three ♫︎

The Sky of The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FEELING GRAVITY

 

Made Entertainment

 

Although he's been in his studio all day working on his songs, Juan can't still get rid of his mind from thinking about Cielo. "How can such a fate happen to a person?" He thought out loud and reclined on his swivel chair. He's bothered about Cielo's situation.

Levi, who's leaning against the control panel, is lending him an ear.

"Both of her parents were taken away from her at such a young age, her kin abandoned her after stealing her money, then she inherited her father's illness and even went through several relapses in an age where she should be achieving her dreams and living the life that she wants."

"Cancer is a traitor."

"Why does it have to be her? There are several ty humans out there, why not just them? Why does someone like her? Why her? Wasn't it already enough that she had to live a life without any of her parents being by her side? Why does she have to be sick, too? I don't get it."

"Does she feel the same way?" Levi didn't receive an answer and just heaved out a heavy bothered inhalation. "You seemed too affected by her situation. Take it easy."

"It's just too unfair for her."

"I think you should now give up on her. She's not fit for this kind of thing anymore. It might just stress her out and worsen her condition."

 

 

Light & Hope Hospital: Cielo's VIP room

 

🎶Letting go of every single dream

I lay each one down at Your feet

Every moment of my wandering

Never changes what You see

I've tried to win this war, I confess

My hands are weary, I need Your rest🎶

 

Door open, Juan reached Cielo singing with her guitar while sitting on her bed with her back facing his way. He knocked once to announce his arrival before fully sliding the door open to step inside.

"Hi!"

"Hi!" Juan heard her cheerful voice and beheld her smiling back at him looking as if nothing worrying had happened to her. Cielo placed her guitar on the side as she adjusted herself to face him. 

"I got you flowers on my way here." He said as he walked to her.

"Thank you. I received a lot of flowers today. Look." She proudly showed him.

Looking around, Juan sighted several bouquets and there's even baskets of several kinds of flowers displayed around her room. "Quite a lot, huh?"

"Uhm. They were from my friends and the staff here. I've made quite a lot of friends, you see." She laughed at her boasting.

"I can see. You're quite the social butterfly."

"I actually nicknamed myself butterfly." With a raised brow, her lips curved up into a small smile as if telling him "do you know that" and he nodded to him with an expression of "oh now I know" which prompted her to laugh. "But I'm still a newly transformed butterfly so I can't fly yet. That's why I'm grateful to all of the people who stayed beside me, they helped me get through my struggles. You know, surgeries and chemo treatments are pretty exhausting physically and even emotionally so when they pay me a visit and cheer me up it gives me additional strength and courage to keep going." Probably with all those times that he came to persuade her, she has grown a little comfortable around him for her to find herself sharing something like that with him.

Juan has a different feeling; he feels a sting in his chest as he stares at her. It's empathy. He can't imagine how hard and painful those moments were for her, mostly when she was still a young girl and had no family to be there for her at all times especially during the crucial situation.

"I'm sorry." He heard her say.

"For what?"

"For not being honest to you as to why I won't and I can't accept your offer." She gave him an apologetic small smile.

He shook his head. "No. It's fine. I understand. You need not feel sorry about it." He gives up. Quite rare for him to step back from his set goal but this is a different story. She's a different story.

"Thank you."

"So, how are you feeling now?" He sat on the side of her bed.

The warming breeze of the spring waltz in through the open window of her room caressing their skin softly. She bent her head a little upward and closed her eyes, revelling in it. She finds comfort in the wind. She smiled because, "I feel good, healthy, joyful and content." She looked at him and smiled more. "It's another chance of life for me."

Juan watches her lips curving into a smile and he can't see any sign of trouble or sorrow in her face. It's a sight for one to wonder where she's rooting her strength and happiness from when she's facing such a discouraging situation in life. For a moment, Juan found himself in a situation where he felt like he's watching a pair of stars twinkling in the midst of the bright ray of the morning sun.

"What were you playing when I arrived?"

"Ah! I was playing a contemporary Christian song by Lauren Daigle. Do you want to hear it? I can at least sing for you here."

"Hmm..."

"Ow, I see they're not your cup of tea." And she respects that.

Juan cleared his throat. "Well, everything has its first time." He sat comfortably and added, "And I'd love to hear you sing again." It doesn't matter what kind of song it is, he just wants to hear her sing.

Cielo beamed at him and said, "Thank you," when he handed her the guitar. "Alright." She breathed deep and began strumming the guitar with soft slow melodies, and Juan was all eyes and ears on her.

 

🎶Letting go of every single dream

I lay each one down at Your feet

Every moment of my wandering

Never changes what You see

I've tried to win this war, I confess

My hands are weary, I need Your rest

Mighty Warrior, King of the fight

No matter what I face, You're by my side

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move

When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through

When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You

I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You 🎶

 

She closed her eyes and she's smiling in between: she's feeling the song and the emotions are smoothly being conveyed to him. Juan could feel a stir in his chest and a wave of warm feeling comforting him.

 

🎶 You are my strength and comfort

You are my steady hand

You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher

Your plans are always good

There's not a place where I'll go, You've not already stood

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move

When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through

When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You

I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You 🎶

 

"What do you think?"

"Your voice doesn't disappoint. It felt like an angel was singing me a well-written story."

"That's sweet. Thank you for that, Mr Superstar." Humour filled her tone as she told him that. "This song is one of my supplements to help me get through the hard times."

"It's a beautiful song and it was comforting." The lyrics in fact sent him shivers down his spine. It surprisingly boosted his hope. He smiled. "And you're a way better singer than me." He added a lighthearted remark.

"I have to agree with your last remark." They both laughed. It was a brief moment but Cielo's laughter sure was hearty with the combination of a wicked sound. It had him staring at her with fascination just like how his thin lips are outstretched.

Cielo let out a toothy smile feeling quite embarrassed at her laugh helplessly bursting that way.

"You laugh out loud."

"And hard." Her chest and shoulder trembled as she expressed her hilarity in silence. "I normally laugh like that." It's a trait of hers, she acknowledged. 

"I can see that." They are smiling at each other. "Have you never tried auditioning before?" Juan opened up the subject as he found himself wondering about it.

"I did. I actually passed at KB Entertainment." She smiled with pride.

"Wow! That's the biggest entertainment agency."

"Exactly! But I didn't pursue it." She pouted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter