One

Until the Last Flower Blooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We broke up,”

 

 

That was the first thing he told me when he got to the café we agreed to meet on. The face he made when he first entered already gave a sign that we would be conferring about this topic today.

 

 

It did not surprise me, not at all; the constant push-and-pull Sehun and his now ex-boyfriend had been doing was not new to me.

 

 

Instead of responding, I tiredly leaned back on my chair and watched him with amused eyes. My fingers caressed the black straw of my drink as I wait for him to further discuss the breakup, but he didn’t.

 

 

“Again?” I broke the silence with a bored face. I could picture the number of times we’ve been here in a time-lapse, just talking about Sehun’s failed attempt to permanently be with his boyfriend.

 

 

I have learned a lot about this café more than the history that we tackled in high school. Most customers come here around five o’clock; the majority are students who are trying to survive college. The woman behind the counter- Ari- who likes her lips to be painted red, had the urge to end her life when she was seventeen. We talked for a few whenever I wait for Sehun, and so the sharing about personal lives came along. She also knew about the unrequited love I’m experiencing; she’s the first in a billion to hear that.

 

 

My gaze darted back to Sehun. The uneasiness I felt whenever he’s near scared me.

 

 

“You’re so stupid,” I commented with a dead expression. It was not an insult to him, but rather a fact. If our lives were a book, I would skip this chapter over and over again; this was part of the plot that was so difficult to understand. I would love to re-read and learn what it was about, but it would me up if I did.

 

 

“Kai,” he called. I felt my heartbeat fastened like it always did when he spoke of my name. The bursting emotions inside me were hidden behind the cup of my iced coffee and my unreadable expression.

 

 

I gave him a raised brow.

 

 

“What should I do?” he mumbled, shaking his cup of drink. I could see his fingers tightening around the cup; the moist kissed his pale skin. When he let those words out, I almost laughed. I heard this question more than enough, and I’m so sick of it. One could give him the wisest advice, and he would still go back to his ex-lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter