Before the storm

You and I as songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With every strike of lightning comes a memory that lasts and not a word is left unspoken. As the thunder starts to crash maybe I should give up.

Before the Storm - Jonas Brothers

...

Seungwan had the biggest pout, together with puppy eyes while staring at her.

 

For someone who claimed to hate aegyo, she surely knew how to use it when it was favorable to her.

 

Don’t you have some lotion for it? Better! Give me a prescription and I will buy it at the pharmacy across the street. - the woman asked in a whiny tone of voice.

 

Joohyun sighed, staring at the younger woman, slowly losing her patience.

 

You know that this is not how things work. - Joohyun replied.

 

Why not!? It’s just a rash… you don’t need to look at it. - the other woman insisted.

 

Joohyun sighed again.

 

They had been at that same argument for half an hour now.

 

She had just got home from her hospital shift when Seungwan started to follow her around, nagging because she wanted a medicine, anything that could save her from a skin rash.The thing was that the younger woman refused to let her take a look at it because apparently the rash was in a very private place… her to be specific.

 

I just told you that this is not how things work, Seungwan. 

 

She needed to see it in order to do a proper diagnosis. 

 

Aren’t you a surgeon resident?? I mean… you’re not a dermatologist or anything. - Seungwan commented, dubious, trying once again to run away from the possibility of having to show her to her unnie.

 

She just needed a lotion or ointment for it, she didn’t understand why Joohyun kept insisting on seeing it. 

 

Deciding to take action on her own hand, she started to rummage through Joohyun’s dressing table, analysing all her cosmetic products in search for something that could help her get rid of that damn rash.

 

Joohyun’s expression darkened hearing the young woman’s comment, but Seungwan was too busy rummaging through her stuff to notice.

 

Joohyun snorted, annoyed.

 

Years in that medical school, plus my intern and now residence experience and I am still not able to treat a simple skin rash, is that what you’re implying, Son Seungwan? 

 

Bae Joohyun, Irene.

 

Hard worker surgeon resident in the neurologist department of a big hospital in Seoul, and a proud and competitive woman.  

 

Wendy’s busy hand stopped midair hearing Joohyun’s tone of voice. 

 

Years of being Joohyun’s friend had trained her well, because just that was enough to let her know that she was screwed. She carefully turned around toward the young doctor seated by the bed and noticed her cold expression staring at her. 

 

Seungwan chuckled nervously.

 

That was not what I was saying, Unnie! Please don’t understand me wrong, I mean of course you are more than capable of threatening a skin rash!! - she said, once again chuckling nervously. - I was just trying to save your time, you know? Since you just got home and you probably worked very hard today… you know, with all those complex surgeries and stuff… - The woman started to ramble non stop, getting more nervous as the minutes passed because she could see that Joohyun’s expression was even more impassive than before and even a little angry. 

 

Just shut your mouth and pull down your pants, Son Seungwan. - Joohyun ranted, losing her patience for real.

 

Wha!? Yah… 

 

Yah? 

 

Joohyun was now glaring at her.

 

Seungwan gulped.

 

Unnieee… - she whined, stomping her feet on the floor. 

 

It’s not like I’ve never seen it before, there is no reason to be shy. - Joohyun replied, trying to console the whiny girl.

 

And it always releases the worst of you! - Seungwan accused, throwing a dirty look at her.

 

What? Yah! 

 

We both know that you are not very trustable in this subject especifically, unnie. - Seungwan pointed.

 

As a doctor, it was expected of her to be interested in the body’s anatomy, no? Was that a big deal? She liked to look… to touch, sometimes squish it... but right now that wasn’t important, she was just trying to help and had the best intentions.

 

Being nice had done nothing but making Seungwan question her repeatedly, so perhaps it was time to be bad.

 

Fine, don’t show it to me, but can you handle it if it's not just a rash but a furuncle, instead? You said it was hurting a lot.

 

Seungwan gasped and her expression became frightened, it was almost comical. Her eyes grew impossibly big, shining in fear and formed a perfect “o”.

 

Joohyun suppressed a chuckle. 

 

It’s not!! - the younger woman replied loudly and fast. Her arms flying around in a temptative of convincing her.

 

Are you sure? - Joohyun mumbled with a knowing look, successfully planting the doubt on Seungwan’s scared mind.

 

That wouldn’t do.

 

No way!!

 

The younger woman didn’t waste any more time, immediately turning around, opening the button of her pants and pulling it down her legs harshly, not wanting to have that doubt in her mind for a second longer.

 

Joohyun smirked, satisfied for successfully convincing Seungwan and then proceeded to put on her glasses so she could take a good look at her but-...skin rash.

 

Seungwan’s cheeks were painted in pink and she was trying really hard to maintain her composure but it was hard, especially when she felt Joohyun’s cold fingers touching her skin so lightly and carefully.

 

She had to suppress a gasp and the urge to pull her pants back up.

 

Well? - Seungwan mumbled, wanting to hear the verdict as fast as possible.

 

It looks more like a mosquito bite than an actual skin rash. - the older woman analysed.

 

Seungwan snorted, outraged.

 

Excuse me? This damn thing hurt so much that I could barely work! You know that I spend the entire day seated behind a desk, right? - she defended herself.

 

Son Seungwan, Wendy.

 

Young prodigy lawyer, known for her professionalism and by rarely losing a case, second daughter of an influential family and she was also a big whiny baby by nature.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter