Mercy

Kill em with Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Are you serious right now?” Wendy groaned to her pillow. She wanted to go back to sleep but the harsh light was already streaming through her floor to ceiling-window and a stray cat has invited herself to invade her bedroom. She looked at her phone on the bedside table and grumbled.

 

 

“Jen, it’s only eight in the morning,” Wendy grumbled again but this time, she finally sat up to scrutinized the younger. Jennie was adjusting the tripod with a camera infront of Wendy’s bed.

 

 

“Kim Jennie, if you’re filming something R- rated, I refuse to use my poor bed for those purposes,” Wendy deadpanned. Jennie didn’t even flinched and Wendy scrunched her eyebrows. “Yah Kim Jennie, are you even listening?” Wendy stood up and tapped Jennie’s shoulder.

 

 

It happened all at once. Jennie flinched away and screamed, even bumping the camera in the process. She tripped and as she fell to the floor, Jennie managed to grab hold of Wendy’s pajamas, dragging her to the ground with her. Wendy has her eyes closed and thankfully she didn’t feel any pain. She only felt something soft on her cheeks. Her hand automatically reached up to touch what it was. She heard a whimper and her eyes shot open, realizing what it was. Wendy looked up to see a very flustered Jennie, her cat like eyes wide open.

 

 

Oh no.

 

 

“Unnie! You ert!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, okay? How am I supposed to know you had your earphones on? Come on Jen,” Wendy begged as she tried to reach out but Jennie moved away, looking at Wendy with judging eyes and while covering her chest.

 

 

“It was an accident!” Wendy explained.

 

 

“You still touched them! Unnie ert!” Jennie said back. “It’s not like I wanted to hold them!” Wendy fired, starting to get irritated.

 

 

“Are you implying they’re not good enough for you!?” Jennie shouted and Wendy had to choke. “I—What?! How the hell did you even gone to that conclusion,” Wendy was astounded. Once again, Kim Jennie has found herself off topic again.

 

 

“Whatever, I’ll just go—“ Jennie stood up from the bed but Wendy was already moving. She gently grabbed Jennie arm and pulled her back. Jennie faced her with her arms crossed. “Look, I’m sorry okay?” Wendy repeated as gently as she can. She can see her frown was beginning to fade but she still looks upset. Wendy tugged on Jennie’s purple sleeve. “Talk to me,” Wendy pouted and she finally saw her frown fade away.

 

 

“Fine,” Jennie sighed and continued, “It’s partly my fault too. But you owe me,” Jennie glared at her and Wendy just nodded so as to appease the tiger. “And another apology.”

 

 

“For what?” Wendy’s brows furrowed. Jennie open up her arms and looked at Wendy. Wendy raised a brow. Seriously? She’s not letting go? Jennie looked at her and waited. Wendy gave up and sighed.

 

 

“Fine,” Wendy inhaled deeply, the tips of her ears turning pink.

 

 

“You have a nice rack,” Wendy covered her face while Jennie smirked triumphantly.

 

 

“Thanks. Let’s go, I prepared breakfast,” Jennie said as she swaying her hips as she strutted to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, they’re giving you a youtube channel and you have to film something for your birthday?” Wendy said as she played with the camera in her hands. She has been dubbed as the videographer of the day “as compensation for being a ert” as quoted by Jennie. She also had a heads up that the girl’s birthday is coming soon so she has to give her something special.

 

 

“And why not film in your own house?” Wendy asked the girl who’s been tidying up the already tidy bed. “I like it here better,” Jennie said simply and went to sit on the bed. She looked like she’s about to say something but didn’t so Wendy let her be.

 

 

“What are you going to do?” Wendy asked as she attached the camera to the tripod. Jennie got out her phone and played a song, a cover to be specific. “We’re going to film a music video around this,” Jennie dangled her phone. Wendy listened and stood there with a serious look on her face.

 

 

“Basically, from what I’ve heard, you’re going to aegyo your way into your music video,” Wendy stated and Jennie nodded.

 

 

“Okay,” Wendy said.

 

 

“Unnie, I can see your smirk. Don’t laugh at me!” Jennie pouted as Wendy tried not to cackle behind the camera.

 

 

“Hey I’m not. You do you kitty,” Wendy said as she positioned herself, hiding her face from behind. “You better not laugh at me.”

 

 

It turns out Wendy did a great job behind the camera. Besides the occasional cringe, Jennie’s natural cuteness was conveyed throughout and Wendy did a good job not cringing at all (almost). In fact, she’s actually enjoying their little shoot.

 

 

“Am I doing this right?” Jennie asked as she pretends to paint the wall. “Yeah, you’ve been doing great. Just keep doing what you’re doing kitty,” Wendy encouraged. She was sure their little snippets will be edited nicely so Jennie doing random things will look a little put together when they're done. Jennie, however, was becoming anxious.

 

 

“You sure?” her voice lace with doubt. Wendy traced the doubt in her voice and stopped recording. “What’s wrong?” Wendy asked and Jennie looked a little bit shy.

 

 

“Well, you’ve been quiet for a while, so maybe I’m not doing it right?” Jennie stopped painting animatedly and looked at Wendy. Wendy wanted to chuckle but Jennie’s face say she’s serious. Wendy thought about it and decided to answer honestly.

 

 

“Well would you believe it when I say that you’re doing exceptionally well, aegyo-wise, that even I can’t complain?” Wendy turned to smile at her and Jennie suddenly got shy. “Adorable,” Wendy thought.

 

 

“Okay,” Jennie said softly and continued fake painting. They shared a comfortable silence as Wendy started recording.

 

 

“ in your tummy,” Wendy ordered and they bursted out laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few days later..

 

 

“Jen, you were a little off beat on the second chorus. Don’t twirl around too early so you can catch the line—“ Jennie just nodded and positioned herself so they could finish practicing. Lisa is a little strict/ in abad mood today. Maybe her morning coffee was too bitter or one of her cats vomited a hairball. She doesn’t know but she hopes her mood changes because her legs are going to give out any second from now. “Alright, I guess that’s better. To the cafeteria!” She ordered and she and Rosé zoom passed the door. Jennie was a couple of steps behind when Jisoo called her out.

 

 

“Jen, can we talk?” she said as she look up at her with expectant eyes. Jennie was hesitant but she followed Jisoo out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, see you tomorrow!” Joy said as she waved along with the others. “Seungwan-ah, be careful on your way back,” Irene said as Wendy slid into the backseat of the car. “Text me if you’re already home, okay?” Irene reminded her and Wendy nodded, closing the door sitting back and sighing. It's been a while since she had dinner with the girls. It was all good news to her. Her girls are back and they will be performing in the upcoming SM concert is definitely good news.

 

 

She was sitting comfortably in her seat when her cellphone rang. It was Jennie. She picked up the call. “Kitty? You’re still awake?” Wendy looked at her watch and saw its almost midnight.

 

 

“I know your still up, unnie. Don’t worry I’ll go to sleep after this. I’m tired too,” Jennie said on the other line.

 

 

“And here I thought you’re going to drag me for a midnight snack,” Wendy chuckled.

 

 

“Ugh, if only,” Wendy can hear the exhaustion in her voice. They’ve been practicing for their own concert so Jennie had been too busy to drag Wendy into her shenanigans.

 

 

“Don’t exhaust yourself too much,” Wendy said with worry in her voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter