Ice cream

Kill em with Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Wendy woke up to the smell of something burning. She got out of her bed and sprinted to the kitchen. “Did I unplug the damn microwave last night? Oh god, I didn’t, didn’t I? Mom’s going to kill me,” she thought as she rounded the corner. She was surprised to see Jennie staring at the wall while letting the eggs she’s frying burn to a crisp.

 

 

“Jennie!” Wendy called out. Jennie was startled then quickly noticed what she was doing. “Holy ,” she said as she flipped the eggs she had in the pan. Wendy tried not to laugh at her attempt to salvage the egg but finally huffed in frustration. Wendy went closer and looked at her masterpiece.

 

 

“I’m not eating that,” she said while looking at the burnt eggs. “Me neither,” Jennie said as she looked at it with disgust.

 

 

“You startled me!” Jennie crossed her arms.

 

 

“I can smell the smoke in my dreams. Why else would I come running?” Wendy argued and Jennie sighed.

 

 

“Sorry, I kinda spaced out for a second,” Jennie said tiredly. Wendy noticed the dark circles under her eyes and got worried.

 

 

“You okay?” Wendy gently rubbed her arm. Jennie nodded then put her hand on Wendy’s forehead.

 

 

“I guess you’re fine now. You didn’t let me sleep last night,” Jennie said. Wendy can feel the blood rush to the tip of her ears.

 

 

“Oh, you got warmer again, what the hell?” Jennie said. Wendy swatted away her hands.

 

 

“It’s nothing, you’re imagining things,” Wendy said as she reached for a tray of eggs to fry while trying to tone down her blush.

 

 

“What did I say? Hey, you sit down. I’m cooking,” Jennie ordered as she pushed Wendy to a chair and told her to wait. It’s still early yet they’re already bickering. Wendy hears soft music coming from the living room area. Jennie must have finally figured out how to use the speakers.

 

 

“But you’re my guest—“ Jennie cut her off. “Unnie, I’ve been doing this since last night. I got this,” Jennie said turning to crack another egg. Out of the blue, Wendy suddenly apologized.

 

 

“For what?” Jennie asked turning to her.

 

 

“I didn’t want to bother you with all of this. You didn’t have to,” Wendy said, embarrassed. Jennie walked to up to Wendy.

 

 

“Unnie, I didn’t risk a heart attack every time you materialize like a ghost last night for you to say that. Besides,” Jennie tilted her chin up to make sure she was looking at her.

 

 

“I wanted to,” Jennie said, her face serious then slowly forming a smile. “Let me take care of you too,” Jennie said and Wendy can feel her heart beat a little faster. She tried her best to hide the blush that’s starting to form again.

 

 

“And I thought I was cheesy,” Wendy tried to hide her face in her hands. Jennie triumphantly strutted back to her frying pan. She burned another egg. She groaned.

 

 

“You? Cheesy? I don’t see it.” Jennie said as she cracked another egg.

 

 

“Excuse me?” Wendy said when she recovered. Another song started to play in the speakers.

 

 

“Come to think of it, when I watched your interviews, you’re always the flirt. I don’t see that here,” Jennie rambled as she tried not to burn the fourth egg of the day.

 

 

“You watched my interviews? Do I have a fan in Kim Jennie?” Wendy asked, amused. Jennie just rolled her eyes and ignored her.

 

 

“Okay, what’s the difference when I’m with you then?” Wendy asked her and studied Jennie’s face as she thinks.

 

 

“Well, we fight a lot. I don’t think we’ve ever been that romantic. Where is this greasy Wendy I heard about? No wonder we can’t convince anyone that there’s something going on,” Jennie said as she again burned what she’s cooking.

 

 

“Why can’t I get a single egg rught on this pan?!” Jennie huffed in frustration.

 

 

“Hey, your plans don’t work because you don’t follow your plans,” Wendy argued. “And me being a flirt..Well I don’t really know how I do that. It just comes off like that I guess,” Wendy shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

“I guess everyone gets to be called pretty while I get to be called a loser. You’re not romantic at all unnie,” Jennie held out her tongue to Wendy then focused all her attention on the fifth egg. She’s a little happy that it’s actually turning out well.

 

 

Only the song playing in the background and the eggs frying filled the space between them. There was no conversation for a while, making Jennie afraid she might have offended Wendy without knowing. She was about to turn around but yelped when she felt arms circling her waist. Again.

 

 

“Jesus,” Jennie thought as she felt Wendy behind her like last night. “W-what are you doing?” She said, aware of the presence behind her. She was conscious because she didn’t take a bath yet.

 

 

“Practicing being romantic,” Wendy whispered in her ear, sending goosebumps at the back of her neck. “I heard you like giving back hugs but since you’re busy, I’m giving you one instead,” she heard as Wendy hugged her a little tighter.

 

 

“Where did you hear that?” Jennie asked slowly succumbing to the warmth enveloping her. “I watched your show,” Wendy said simply.

 

 

“Well, I guess you’re my fan,” Jennie fired back, totally forgetting what she’s supposed to do.

 

 

“Yes, I am,” Wendy said seriously.

 

 

“Dork,” Jennie tried not to blush.

 

 

“Dance with me?” Wendy said as she turned her around and asked for her hand.

 

 

“But you don’t like to dance?” Jennie hesitated but still took her hand.

 

 

“Well, let’s move around the kitchen while listening to music then,” Wendy smiled at her.

 

 

Jennie bit her lip as she tried not to smile at how ridiculous they were. “Unnie this isn’t romantic at all,” Jennie laughed as they bumped against the counter again.

 

 

“Hey I’m trying here,” Wendy said as she laughed when they stepped on each others toes. A slower song played and they slowed down. “Unnie, I still have to cook breakfast,” Jennie said as she walked back to the pan and she scraped off the burnt egg for the nth time.

 

 

“Being romantic is hard. Dancing in the kitchen is a really romantic scene in movies,” Wendy said as she placed her head on Jennie’s shoulder. She’s still weak from her cold last night. “I figured,” Jennie didn’t flinch this time. They were quiet for a while just listening to the music when Wendy started humming to the song being played.

 

 

“.. You don't know, babe..When you hold me..And kiss me slowly..It's the sweetest thing..” Wendy placed her hands on Jennie’s waist again.

 


“.. And it don't change..If I had it my way..You would know that you are..” Wendy started singing softly near her ear while they move slightly to the beat of the music.

 

 

“..You're the coffee that I need in the morning..You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring..Won't you give yourself to me..Give it all, oh..” Jennie thought that her knees would give out if Wendy hadn’t secured her in place. Maybe this is how it feels like to hear heaven up close. Wendy turned her around.

 

 

“..I just wanna see..I just wanna see how beautiful you are..You know that I see it..I know you're a star..” Wendy twirled her around. They laughed at how silly it was and Jennie’s cheeks were starting to hurt from all the smiling.

 

 

“Where you go I follow…No matter how far..If life is a movie..Oh you're the best part..” Wendy sang the last line of the chorus and smiled at her and Jennie found herself doing the same. They didn’t know they’ve been standing there even after the song has long been finished. They only went back to reality when another song started playing.

 

 

“Am-am I romantic enough?” Wendy asked Jennie who didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter