Three

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened the door with slightly trembling hands and a thumping heart. Bringing Sehun here for the first time, I didn’t know what his reaction would be, and it somehow scared me. I knew that I didn’t reach his standards, but I hope my gift for him would.

 

“Woah,” I heard him breathed from behind me when we got in. The same word escaped my lips years ago when I was first brought here by my parents.

 

From the outside, what can be seen was the stacked round logs used as the wall of the house. It wasn’t as lively as before, because the once full of plant entrance was forgotten by its owner. The last time my parents visited this paradise was years ago; I was the one who checks on it from time to time. It saddened me, knowing the fact that the memories this house held were long gone.

 

“Can I live here?” Sehun beamed as his eyes wandered inside. The reaction he was giving earlier when we haven’t got in yet was different; he judged the inside like an old, fragile, and full of web kind of house. I can’t even blame him for that; this house was almost abandoned.

 

I sat on the L-shaped wooden couch with gray cushions in the living area. This was where our family used to hang out and talk about what to do for the entire summer vacation. Across was a brick fireplace with our polaroid sticking on it; it was mostly me and my sister’s photos.

 

Sehun turned with a frown and walked up to me. “Why didn’t you mention this to me before?”

 

My eyes were glued to his, thinking if I should be honest or not. “I forgot,” I lied. The thing is, I didn’t want to just mention it to him, I want to bring him here, and that would be the first time he’ll see and hear about it.

 

“Let’s pretend that I believed you,” he sarcastically replied and rolled his eyes.

 

A small smile rose from my lips. I knew he could see through me, and yet he couldn’t.

 

“When are we seeing the field?” he then asked. I almost forgot the main reason why I brought him here.

 

I stood up and stretched my arms, motioning towards the door. “We can go now,” I said. The way his face lit up didn’t go unnoticed to my eyes.

 

He excitedly walked outside, and I trailed behind.

 

Sehun scurried to my car, but I was quick to grab him by his shirt. When his back slightly hit my chest, my heart drummed wildly. This feeling was not new to me, but it never failed to surprise me whenever it came back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter