Five

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a day or two of nothing special but coping in my house while watching an old film I randomly found from a box; or sweeping the wooden floor as I listened to a song the title I couldn't remember; I decided to step out of the house, and breathe some fresh air.

 

The air of the season was very pleasing to inhale, though I am aware that some of the smoke exhaled by the buzzing cars mixed with it.

 

To a market is where I headed. My fridge was losing some of its colors after almost two weeks of not purchasing anything.

 

The place wasn't located in a mall, which was filled with cold air from the air conditioner and was associated with carts. It was more like a public market; the market of the outside world, as Sehun called; located in a street; long walks away from my place.

 

Bringing my car wasn't the brightest idea, since there was no parking lot, and it's too crowded, especially at night.

 

This place was where people who like their fruits and vegetables fresh from a farm go. I had seen numbers of people delivering the newly harvested plants by truck from different places. Most of the time, middle-aged sellers even give discounts to their customers if they ever bought in bundles, along with some chit-chats of random topics some customers just go along with, though they had no idea what the elders were talking of.

 

Interactions in this simple but crowded place never failed to amuse me.

 

I never once liked such a place; too much people going around, some were careless about the way and wouldn't even apologize if they bump into one; high-pitched voices of the sellers, trying to shout as much as their throats could, so the things sprawled on their stall would be acknowledged.

 

It wasn't ideal for me. But, the fact that it was Sehun who introduced me to this place back in high school made me want to come here every time and reminisce those good old days.

 

My memory was as clear as a newly wiped mirror, as I remember when he dragged me by my loosened bag straps and made me walk far with him, just so he had someone to accompany him when he bought fresh apples for his sick mother.

 

Not that I didn't like it.

 

This market, still, was colorful and noisy, with people of ages roaming around, be them teens who wore their school uniform or a wedded couple with their bundle of joy in their arms. I had seen elegant looking people here more than I could count; I was proven wrong when I once told that elites would never step a foot on such a place.

 

But the thing is, snatchers roam around here as well, not to buy, but to shop freely from others. As I walk deeper into the place, they could be steps away from me as they find a perfect target, which could be the lady behind me, or the student standing in front of a stall, or me. No one knows; the reason why I always kept in mind when Sehun advised me not to wear any accessories or brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter