Seven

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A silent moan slid from my lips the moment I stepped foot at Seven-Eleven. It was the cold air that sent shivers down my body; the cold air exhaled by the air conditioner, which sent an ounce of pleasure to me.

 

It wasn’t burning outside, no, but it was hotter than I expected. As a person who turned the air conditioner almost every hour of the day at home, going out was more intense as I felt the heat to my bones as if it injected through my skin.

 

Summer came in like a newly flipped page of a book, as the chapter changed hurriedly because the author couldn’t think of words anymore; right before I could see it happening, it had already happened. I could feel the new season through my skin and lungs; whenever I felt out of breath while walking as if I was stepping above the fire.

 

I was on my way to Sehun’s house when I stopped by Seven-Eleven to buy beverages and to breathe for a bit, remove the sun’s burning kiss on my skin.

 

Whatever I’m going to do at his house wasn’t planned yet, but I couldn’t stand spending my free time alone, staring at my almost-dying plant with its blackening leaves, thinking whether I should water it or let it die.

 

I opened the fridge and grabbed four drinks. Colorful things that displayed on the aisle didn’t interest me, so I went straight to the counter. The old couple sitting beside the glass window caught my attention; they were wearing the same outfits and drank the same beverages, probably talking about growing older together on their rocking chairs.

 

Adorable.

 

The red-painted lips of the woman behind the counter reminded me of Ari; it had been a while since I last visited her café.

 

“Are these everything?” She asked; her face wasn’t so welcoming, and her messily tucked hair made her look like she woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

 

She wasn’t like Ari, not even close.

 

“Yes.” I simply answered and waited as she counted the change to my payment.

 

Just when I thought this day couldn’t get any worse, there through the glass door, seen from the other side of the road was Sehun’s ex-lover whose name I still had no idea of. I caught a glimpse of him and his girl, who crossed the road with happy smiles on their faces.

 

If only the stop-light suddenly turned green.

 

I grabbed the bag and change from her hands; the black polish looked scary with the pointed cut of her nails; then, I hurried out of there.

 

“Why are you here?” That was the greeting I received when the door flew open, revealing Sehun in a blue shirt and short that stopped inches before his pink knees, which I secretly loved looking at.

 

Sehun must’ve noticed my eyes because he moved his left leg behind the other. I laughed and entered without his invite.

 

“Hey!” I hear him called, but I p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter