy of yours, Sana is mine now… leave us alone.".

---

Their little playdate never stops, even when they have been dating for months now, to mark their 100-day anniversary, Sana had laid out a plan to take Jeongyeon for an outing.

"I had it all covered, you just get your pretty ready"

Jeongyeon feels more than lucky to have encountered Sana in her life, she feels complete whenever the Japanese are around. It tickled her all the way through her heart every time she heard the voice of Sana giggling at simple things, and she made a promise to fall for her in every meeting of the eyes, every touch that lingered, every kiss she took, and every moment spent together.

So here she is, in the place where her 100 days of officially dating Minatozaki Sana, a memory to be made – in the middle of nowhere.

Jeongyeon knows now more than ever to put her faith in Sana, the girl was clumsy as it goes, but she already did, and she was resenting herself more than her girlfriend right now.

Sana had prepared, and yes, she truly did, but the circumstances in which they were trapped right now could only mean that it wasn’t enough.

***

It’s the second week of April, the weather was clear and the cool breeze air had it gentleness. Sana had brought Jeongyeon to a forest far from outside contact – an escape from the busy life they had. Jeongyeon had doubt at first given they were the only ones in the jungle, far from home, but the chirping sound of birds singing in tune, the sound of the river flowing, and the quietness thrill her whole being, so she trusts Sana for her plan.

At first, the walk all the way inside was pretty alarming given there wasn’t any guide for them to follow, but Sana said she'd been here and she knew by heart the way around here – Jeongyeon trusted her. They walked side by side, hands clasped on each other, never breaking apart. The atmospheres were romantic and such and Jeongyeon fall for her charm once again.

Halfway through, Sana came to a halt, which perplexed Jeongyeon because they couldn't be there yet because the area is dense with trees and bushes, and the Japanese perked her ears trying to hear better when all around her was complete silence—she had that brooding look trying to make out something in the far of her eyes that could be taken as "it should be near..."Jeongyeon worried.

"Are we lost…?"

"No…" her eyes tremble, and Jeongyeon can feel the slight panic in her voice, "It's around here… I guess."

Jeongyeon wasn’t angry, "Maybe...." shouldn’t be.

"Come, the river is close, so it might not be far ahead."

And the blonde follow her, running with little steps to reach the river bank. The water run deep, she can see fishes swimming wildly in the clear water, the mould blended well with the stones, the light hinting at the water surface created rainbow inside the water and it look magnificent – Jeongyeon fall for the charm of the natures.

"its over there…" yet the blonde couldn’t see it,

"We need to cross the river to get there…"

"I don’t see any bridge?" confuse written on her face.

"No silly, we don’t need no bridges… feel the nature"

Jeongyeon felt skeptical over her statement, but Sana wasn’t waiting on her response when she take off her shoes and was more than ready to walk ahead of her girlfriend – Jeongyeon followed suit.

With Sana waiting just two steps away from her, still holding hands, the smile on her face brazenly broke Jeongyeon’s heart, so she took the first leap toward. The cold water feel refreshing for her and the gentleness of the flows calming her nerves, the tiredness from the long walked and the sore on her shoulder resulting from carrying a heavy bag, wash away in an instant. She laughs a good laugh, happy to be experiencing something new in her life and she got to be this happy because of Sana – with Sana.

And she was right, Sana is, the tail of her eyes could make out a direct sunlight and pavement ground just ahead, the bonfire pitch stood at the middle of the camp site – Jeongyeon walked a little faster, this time dragging her girlfriend instead of following.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter