His smile

All it takes is a smile from you

Cho Kyuhyun. Smart, tall, a bit cold, has a beautiful voice, handsome, even more if he'll smile at me... 


Jongwoon snapped out of his trance when Kyuhyun looked his way. He immediately turned away, his cheeks turning a bit red. He's probably staring for who knows how long that Kyuhyun felt it. He was told that there's a certain count of how long he could stare before the other person notices, but how could Jongwoon remember that when his crush looks so good. Yes. Jongwoon has a crush on Cho Kyuhyun. It was just curiosity at first and maybe a bit of jealousy. Jongwoon is in the student council as the secretary, just because Kim Heechul, the vice president, thought it would be fun to have him there. A week after the start of class, they held a student council meeting and that's where he first saw him. Cho Kyuhyun got the highest mark on the entrance exam and became the first year's representative.

 

---------------


'It's not enough that he's smart. He has to be tall and handsome too' Jongwoon thought jealously when he first saw Kyuhyun. He continued to observe Kyuhyun and over time, he got to know that Kyuhyun is a good singer too. Maybe good is not enough to describe how beautiful Kyuhyun's singing is. Jongwoon's eyes just seemed to follow Kyuhyun and it took a smile from Kyuhyun for Jongwoon to realize that he actually likes the other. 


Jongwoon was just being friendly with Kim Ryeowook, who also happened to be Kyuhyun's friend since elementary, when he saw Kyuhyun frowning at them. Jongwoon didn't understand why Kyuhyun looked annoyed and he brushed it off. But Jongwoon noticed that every time he becomes too friendly with Ryeowook, Kyuhyun would look a little irritated at them. Jongwoon wants to know the reason but he wasn't that close to Kyuhyun. They never even had a proper conversation even though it has been two months and they have weekly student council meeting. Their eyes would meet but Kyuhyun would plainly look at him and turn away.

 

Jongwoon didn't mind it that much. He feels good when he sees Kyuhyun though the reason is unknown to him. That is until Ryeowook had a bit of an accident in PE and Kyuhyun had to bring him in the clinic. Jongwoon was also in the clinic that day because of a stomach ache. He was asleep on the bed with the curtains closed when he heard people talking. He planned to ignore them but he recognized Ryeowook's voice. He was about to open the curtain fully but he heard Kyuhyun's voice and felt self conscious  that he decided against it.

 

"You're really bad at sports, aren't you?" He heard Kyuhyun spoke.

"That was an accident." Ryeowook defended.

"Still doesn't change that you're bad at it." Kyuhyun teased.

"Say what you want. You're still the one who has to take care of me and take me home."

 Jongwoon heard Kyuhyun laugh and he wasn't able to stop himself from peeking. He saw the two of them and notice that Ryeowook has a bandage on his ankle.

"Why should I?" Kyuhyun asked and Ryeowook just glared at him.

"Fine. Fine. I will." Kyuhyun answered defeated but he had a soft smile on his face that Jongwoon only saw for the first time.


Ohh.. Ohhh.. That's why Kyuhyun looks annoyed when he's being friendly with Ryeowook. Kyuhyun likes Ryeowook. Jongwoon felt his chest become tighter with the scene in front of him and that's when it dawned on him... 'I like Kyuhyun'

 

-------------

 

And that's how his love story started and ended. Not that he doesn't like Kyuhyun anymore, he still does. It has only been a week since he realized his feelings for the other and it would probably take time to get over it that's why his face turns red whenever their eyes meet and he became more self conscious when he's around Kyuhyun. Jongwoon knows he already doesn't have a chance. It would be good if he could get over his feelings faster but that's easier said than done especially when Leeteuk, the student council president, asked Kyuhyun to help Jongwoon in Math.


Despite needing help, Jongwoon is not stupid. He's diligent and hardworking when it comes to his studies and was able to be in the top section in his year. It just so happens that he finds his current lessons in Math to be quite difficult and no matter how much he tried to deal with it alone, it still confuses him. He decided to ask Leeteuk for help but his hyung is busy because of the student council but promised to help Jongwoon as much as he can. 


Then one day, Leeteuk told him he's going to ask someone to help him with his lessons. Out of all people, he  didn't expect Leeteuk to ask Kyuhyun. That doesn't make much sense. He expected the other person to be in Jungsoo's year or atleast someone in his year but not Kyuhyun who is a year below him. Apparently, Kyuhyun is really good in Math and despite being younger, his math is more advance compared to anyone in the school, courtesy of his father who's a Mathematics professor. Jongwoon could not comprehend why the universe seems to be against him. Okay, that's too dramatic but Kyuhyun already finds him annoying because of his closeness with Ryeowook and now 'stupid' will be added to the list and Heechul hyung specifically told him not to decline because according to him, he will be wasting Leeteuk's effort.

 

Great. Is there anyway that he could just magically disappear?