Dangerously close?

All it takes is a smile from you

Jongwoon can't believe it. He's actually in his crush's bedroom. He has a quiz coming up but the library is closed. There was something about the librarian having an emergency to take care of that it losed earlier than it should. They also don't know any available space where they can study and then, Kyuhyun suggested their home. Jongwoon declined since he doesn't want to trouble Kyuhyun so much and he's sure that the younger needs time to study as well. Kyuhyun insisted that it's alright and...here he is.


 There's a tatami table with two cushions beside the bed that Kyuhyun just arranged so there will be space for the two of them. Jongwoon didn't think he'll be able to focus. How can anyone if they suddenly found themselves alone with their crush in their bedroom? But Kyuhyun proved to be a good study buddy. Well, more of a teacher actually. Anyway, Kyuhyun was so focused when studying that it rubbed off on Jongwoon. They settled in a comfortable silence with the occasional questions by Jongwoon. They managed to study a good amount of lessons when Kyuhyun was called by his mom. 

 

Jongwoon was left alone in the bedroom. Kyuhyun was taking his time outside while Jongwoon started to feel a bit tired. He closed his notebook and rested his eyes for a bit. He then let his eyes wander around Kyuhyun's room when his eyes landed on the bed.


There's still no sign of Kyuhyun. Would it be okay to indulge himself a bit? It won't take long. Just a for a while. Jongwoon promised to himself as he wasn't able to fight off the temptation. He climbed on Kyuhyun's bed and  lie down. Everything smells like Kyuhyun. He should go back to the table before Kyuhyun goes back but Kyuhyun's lingering scent soothes his tired mind and he fell asleep. That's how Kyuhyun saw him when he came back. Sleeping while hugging one of Kyuhyun's pillow.


Kyuhyun placed the slices of cakes that his mom gave him as snacks for them before going to his bed to wake Jongwoon up and probably give him a bit of scolding. He wasn't really annoyed which is a surprise because normally, he would get irritated when people go to his bed, except for his family and Ryeowook. Although he's not mad, he feels like he should still tell Jongwoon not to go around sleeping on other people's bed. The words he was supposed to say seemed to die down when he came closer to Jongwoon.


Kyuhyun didn't know how he missed it when they were always close during their study session in the library. He probably wasn't looking properly because he just noticed that Jongwoon is actually really good looking. Well, he did think that Jongwoon was cute when he cried in the playground and Ryeowook already told him how handsome Jongwoon is, but he didn't pay attention because he thought Ryeowook liked Jongwoon that way. Looking at him now,  Kyuhyun realized how beautiful he is. He didn't know what came over him but his thumb gently caressed Jongwoon's pretty lips and wondered if it tastes as good as it looks.


'Ring..ring..ring'


He was brought back into reality when he heard his phone and immediately ran out of the room to answer the call, slamming the bedroom door in the process.


"Hello." Kyuhyun answered through the phone.


「Hey kyu. Can I borrow your notes tomorrow?」Ryeowook asked through the line


"Huh? Okay... Sure." Kyuhyun answered, his heart beating fast.


「Thanks. Why do you sound like you ran a marathon?」


"I don't.. I was just.." Kyuhyun answered. He's heartbeat still hasn't calmed down and he seems out of breath just like Ryeowook said.


「Omo. Don't tell me you just finish doing that? You !」


"What? No! Don't....I'll talk to you later. Bye."


Kyuhyun ended the call then buried his face into his hands. What was he doing earlier? What was he thinking? His whole face burns red at what he did, even his ears. He should calm down first before he goes back in his room. So Jongwoon is attractive, but that doesn't mean Kyuhyun should touch him. It wasn't even the first time Kyuhyun saw someone attractive. 


But they're not as pretty as Jongwoon. His mind supplied. Kyuhyun groaned at the thought. Where did that come from?


Kyuhyun eventually went back to his room after ten minutes of calming himself. Jongwoon was already awake, sitting on the cushion. Jongwoon was awoken by the sound of the door being slammed and he has a hunch that Kyuhyun saw him sleeping on the bed. There was an awkward silence, both of them still a bit embarrassed of what they did, although Jongwoon has no idea of what Kyuhyun did while he was sleeping.


Jongwoon was the first to speak, he thinks it's better to apologize since Kyuhyun most likely knows already. 


"Uhh.. Sorry about.. the bed." 


From all kinds of reactions Jongwoon expected from Kyuhyun, he didn't expect flustered to be one of them.


"That? Oh no.. it's.. uh.. it's alright." Kyuhyun stammered. Talking about it just made him remember how he acted like a ert. He quickly changed the subject.


"It's getting darker outside. Let's just eat the cakes that my mom gave then call it a day."


Jongwoon was actually wondering about those cakes since he's already hungry. They eat their share quietly, the events of the day still embarrassed them. Kyuhyun glanced at Jongwoon but that was a huge mistake on his part. Kyuhyun happened to see Jongwoon's tongue dart out to the cream on his lips. Kyuhyun had to look away quickly because he's an INNOCENT teenage boy and the image was too much for his INNOCENT mind to take.


Kyuhyun walked Jongwoon to the station afterwards then immediately went home. He should call Ryeowook back but, maybe he should take a quick shower first.