Distance

Kill em with Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know the birthday is way past but you're reading fanfiction so just go with it hahaha Hi! Ae author cause she busy. Enjoy! 


 

 

“I’m confused.”

 

 

“What is it this time?” Jennie said as she rummaged through the rack of clothes.

 

 

“Is this the ninth boutique we’ve been in or is it the ninetieth because I’ve already lost count,” Lisa flopped down on one of the couches, setting aside the pile of bags filled with clothes already brought from previous stores. She admits she loves shopping too but Jennie looks like she might be willing to buy the whole mall at this rate.

 

 

“Keep counting if you want. White or blue?” Jennie asked holding up two pretty blouses.

 

 

“I’m sure Wendy unnie can strive off your spring/summer/ fall collection for her four shops ago. I mean she doesn’t even go out that much?” Lisa argued. “White for Wabs,” she added as Jennie gave her a pointed look.

 

 

“She’s going to be real busy soon so she’d be needing desperate help. That girl doesn’t know how to distinguish fashion from pajamas. But I think the blue one will suit her better,” inspecting the cute royal blue top carefully.

 

 

“Is saying happy birthday not enough these days?” Lisa said as she looked at the the two tops. “Wendy unnie looks like the type to appreciate simple things.”

 

 

“She does, but that doesn’t mean I have to make it simple too. That girl needs more than this,” Deserves more. Lisa just nodded in understanding. “And when have I ever gone on the simpler route?” Jennie said as she finally made a conclusion. Lisa who rolled her eyes but also nodded in agreement.

 

 

“Have you ladies decided on anything yet?” a sales lady approached them. The two nodded.

 

 

“We’ll take both.” Jennie said. “And the whole rack.”

 

 

“And the rack behind that as well, midget size please,” Lisa concluded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was happily sleeping away when she felt the vibration from her phone on top of her chest. She reached out for it and the bright phone screen almost seared her eyes. She groaned.

 

 

“Happy birthday Seungwan-ah!” Seulgi’s text said. Wendy unlocked her phone and and looked at the time. She tried to compose a reply with one eye open.

 

 

“Thnks ddeul buts its pnli 11 pm. Mi brthdas stil an hour form nw dmdum,” she groaned and tried to go back to sleep but her phone buzzed again.

 

 

Seul, I love you but I need to wake up early tomorrow.

 

 

Wendy again groaned and willed herself to entertain her darling best friend.

 

 

Seulgi: I know. I just greeted earlier because I might fall asleep later.

 

 

Why I oughta—

 

 

Seulgi: And so I’d be the first one to greet you of course kekekeke

 

Wendy: If that was you’re worried about, someone already beat you to it.

 

Seulgi: WHAT!? WHO?!

 

Wendy: Jennie did.

 

Seulgi: Oh, sweet you must be soooo happy then Sanaoil

 

Wendy: Hmmm she greeted earlier because she has a flight overseas and she wouldn’t be the able to greet me when the 21st strikes here.

 

Seulgi: O_o What?!

 

Her phone suddenly buzzed alerting a call from none other than her text mate. She sighed and accepted the call.

 

 

“So you can’t see her tomorrow!?” Seulgi’s voice almost pierced her eardrum. “But-but your crush should be here for your birthday! I mean— aww I’m sorry Wan,” Seulgi was looking forward on teasing her bestfriend for whatever plan Jennie had boiled down for her birthday, but the girl in question wouldn’t even be able to show her face tomorrow.

 

“It’s fine Seul geez. It’s not the end of the world. She already greeted me and I definitely heard her sulk on the phone earlier,” she said as she rubbed her eyes. “Besides, I’d be spending my birthday with my parents. This would be one of those times that I’d be able to celebrate my birthday with them here in Korea,” Wendy said.

 

 

She admits she’s a little sad that Jennie won’t be able to be here for her birthday and the days after. But she’s looking at the bright side of things. Birthdays are celebration of life, of being thankful for another year. And based on the past year she had, she’s very thankful.

 

 

“You’re sappy when you’re sleepy,” Seulgi said and Wendy had to roll her eyes. “And you’re bothering my hibernation. Now let me sleep Seulgi-yah. I’ll see you tomorrow ‘kay? Love ya,” They ended the call and Wendy released a sigh. At least tomorrow, she’d be spending time with her parents and look around the city and appreciate the effort done by her fans. She was ready to slip back to Waniland when her retched phone buzzed continuously. Again. She blindly reached out and accepted the call.

 

 

“It was already a few minutes before 12 when we ended the call so I didn’t sleep anymore. So I’m going to greet you now! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEUNGWAN AH!” Seulgi enthusiastically greeted.

 

 

 

 

“Wan?”

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Stop sulking already unnie.” Rosé grabbed a lip balm from her bag and dabbed it to her lips. “You’re always excited when we travel.” She looked at her unnie who was looking outside the window looking like a deflated balloon.

 

 

“I am not sulking,” said the sulking unnie, who hugged her knees close to her chest. Rosé rolled her eyes.

 

 

“We’re only gonna be there for a few days. Before you know it, you’ll be back on Korean soil and you’ll finally get fertilized.” Rosé said as she adjusted her blanket.

 

 

“What!?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“What the did you say?” Jennie said as her ears went a shade redder. Where did Rosé’s filter gone these days?

 

 

“Nothing. Anyways, have you greeted Wendy unnie? Cutie’s birthday is today isn’t it? She’s trending on twitter,” Rosé said as she check on her phone.

 

 

“Cutie?” Jennie raised a brow but the younger was distracted by her phone.

 

 

“I should call her later when we land. I’ll just chat her a greeting now. She must be asleep this time,” Rosie said. “It’s a shame we can’t greet her properly, right unnie?” And just like that, Jennie’s mood sank lower like it did when she informed Wendy they’d be leaving for an overseas schedule. A few hours before her birthday.

 

 

Kim Jennie you .

 

 

Although she couldn’t see her through the phone, she can definitely imagine the frown that must have marked her face. Jennie was planning the perfect surprise for her, a cute little party at lunch in her house because she’s having dinner with her parents. And she was ready to cook for her and even prepared some decorations because she likes cheesy things like that. But this schedule had to ruin it all and she can’t exactly say no. And being the angel that she is, Wendy still wished her safe travels and to call her immediately if they landed.

 

 

“It’s okay kitty, just promise me to stay safe ‘kay?”

 

 

She sighed. Jennie’s mood must’ve sunk at the bottom of the pit already. She looked for her AirPods in her handbag when her hand came in contact with something soft. She pulled out a miniature version of Wendy’s manen.

 

 

“Here, a present!” They had just finished their concert and they were all heading to dinner. Wendy informed them she has to go back which bummed Jennie out. That’s when Wendy held out her hand and placed something small and soft on her palm.

 

 

“We usually receive flowers after the concert though,” Jennie said but carefully enclosed the cute toy in her palms.

 

 

“I didn’t have time for that dumdum. I’ll let them deliver it on your doorstep tomorrow no worries.”

 

 

“I’m just kidd—“

 

 

“You did great today, I’m proud of you,” she nonchalantly said but she can’t help but be embarrassed. It was like any other concert. But she felt tonight was a little special for her.

 

 

She hugged the little guy to her cheek, soft and small like the one who gave it to her. Somehow, with that thought in mind, she finally succumbed to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

It’s only half past seven in the morning but some maniac has been pounding on Seulgi’s door. She has no choice but sluggishly get out of bed and confront the suspect. She didn’t know she’d be popping her eardrums that morning.

 

 

“UNNIE 911!” Yeri burst through the door held Seulgi’s collar. “I think we have a different number to call here in Korea—“

 

 

“Unnie! Concentrate! You’ve got to help me! We need to make Wendy unnie happy today!” Yeri shook Seulgi who was only half asleep. Yeri literally slapped her out of unconsciousness.

 

 

“Ow!” Seulgi cried.

 

 

“Unnie!”

 

 

“Fine! I don’t know where the sudden enthusiasm came from. Don’t we just casually celebrate our birthdays each ye—“ she stopped talking when Yeri shoved her phone to her face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter