Two

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere today was warmer, indicating spring. Out here in the city, wherever I look, I see flowers. Of course, it did not look as colorful as it would be in other places, but it was beautiful, nonetheless. Shop owners put an effort into decorating their places to get along with the season vibes; plastic flowers were hanging on the entrances of some café; flower shops are filled with customers.

 

"What's that?" That was how Sehun greeted me when he opened the door, along with morning hair, which I badly wanted to run my fingers through. He stared at the single rose in my grip, which I plucked from someone's backyard on my way to his house.

 

I gave him a teasing smirk, "Can't you see it?" After waving the rose in front of him, I received a frown. A breathy laugh left me and pushed the rose to him. "Is this for me?" he then asked with a cheerful expression.

 

That smile made me feel like I won the world.

 

Instead of responding, I grabbed his pale hand and curled his fingers around the stem. Knowing how clumsy Sehun was, I removed the thorns before showing up at his door.

 

"Thank you." he beamed and smelled the rose as we entered his house. Giving him flowers when spring happily entered the atmosphere had been my yearly routine; I gave him different flowers every year. I was told that each flower symbolized different meanings; I believed in that. But, whenever Sehun was the one I'm giving them to, it only meant one thing.

 

And yet he couldn't understand what those petals meant.

 

"I'll get dressed, wait for me" he sprinted his way out of the living room after putting the rose in a vase. I squinted my eyes at the vase and walked towards it as I noticed something. The flowers I gave him from the past years were there, all dried and black.

 

It had been a long time since I last stepped foot in this house. This was where we made most memories back then, starting when we became friends at the age of thirteen. The sudden flashback of when we were just high school students who walked home from school when the bus didn't arrive brought a smile to my face. Our argument in this living room, ranting about spring or winter being better than each other, lived until today.

 

I stepped away from the vase when I heard his footsteps nearing me, along with his humming.

 

"What? Do I look bad?" he stopped in front of me and suddenly queried. It was one of his repetitive questions, but this, I would never get sick of answering.

 

"Nah," Sehun was wearing a simple white shirt under a jean jacket and a pair of black pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter