Six

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week went by in a flash, and before I knew it, Sehun had already dragged me outside, at the park, where he asked me to go watch a movie with him.

 

For the first time in my life, I get to experience this. All movie nights that occurred in my years of existence were either at mine or Sehun’s house; on the couch, with snacks on the coffee table that both of us would be too lazy to clean the next day; or at the cinema, where people’s whispers or constant chews go along with each scene.

 

Outdoor movies could pass as one of my favorite things in the world. The way thousands of stars lit up against the dark sky, clouds ghosted over the moon, and colorful blankets sprawled on the green grass, where people of either pairs or not sat; all of those enchanted me.

 

“Move your feet! I’m going to arrange these!” I snapped back in reality when Sehun loudly spoke, turning a few heads of strangers around us. He was the one who brought everything; the blanket, the snacks, and he even brought two tumblers of apple juice, his favorite.

 

He didn’t even ask me what I like.

 

When I tried to assist in helping, he playfully kicked my leg and whined that I was messing up his arrangements.

 

I could tell how happy he was when he successfully deceived me yesterday; saying that everything was automatically provided at the park, so he could bring whatever he likes, and trick me into going here without a single thing in my hand, except my phone.

 

As he laid the blanket on the ground, I intently stared at him. A laugh almost escaped me when I recognized the blanket. It was what I gave him for his 15th birthday, the same star-patterned one.

 

He pulled me down to sit beside him right after he placed everything where he wanted.

 

“I’m so excited!” he exclaimed, hugging a tumbler to his chest. I could tell way before we got here, judging from how he dragged me as if time’s running out.

 

My vision wandered around; I noticed that we had a small distance from the others, but we could still hear their chatters and laughter, muffled to my ears. And I also noticed that they didn’t bring as much as Sehun did. Maybe Sehun loved outdoor movies so much that it went through the roof.

 

“Why did you bring snacks that much? Are we going to watch twenty movies?” I joked.

 

He scowled at me, a look I couldn’t take seriously. “You eat like a pig,” he said with a roll of eyes.

 

Not that I know of, but a smile formed on my lips. I was sure who it was between the two of us, but I chose to stay silent.

 

Waiting for at least half an hour for the movie to start meant constantly guarding the snacks and swatting Sehun’s hands away whenever he reached for it. He could finish all the food without the movie if he wanted like he always does when we were having a marathon at one of our houses. And he said I was the one who eats like a pig?

 

“Look, these are my foods, why do you keep forbidding me?” he whined and reasoned that the others were already munching, so what’s the harm?

 

“These are our foods; you didn’t let me bring anything, remember?” I shot back.

 

He rolled his eyes in defeat and laid on his back with a thud that none around us heard. I sneakily looked at him, the beautiful reflection of the stars in his eyes, and how the wind played with his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter