Happy Place

Kill em with Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, I surprise myself with all the bull I can write when I'm stuck with deadlines. Yes I’m busy. Yes, I have a reporting tomorrow, but yes I’m also procrastinating so let me write all the bull creativity bull here. So open your minds and see how amazing fiction works hahahahaha. Ps. I'm sleepy so not edited.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You look awful,” Joy commented. “What do you mean? I look as fresh as a daisy,” Wendy said enthusiastically, with bags under her eyes and an overkill of coffee running through her veins. They’re in their dorms, waiting for breakfast. They always do this routine a year ago before the sudden change.

 

 

“A dying patch of daisies maybe. At least you look better than those two,” Joy said as she pointed at Yeri and Seulgi, who look like their souls have been out of their system, eyes blank and bodies not moving.

 

 

“Are they okay?” Wendy asked, taking note she has to take the two out for a little bit of sunshine because they looked like ghosts.

 

 

“Maybe they watched some horror movies last night to the point that they had nightmares,” It was Irene who answered coming out from the back.

 

 

“Seulgi unnie, what horror movie did you two watched?” Joy asked. The two robotically turned their heads in their direction which totally creeped the other three out.

 

 

“Unnie, do you know the movie “The Hunt?,” Yeri asked instead. Wendy turned her head to the side. “Isn’t that the movie where rich people hunt other people like a game?” Wendy tried to remember.

 

 

“Oh, that’s great,” Yeri paled while Seulgi looked like she wanted to hide under the table.

 

 

“Why? You’re going to watch it? It’s too gory I think,” Wendy said. “Not really, someone suggested it to us, maybe get some pointers they said,” Yeri said as she sipped her water.

 

 

“Pointers?” She looked at Joy who just shrugged her shoulders. “Anyway, whats’s the plan for your album jacket? I want to come! Tell them to change my schedule,” Joy said as she whined and pulled on her unnie’s sleeve.

 

 

“I don’t know yet Sooyoungie. I hope its going to come out pretty. I’m sorry you had something to do that day,” Wendy said as she sipped on her morning coffee. She’s finishing the last details her solo and she’s excited and scared at the same time. It’s an album dedicated to her fans who waited for her recovery. She hopes she gets to convey her feelings to those who stayed by her side, even if the world has moved on already.

 

 

“It’s going to be great unnie! Since it’s you,” Sooyoung hugged from the side, not afraid of being affectionate to her. “Aigoo, thanks Sooyoungie. Don’t get married. Stay with us forever,” Wendy hugged back.

 

 

“Yah, what are you my dad?” Sooyoung laughed as she pushed her away. “Well you are part of the parent line,” Sooyoung said suggestively, eyeing another person from the other side of the room. It usually flusters Wendy when she teases the two of them.

 

 

“Please don’t tell me a daddy joke, I have enough of those from the fans,” Wendy said as she covered her ears totally missing Sooyoung’s point.

 

 

“I mean—“

 

 

“Ah I miss these kinds of breakfast talks,” Yeri sighed grabbed a piece of bread.

 

 

“Sooyoung-ah, don’t you have a meeting too? Seungwan’s not the only one nearing a solo debut,” Joohyun said as she placed a plate of eggs on the table.

 

 

“Oh right! Thanks unnie,” Joy said as she ate her hurriedly ate her share and raced to brush her teeth.

 

 

“Wait for me. I’ll come with you,” Wendy said as she hear the car honk for them to go.

 

 

“You’re not eating breakfast?” Joohyun asked. “It’s okay unnie, I have to meet someone later. I’ll join you guys next time,” Wendy smiled as she grabbed her bag from the counter and marched out of the door, dragging Joy with her.

 

 

“She’s in a hurry,” Yeri said as she grabbed a piece of bread.

 

 

“Who is she meeting anyway?” Joohyun said as she also sat down on the table. Seulgi raised her head from her position as she eyed Yeri to tell.

 

 

“Someone who’s haunting her nightmares unnie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where the hell did your eyebrows go?!” Jennie was horrified as she went out to meet a light haired, smiling face of a midget. A midget with no eyebrows.

 

 

“Wow it’s nice to see you too after 2 weeks Wendy unnie. You look healthy Wendy unnie,” Wendy deadpanned as Jennie scrutinized her eyebrows more.

 

 

“It’s like “One of these Nights” nightmare again,” Jennie said as she covered .

 

 

“Yah!” Wendy exclaimed. Then, a tall shadow appeared, blocking the horrified Jennie from her view.

 

 

“Unnie! How are you! You look healthy!” Rosé sneaked up from behind Jennie and went to hug Wendy tightly.

 

 

“Uuhmp, Ro-Rosie, you’re crushing me,” Wendy said as she tapped her back and the giant let her go, giggling.

 

 

“Thanks. I didn’t know you’re coming with us Rosie. How are you?” Wendy greeted the younger girl.

 

 

“Oh no. I’m just hitching a ride to the mall. I don’t want to interrupt your date,” Rosé said.

 

 

“It’s not a date,” Jennie and Wendy said at the same time. Jennie cleared and Wendy scratched her head. Rosé just smiled.

 

 

“Okay. Oh Unnie, I can’t find you’re eyebrows. Cute,” the girl giggled and got a eyebrow pencil from her bag. “I’m sure it’s a color close to mine. Here, let me draw it on for you,” Rosé said as she positioned herself closer to Wendy. She was about to draw on her face when the pencil was taken away.

 

 

“I’ll do it for her in the car,” Jennie said as she capped the pencil, giving Wendy a sour look and got inside the car.

 

 

“What happened to her?” Wendy asked as a Rosé shook her head, hiding a smirk on her face.

 

 

They were supposed to have lunch together now that Jennie had came back abroad. She got delayed for a week because of other transactions. In other words, Wendy really had a hard time sleeping in the last few weeks. Because of that.

 

 

And she had the nerve to look pissed off?

 

 

She seated herself next to Jennie while Rosé sat next to the driver. She looked at Wendy at the back and gave her smirk and a wink and moved a curtain separating them from the front.

 

 

Okay. Everyone is acting weird.

 

 

Wendy heard Jennie grumble next to her.

 

 

“You okay? How are you?” Wendy said, curious that the girl wasn’t as talkative as she should since she just came home from a trip. Jennie stayed silent which concerned Wendy even more. The van stopped at a traffic light. Wendy was about to suggest they cancel their lunch since Jennie doesn’t look like she’s up for it but she had to bite her tongue when Jennie suddenly released her seatbelt and straddled her.

 

 

For goodness sake. Let me live.

 

 

“Jennie!” Wendy squeaked as she grabbed on to her hips to support her. She’s beginning to flush red and her palms are sweating like crazy.

 

 

“Don’t move, I’m giving you eyebrows,” Jennie said as she uncapped Rosé’s eyebrow pencil earlier with a determined look on her face.

 

 

“We could do that later when were not in a moving car!” Wendy scream whispered, eyeing the other two occupants of the vehicle but the curtain obscured her view and their driver seemed to be engaged in whatever Rosé was saying. She’s also trying not to die from how close Jennie was.

 

 

You’re cool Wan. You’re dine. Happy place. Happy place.

 

 

That has been Wendy’s mantra for the last two weeks when some she-devil had been plaguing her mind since. But she knows this Jennie is very real and she’s very much the personification of the temptation in her dreams.

 

 

Happy place. Happy—God, is this a test? You know I don’t do well under pressure. Happy pl—

 

 

Jennie moved her face closer.

 

 

I’m not fine.

 

 

“Let me do this. It’s irritating me,” Jennie said as she traced the outline of Wendy’s eyebrow.

 

 

“O-okay,” Wendy said as she looses a few years of her life.

 

 

Why is she still so pretty even when she’s angry??

 

 

“Your hair grew longer,” Jennie commented after a few moments of silence. She squeaked a small yes when the van suddenly moved forward, making her grip Jennie tightly.

 

 

Happy place. Happy place. Happy place.

 

 

“Is the picture still in your room?” Jennie asked her. Wendy just nodded as she tried to focus on something infront of her to calm herself. Which was a mistake because Jennie’s lips were annoyingly pink and plump and had the audacity to pull on a smirk.

 

 

Happy place my .

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter