Four

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright yellow that the flowers were flashing on the field matched the sunset beautifully; colors of red, yellow, and orange painted ombre on the sky's canvas. The fresh air felt satisfying against our skin as we watched the silence of nature. It was calming; to have our hair wave peacefully with the wind, thousands of Daffodils danced, watch the sunset, and to be beside someone I adore.

 

"I think I have a new favorite place now." Sehun quietly said with a smile. He looked more beautiful like this; all peaceful, simple, and smiling. I didn't miss the way he closed his eyes when strong wind caressed our body from time to time.

 

I leaned back and laid in a position where my eyes could still catch the beautiful view from the sky. "Yeah?"

 

Sehun hummed and turned with a lazy smile, then copied my position and laid beside me. The slightly tilted wooden backrest the hut provided wasn't that comfortable against our backs, but we could manage for some time.

 

"How did you know of this place?" he queried.

 

As I opened my mouth to begin, I looked at him; and found him staring back intently with curious eyes; some strands of black hair decorated his forehead messily.

 

"We spent vacations here," I spoke, then looked away.

 

Sehun sat up and moved closer. "Really? So you're telling me that after all those times you disappeared after school, you went to this paradise?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

 

Shrugging, I pulled my hands behind my head to avoid the hardness of the wood against my skull. "You were too busy every school break to even hang out with me; what do you expect?" I raised my brows at him.

 

He frowned and laid down again, this time, moving closer to me. It was one of the few times I didn't let it affect me; the irritation that formed inside me just by thinking of Sehun spending months with another; instead of me clogged my mind.

 

"Sorry." I heard him mumble, for the reason I have no idea of.

 

We stayed like that until the sun bid farewell; clouds turned into a darker color as the sky erupted thousands of stars above. The only light that illuminated our surroundings was from the moon.

 

It was captivating.

 

I never wanted anything at the moment but to stop the time and let things stay as it is.

 

Let the rustling of the flowers fill my ears, and chirping of the birds that passed by the sky.

 

"Are we going to sleep here?" Sehun broke the silence with a yawn. It wasn't even late yet, and he already felt tired.

 

Same old him.

 

I sat up and stretched my arms, "No, we're leaving."

 

Even just with the moonlight, I could see his frown.

 

"Can't we just stay in your house, then go back here tomorrow? I think I'm in love with this field." Sehun whined and sat up as well, pushing another yawn.

 

I pondered about it for a moment. The house can't offer us any clothes, since I never intended this trip to last until dark. Dust hugged every furniture of the house, along with some insects hiding in the corner.

 

"No."

 

Sehun sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter