Furniture

Kill em with Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey!  I still have enough neurons left from all the exams! Forgive me in advance but tell me what you think anyway hahahaha As for the weird title... you'll get what I mean. Anyway Ciao!
 

 

 


 

Oh! Mom wanted to buy those fluffy pillows on that store we passed the other day.

 

 

“…what do you mean this is a ploy? And you didn’t say anything to me—“

 

 

Maybe I should drop by a store later. A couple of pillows won’t hurt.

 

 

“…and you said you were getting nowhere right? Since you’ve been failing on every attempt for people to doubt that two of you have something going on, which I doubt by the way—“

 

 

Maybe I should buy some for me too. Jennie hogs all the damn pillows to her side. Maybe another duvet is good investment too—

 

 

“YAH SON SEUNGWAN!”

 

 

Wendy finally paid attention to her bestfriend who was interrogating her for the last few minutes. Wendy arrived at Seulgi’s apartment earlier that evening and confessed everything to Seulgi. From the their supposed to be harmless deal, their inability to carry out their plan and finally, the sudden realization that Wendy Son Seungwan is indeed an idiot.

 

 

Wendy felt a little better after that.

 

 

Seulgi however, caught the panic that left her body.

 

 

“You mean to tell me that you’ve just gone down the most cliché route of fake dating by falling for your damn partner–” Wendy winced because Seulgi rarely swears. “–and not just anyone but Kim Jennie may I add. And you two did it without even accomplishing your goal to get your own women jealous?!”

 

 

Seulgi was expecting Seungwan to retaliate but she just nodded.

 

 

This idiot.

 

 

Seulgi pinched the bridge of her nose. She was supposed to be the calm one yet she’s tired of the day’s stalking and being bombed by the news of her best friend’s shenanigans doesn’t help one bit.

 

 

“So, what are you going to do about it?” Seulgi looked at her friend.

 

 

 

“Nothing,” Wendy responded. Seulgi groaned.

 

 

“Oh not again. It took years with you and Irene unnie. Don’t tell me you’re giving up on Jennie—“

 

 

“It’s not like that Seul. Unlike Irene and I, there’s actually people in between all of this. It’s messy.” Seulgi let out a sigh.

 

 

“Tell me why’d you did it again then?” Seulgi asked. Wendy looked at her bestfriend.

 

 

“It sounded promising, the plan. That girl can sell any idea, I tell you,” Seulgi just scoffed earning a glare from Wendy.

 

 

“It was just a harmless plot of getting Jisoo and Irene jealous. But you know, that girl is a horrible player and a klutz and things didn’t go as planned and no was there to tell us off and well…"

 

 

" Tadaa,” she said weakly with an embarrassed smile. Wendy just lowered her head and waited for another round of scolding. The room was quiet then Seulgi sighed. She’s been sighing all day.

 

 

“I’m going to ignore what you did behind my back because let’s face it, I haven’t been the best friend you needed the last few months. I’m sorry,” Seulgi dropped next to her friend.

 

 

“Seul, what are you talking about. I should be the one apologizing. I’m —“

 

 

“No matter how smart you are, you’re still the girl who shaved her own tongue so you’re still the idiot I know and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to reel you in.” Wendy was about to protest when Seulgi continued.

 

 

“But I’m kinda glad you did what you did.” Wendy was surprised and looked at Seulgi for an explanation.

 

 

“God knows you’d just be hiding away in your room again, scolding and asking yourself on what you did wrong with Irene unnie,” Seulgi looked at Seungwan. “I’m not being bias towards you but you already  offered so much, I don’t know what Irene unnie’s thinking on rejecting you. You can at least teach yourself to heal. I can't believe I'm saying this–"

 

 

“You are being bias, Kang Seulgi,” Wendy giggled.

 

 

“And you even gone the extra mile to do this for her. When I say everything...”

 

 

“It didn’t go as planned though. It totally blew up on me and in the end, there’s going to be people who’ll end up hurting because of this,” Wendy hid her face in her hands.

 

 

“Because we’re idiots,” she finished.

 

 

“Because you’re idiots,” agreed Seulgi and sighed. She then tried to pry Wendy’s hands off her face so she could look at her.

 

 

“I’m not saying you won’t be but maybe this is fate trying to say something to you.” Wendy looked at her friend seriously. “What are you saying, Seul?”

 

 

“Look, Jisoo likes someone else, Irene… she’s being difficult and now you finally found someone who’ll definitely make you happy. Enough to even blur us out for a moment and that’s saying something.”

 

 

“Look, I already apologized—“

 

 

“I know, but back to the point Wan,” Wendy tried not to roll her eyes. “Maybe she’s your silver lining Wan-ah. You know the one who’ll take your breath away after all this time.”

 

 

“I swear, the romantic in you, Kang Seulgi.”Wendy deadpanned and was about to stand but Seulgi pulled her down again,

 

 

“Okay fine, why do you like her?” Seulgi asked and Wendy stopped for a moment.

 

 

“I—,”

 

 

Why’d she like Jennie again? They weren’t even close in the first place but that girl just recklessly wandered off into her life and dragged her in to her shenanigans. She’s cranky all the time, hogs all pillows, they banter a lot, they’re the total opposite of each other—

 

 

“I told you to tell me, not narrate it inside your head.”

 

 

—but she yields when she knows she’s wrong, cuddles when she knows I’m cold and sometimes lets me win arguments over petty things. She’s sweet and loving and vulnerable but she’s always there for me and I like Jennie very very much.

 

 

Seulgi doesn’t need to hear. The shine in her eyes was enough proof of what she can’t say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I swear to god, just tell her you like her and end this crazy deal.” Seulgi said over the phone, trying to tame her bed hair. Its been a few days since they had their conversation in Seulgi’s living room and after that her bestfriend has been spamming her text messages and now Seulgi has to deal with a gay panicked Wendy calling at 2 am in the morning.

 

 

“No, I told you I can’t do that. It’s complicated.”

 

 

“Then why are you even calling me at this hour?” Seulgi was starting to think being kept in the dark has its benefits. She didn’t know she triggered the girl to pour out everything in her crazy love life.

 

 

“She’s here,” Wendy responded.

 

 

“What? Where?”

 

 

“Where? On the bed.”

 

 

“Wendy you sneaky fox! You told me you're not going to do anything and now you’ve bed her!?”

 

 

“That’s not what I meant! I slept over in her apartment!”

 

 

“She bed you in hers!?”

 

 

“Seulgi, don’t be such a ert! You’re starting to sound like Sooyoung!” She whispered shouted on the phone, getting red all over.

 

 

“Wow, you’re already a few bases in than I expected.”

 

 

“Seulgi!”

 

 

“Okay, fine, you didn’t do anything. What’s the matter then? You’ve decided to become a martyr, why are you getting worked up on this?”

 

 

“Because she’s making it hard for me,” Wendy was bundled up in the corner of the room, phone pressed on her face with an extra blanket wrapped around her body while looking at the other occupant of the room.

 

 

She told herself she has to distance herself from said person and it would be easy since they’re both idols, with Jennie’s concert on the way and Wendy’s surge of schedules. But it seemed like Seulgi and her wretched fate thing must have done something to the universe because she’s seeing Jennie everywhere and anywhere in the last couple of days.

 

 

In the mall:

 

“Mom, did you like the new pillows I bought last time? You think I should buy a new set for myself?—“

 

“Unnie!”

 

“Oh my god!” Jennie suddenly emerged from a curtain display behind Wendy and quickly hugged her.

 

“Jennie what the hell! I almost had a heart attack!” Wendy clutch her chest and glared at the girl.

 

“Don’t worry. I know cpr,” Jennie winked and walked away saying goodbye to her mom on the way. “Bye Mrs. Shon!”

 

“Bye honey! Lets go dear,” she turned to her daughter.

 

“Mom call her back, I think I need cpr.”

 

“What?!”

 

 

On the highway:

 

“Wendy-sshi?”

 

“Yes, oppa?”

 

“Mind telling Jennie-sshi that what she’s doing is dangerous?” Pointing outside, where a delusional woman was waving at their van, her head out the window their car.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!” Her gummy smile lighting Wendy’s morning brighter. Then she snapped out of it.

 

“Unnie! I know you’re in there! Notice me!” Both Wendy and her manager groaned. 

 

 

In the bathroom at a photoshoot location:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter