No Chance

All it takes is a smile from you

"Have you seen Jongwoon?" Leeteuk asked Heechul as soon as the latter entered the student council room.

 

"Only during lunch. Why?" Heechul answered as Leeteuk tries to sort out some paperwork on the table

 

"I forgot to tell him that Kyuhyun will wait for him in the library after class." 

 

"You could just text him." Heechul suggested.

 

"Right. I forgot I could do that."

 

"You're really getting old. I'll do it" Heechul snorted.

 

"Yah! You're just a few days younger than I am."

 

Heechul just waved his hand dismissively and began typing on his phone, informing Jongwoon about his tutor.

 

"I'm still curious why you suggested Kyuhyun when I told you that Jongwoon was asking me for help. I can spare a bit of time to teach him."

 

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard trying to help everyone all the time." 

 

"Yes. But, why Kyuhyun? He's still a freshman."

 

"He's smart. He can probably ace the math test designed for third years." Heechul stated like it was something really obvious.

 

"I know that NOW because you told me. How did you even know about it?"

 

Heechul shrugged, "That's not important. The good thing is Jongwoon has someone to help him."

 

Leeteuk narrowed his eyes at Heechul and Heechul simply winked at him.


------

 

Jongwoon was standing in front of the library trying to calm himself before entering. 

 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Act normal. Don't think about him too much just be calm and act friendly. There's nothing to be nervous about. He's just going to teach you.

 


Jongwoon carefully entered the library and looked for the familiar face that he didn't see last night smiling warmly at him in his dream. There were a few students in the library, but it didn't take long for him to spot that person. He saw his tutor sitting at the table on the corner. Kyuhyun was resting his left cheek on his hand looking serious as he write on his notebook. Jongwoon has to fight the urge to get his phone and take a picture. He already told himself that he would forget about his not so little crush on the younger student. Not to mention, taking his picture without his permission is a bit creepy.

 

Jongwoon took a few hesitant steps towards Kyuhyun and cleared his throat to get the other's attention. He took a deep breath and introduced himself.

 

"Hi. I'm Kim Jongwoon. Leeteuk Hyung told you about me, right?"

 

Kyuhyun stood up and bowed, "Yes. I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you."

 

There were three vacant chairs in the table and Jongwoon took the one next to Kyuhyun.

 

"What topic do you need help with?" Kyuhyun asked, tidying up the space in front of them.

 

Jongwoon fetched his book and notebook from his bag and showed it to Kyuhyun. 

 

"Okay. This is not that complicated. You see..."

 

Kyuhyun began explaining the lesson and Jongwoon tried his best to listen but after a few minutes, his eyes drifted sideways and noticed that Kyuhyun was closer than when they started studying that Jongwoon can faintly smell Kyuhyun's cologne. He felt his face warming up and his heartbeat speeding up a bit . He started biting his lower lip trying to calm himself. Kyuhyun noticed the action and thought Jongwoon was having a hard time following his explanation.

 

"Sorry. Was I being too fast?"

 

Jongwoon stopped biting his lower lip, a bit surprised when Kyuhyun suddenly addressed him.

 

 "No", Jongwoon answered a bit louder than appropriate in the library and he immediately quieted down when a student look their way. 

 

"Uhm.. I mean.. uh.. actually can you repeat this one?"

 

Kyuhyun nodded, "Alright."

 

Jongwoon berated himself a bit. Now Kyuhyun would think that he's really slow and weird. They continued their session and Jongwoon admits that Kyuhyun is a good teacher. He was able to explain the lesson clearly to him and it wasn't that hard to follow. Jongwoon thinks everything went well, aside from the part when he suddenly feels self conscious when Kyuhyun looks at him to check if he really understood what the younger was saying

 

"Thank you so much for your help. I hope I'm not being too much of a bother to your studies." Jongwoon said smiling gratefully at Kyuhyun.

 

"It's alright, sunbaenim. No worries." Kyuhyun said with a small smile and that was enough for Jongwoon's resolve of forgetting his crush to go down the drain.

 

"You don't have to be formal with me. You're helping me so much. I won't mind even if you call me hyung. I mean, even your friend Ryeowook calls me hyung." Jongwoon added the last sentence quickly trying not to sound like he's desperate for Kyuhyun to be close with him.

 

Kyuhyun suddenly felt a bit irritated but he quickly shook the feeling off that Jongwoon didn't notice the look. "Okay, Jongwoon hyung."

 

"I'll treat you to some snacks today if you want as thanks for teaching me." 

 

"Actually, Ryeowook is already waiting for me..." Kyuhyun answered reluctantly.

 

"Is that so? That's alright. See you next time." Jongwoon said, his mood going down a bit, remembering what he saw in the clinic.

 

Jongwoon is jealous of Ryeowook, he admits that. But, he can't hate the younger because of it. He could see why Kyuhyun would like his friend. They only know each other for a bit but he finds Ryeowook to be nice, friendly and, cute.

 

Jongwoon got home and took a shower after eating his dinner. He lie down on his bed and the events of the day came flooding his mind.  He could still remember Kyuhyun's serious face, scent, that small smile... He grabbed his pillow and buried his face. Jongwoon should forget about it for now, he still has a bit of reading to do. He grabbed his bag and looked for his literature book.

 

---------

 

Jongwoon arrived at their classroom a lot earlier for their class. His mood is good when he woke up because of the dream he had. He can't recall the face of the other person who appeared in his dream but he remembered the kind tone the other has when talking to him. Although the images were a bit hazy in his mind, he feels the other person looking at him softly like he is someone important. Even until now, Jongwoon can feel the comforting hug that the other person gave him. Those big warm hands. One was holding his waist possessively while the other caress his back...


Jongwoon buried his face into his hands. Maybe being single is getting to him that he dreams of another person like that. Anyway, Jongwoon's mood seems a lot better, it would be good day. That's what he thought but it didn't even last until the end of their class because of what he saw on his way to the snack bar during lunch.


He was just going to buy some drink from the vending machine and he passed by the first year's hallway. He didn't even know how it is possible that he can always spot Kyuhyun. The other was on his chair near the window while Ryeowook was sitting on Kyuhyun's desk. Ryeowook was smiling as he leaned closer to Kyuhyun to whisper something in his ear. The way Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook and the both of them laughed together was enough to dampen his mood for the whole day. Atleast his mood got him to not think about how close Kyuhyun is during their after class tutoring session in the library. Or the accidental touches in his hand whenever Kyuhyun would point something on his paper. His mood was far too down to even be self conscious around Kyuhyun.


Jongwoon and Kyuhyun finished their study session and as usual, Jongwoon thanks Kyuhyun for his help. They just got out of their library when a cheerful voice greeted.

 

"Kyu, Jongwoon hyung." Ryeowook waved at the two of them.

 

"Hi, Ryeowook. " Jongwoon greeted back.

 

"I thought you'd wait for me in the classroom?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"I got bored and I wanted to see Jongwoon hyung." Ryeowook then turned to older. Jongwoon could feel a dark aura beside him. "Hyung, Is Kyuhyun giving you a hard time?"

 

Jongwoon waved his hand and smiled at the younger, "No. He's really helpful." 

 

"What do you even mean by hard time?" Kyuhyun piped in with a frown.

 

"You're really strict and mean when you teach me." Ryeowook complained.

 

"That's because you're too slow."

 

"I'm not. You just like bossing me around."

 

Jongwoon watched the two of them bicker playfully. Kyuhyun's eyes was brighter than when they were alone together. Jongwoon just wants to leave the scene.


"I'll be going now. Bye." Jongwoon spoke and the two bickering friends stopped.

 

Ryeowook looked at him with a smile, "sorry about that. Bye, hyung."

 

"Goodbye." Kyuhyun said before Jongwoon left.

 

------

 

Jongwoon went straight to his bedroom when he got home. He should really forget his crush. He has no chance at all.

 


 

Hi! Thank you so much for your support. I really did receive inspiration from it. I'll do my best in this :D