It's a festival (Part 1)

All it takes is a smile from you

It has been two weeks since Jongwoon received the origami but he still could not figure it out. He has been feeling a little disappointed because of it and definitely not because they have been so busy that he hasn't been able to see Kyuhyun since the festival started. It's already the last day but there's still no sign of Kyuhyun.


He sighed as he make his way to their classroom which has now become a cozy cafe, courtesy of Jongwoon's styling, when his classmate suddenly pulled him.


"Jongwoon!" Tiffany greeted with a wide grin. He also saw the other girls, who were all wearing maid outfits, looking at him with similar expressions that he could feel a bit nervous.


"So..." Tiffany started, "Since this is the last day we want to make it more fun and interesting."


"We took a vote on who should do it and we decided that it would fit you the most." Sunny piped in.


"What is it?" Jongwoon began to feel confused and a little scared with the girls' devious smiles.


The girls giggled while Sunny pushed him in the makeshift stockroom and hand him some clothes.


"Change into that, or we won't let you out." Sunny threatened him.


"Why do I have to wear this?" Jongwoon whined through the door.


"Because you're too clumsy to help around here and we need someone cute to get attention for our cafe." Tiffany answered.


"You girls are all cute." Jongwoon tried to appeal to them but they all tried to sound disappointed with Jongwoon's unwillingness that the Jongwoon just gave up.


"Don't laugh." Jongwoon said shyly as he went out of the door.


"You're so pretty, Jongwoon." The girls all look pleased and satisfied as they saw Jongwoon wearing the frilly black and white maid outfit that reaches just above his knee.


Jongwoon pouted at them, "You're making fun of me."


"We're not!" 


 "Let me just put this on you." Tiffany said as she went closer to put a white headband on Jongwoon's black hair and a black ribbon on Jongwoon's neck.


"Go and look pretty outside! Fighting!" The girls cheered on him.


-------


Jongwoon felt extremely embarrassed as he stand outside their classroom and he feels everyone's eyes on him. There has been so many people who approached him and he wanted to runaway so bad but the girls will probably be sad if he does. Jongwoon decided to play along, acting cute and trying to make more people check out their cafe.


He was doing fine until lunch came and he heard a very familiar voice.


"Oh- isn't that Jongwoon hyung?" 


Jongwoon heard Ryeowook's high pitched voice and he saw the other pointing at him. He saw Kyuhyun standing beside Ryeowook and Jongwoon can feel his cheeks burn with embarrassment with the way he looks at the moment.


Ryeowook approached him with an awed expression, "You look so pretty, hyung!"


Jongwoon shyly muttered a 'thank you' while he tries so hard not to meet Kyuhyun's eyes.


Kyuhyun is still not saying anything. He was still shocked with Jongwoon's appearance and his brain is currently trying to process everything. Jongwoon's dress barely covers his knees and Kyuhyun can clearly see Jongwoon's flawless legs. Jongwoon's waist looks so thin that Kyuhyun can put his arm around it and Kyuhyun can only swallow as he saw the ribbon adorning Jongwoon's neck. Just like what his friend says, Jongwoon looks so pretty. Kyuhyun noticed those slightly pink cheeks and corrected himself. Jongwoon isn't just pretty, he's absolutely beautiful.


Kyuhyun kept staring at Jongwoon and only came back to his senses when Ryeowook spoke to him to tell him that he will be going somewhere for a while, leaving Kyuhyun with Jongwoon.


Kyuhyun was about to speak but he was interrupted by a deep voice


"Jongwoon hyung?" A tall guy that Kyuhyun haven't seen before, asked.


"Chanyeol!" Jongwoon exclaimed with wide eyes.


"You look so pretty." Chanyeol approached him with a wide grin,  "Will you be my girlfriend for today and show me around the school?" He added with a wink as he took Jongwoon's hand in his.


Kyuhyun's aura darkened and he wanted to smack the guy on the head so bad, especially when Jongwoon playfully tapped the other's arm to stop the other's teasing. It only annoyed Kyuhyun more.


"Stop teasing me. I'm still older than you." Jongwoon lightly scolded.


Chanyeol only laughed but then he felt someone's eyes on him and he saw Kyuhyun glaring so hard at him. Chanyeol's eyes went back to Jongwoon then to Kyuhyun a few times but everytime his eyes goes back to Kyuhyun, the glare seems to get more intense.


"I'll be going then, hyung. I'll check out my friends booth. Bye." Chanyeol hurriedly said.


Jongwoon looked a little puzzled with the way Chanyeol ran away, looking a little scared but he didn't have time to think about the reaction as he remembered that Kyuhyun is standing near him.


"Hey.." Jongwoon awkwardly greeted. The blush immediately went back to his face and he couldn't look Kyuhyun in the eyes.


Kyuhyun cleared his throat, trying to compose himself. "Hi hyung. Have you eaten lunch yet?"


"Not yet. I've been standing here since morning."


"In that case, let's eat together?" Kyuhyun suggested.


Jongwoon could not believe what he just heard. Kyuhyun just asked him to eat. Kyuhyun. His crush whom he could only look at before, is now asking him to lunch. His crush whom he spent days wondering how he could get closer to. 


Lunch. With Kyuhyun. Asked by Kyuhyun himself. 


Jongwoon would have screamed in happiness if he was alone in his own room. but then Jongwoon remembered what he's wearing and he almost panicked.


"O-okay. But can you wait while I change my clothes?" Jongwoon shyly asked. He didn't really want to make Kyuhyun wait. What if Kyuhyun suddenly changes his mind while waiting?


Jongwoon's worry eased a little when Kyuhyun smiled at him, "Okay. I'll wait for you while you change."


"What change?" A girly voice suddenly shouted. Sunny pouted at Jongwoon, "You can't change."


"I'm just going to have lunch. I promise I'll wear it again when I get back" Jongwoon reasoned.


"You're suppose to promote our booth. It's better if you wander around wearing that. Besides, what are you embarrassed about? You look cute." Sunny then turned to Kyuhyun, "Right? He's looks cute?"


Kyuhyun's ears turned a bit red and shyly looked at Jongwoon, "Yes. He looks cute."


Sunny wore a satisfied smile and turned to Jongwoon, "See? Even your boyfriend agrees. You can go now. Just get back after lunch." Sunny pushed them by their backs.


The two of them immediately turned red at Sunny's comment and Jongwoon wanted to correct it, "He's not-" but the girl already went inside the classroom.


"So..." Kyuhyun started, "Let's go?"


------


The two of them walked around the school grounds where most of the food stalls are stationed. Jongwoon can feel eyes on him and he started to feel extremely shy and self conscious that he didn't even notice Kyuhyun, moving closer to him and throwing dirty looks on the guys whose eyes lingered a little too long.


"Will it help if I let you borrow my school blazer?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked Jongwoon.


"Huh? No.... it's alright."


"Nevermind. Just use it." Kyuhyun said as he removed his blazer and put on Jongwoon's shoulder.


"It's alright, really!" Jongwoon insisted as his face turn red.


"I really don't mind. It might help you be more comfortable walking around."


"O-okay." Jongwoon gave up and wore the blazer properly. A small smile that went unnoticed by Kyuhyun made it's way to his face as he smelled Kyuhyun's scent coming from the uniform. It feels like Kyuhyun is hugging him and Jongwoon wanted to pinch himself to make sure that he isn't dreaming.