Opus 01 - Making love out of nothing at all

You and I as songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third movement: Making Love out of nothing at all by air suply.

"Everytime I see you all the rays of the sun are streaming through the waves in your hair and every star in the sky is taking aim at your eyes like a spotlight. The beating of my heart is a drum, and it's lost and it's looking for a rhythm like you. You can take the darkness at the pit of the night and turn into a beacon burning endlessly bright. I've gotta follow it 'cause everything I know, well, it's nothing 'til I give it to you."

 

A/N: Yeah, I am into 80's songs these days. haha

...

Recovering from the torpor that her encounter with Seungwan had left her, Joohyun walked fast through the corridors of the hospital until she reached the room she was looking for. She opened the door abruptly, not even caring to knock first, and found, as expected, the person she was looking for.

 

Park Sooyoung. - Joohyun hissed.

 

The woman was laid in the bed of the oncall room, wearing a sleep mask full of little yellow chicks. 

 

Unnie. - she said.

 

A small smile appeared on her lips, like she was expecting that visit. She didn’t take off the sleep mask, though.

 

Joohyun just stood there in a passive aggressive silence, her body emanating hostility, but that didn’t affect Sooyoung at all, on the contrary, she was sure that the woman had fallen asleep, not minding her presence there.

 

Joohyun sighed, annoyed. 

 

She really didn’t want to involve the girls in her situation with Seungwan, she was holding on to a very small possibility of being able to fix everything and perhaps keep being friends with them just like in the past, but it was just a stupid dream, right? They were all involved in it, she could tell, and eventually she would lose them too.

 

Stay out of this mess, Park Sooyoung.

 

She talks. - Sooyoung muttered, her sly smile on.

 

I am serious. - Joohyun said.

 

Her tone of voice was not the one her unnie usually spoke, it was serious and threatening. She knew that Joohyun wasn’t playing.

 

Sooyoung sighed then took away her sleep mask.

 

Tell the girls to stay away too. - Joohyun complemented. 

 

She then turned around and held on to the door handle, ready to leave.

 

We care.

 

That’s why I am asking you and them to stay away.

 

That makes no sense!

 

Park Sooyoung, would you listen to me at least once? - Joohyun hissed, turning toward the woman in the bed.

 

Her voice was just a whisper, she was pleading. Her entire face was contorted and she seemed on the verge of a breakdown.

 

Sooyoung shut .

 

This will ruin you guys. Please, just listen and obey.

 

Sooyoung couldn’t help but to notice that she didn’t include herself in that phrase.

 

What about you?

 

Joohyun didn’t say a thing.

 

Is it ok for you to continue to live in this ruined city? - she asked, because she really wanted to know the answer.

 

Joohyun shrugged and then brushed her hair with her fingers, scratching her scalp, a clear signal of uncontrol.

 

Don’t worry about it.

 

Yeah, I forgot, you are used to it.

 

Her unnie didn’t try to deny.

 

Since day one you have learned how this couldn’t work. You trained, you faked and you mastered the ability to pretend, since it was impossible anyway. You don’t know how to leave this ruined city, do you? 

 

I don’t think it’s a ruined city, I think it’s a reality city.

 

Please, what is happening now is everything you ever wanted, but still you rather let it go, than to give an actual chance. You don’t know how! Since this ruins your beautiful plan of dying alone with you one sided love. 

 

Joohyun stared at her outraged.

 

Yah!

 

This involves actual actions, this is real life. So far you lived your sad love story only in your mind, but when you have the chance to actually live it you run away!

 

Park Sooyoung I am no longer nineteen. I am no longer a teenager letting myself get ruined just for the sake of love! - Joohyun shouted.

 

WTF? Who cares about your age, who cares if you are no longer a teenager? Woman, just do what you want once in your damn life!! - Sooyoung raged loudly.

 

It startled Joohyun.

 

I am sorry, but stop being so virtuous and do some crazy stuff with the girl you have been loving for so long.

 

Joohyun snorted.

 

As expected, that was Park Sooyoung.

 

Joohyun sighed hard, thinking. As if things were that easy.

 

So what do I do with the doubt? - she asked. She really wanted to know how to deal with that, she didn’t know how.

 

Joohyun didn’t mean for her voice to sound so broken like that, but guess there was no way to help it.

 

Sooyoung stared at her alarmed, also noticing the change in her voice.

 

I am not supposed to blame her for all these years that she acted clueless, for all the suffering, the crying, so I don’t! I swear, but I also can’t forget it. Her sudden change of behavior is not new, her sudden change of mind is not new either, she did it all that night and later came back to apologise for it. Forgive me for not being so thrilled now, I have watched this movie already. 

 

Sooyoung sighed.

 

So far she didn’t give you many reasons to believe in her. - she said.

 

I know her, I know. - Joohyun said and she sounded annoyed because of it. - I know her… and I-I can’t live with these doubts, the expectation that something that I might do will make her turn her back on me and leave. I am terrified of being right again, of hearing her say sorry to me again, I don’t want to be hurt again! - Joohyun said, honestly.

 

Sooyoung nodded understanding.

 

As expected, her unnie was scared.

 

That’s why I said I am not nineteen anymore… nineteen years old Joohyun would have accepted her with open arms no matter what, but I am too old for this now, I need more than a few promises and bold words.

 

Sooyoung analysed her words.

 

For that you need to stop pushing her away.

 

I am not.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

You are! Give her an actual chance to prove herself, test if she is sincere… see it with your own eyes and decide if she deserves a second chance.

 

That was not a good idea.

 

Park Sooyoun…

 

I told her to seduce you.

 

Joohyun choked. 

 

WHA…

 

Sooyoung shrugged. 

 

You’re welcome. - Sooyoung said, unapologetic. 

 

What the hell? - Joohyun hissed. 

 

And you know what? She said she will try. She is doing her best and you are not taking her seriously. This is a stalemate. You guys have reached a phase where a decision has to be made. She made a mistake, she is a confused little creature and took a long way to get here, but the thing is: she got here, finally! She is stating her ground, she is being persistent despite your rejection. You said you would give her a chance! Give her one. - Sooyoung preached, defending her friend. 

 

Joohyun knew she was right. 

 

She knew she had said ok to Seungwan’s advances, but she also didn’t expect her to last this long, actually. Her persistence, her words and actions… Joohyun was really amused, but still as scared as before.

 

The truth was that she didn’t know how to trust her.

 

The chance is not just for her, it's for you too, you know. Allow yourself to feel what you have only suppressed so far… just let go for a minute, aren’t you tired of trying so hard? There is no way to know for sure what happens next, but at least you'll have tried. 

 

Joohyun opened , ready to say something.

 

You were hurt because you risked. This is how things are supposed to be, unnie. She is not perfect like in the fairytale you created, she is a person. People hurt us, especially those we love! But we survive, and continue to live… right now you are the one hurting her, see how things change?

 

Joohyun gasped.

 

Me, hurting her? - Joohyun asked, not understanding it.

 

Sooyoung sighed.

 

Do you think your refusals don't hurt her? Especially her very shaken confidence?

 

Joohyun gulped.

 

She didn't want to hurt Seungwan.

 

Put yourself in her shoes, you said you know her so you must know how hard it was for her to reach this stage. Yeah, we know she overreacts, that she thinks too much and is terrified of doing something wrong and failing, but how come she is enduring this so well? She is putting her best smile on her face, knowing that most of her advances are not being taken seriously, up and following you around. I am not asking you to forget anything, I am asking you to consider her as your equal, consider her intentions and give her an actual chance.

 

Trust in Park Sooyoung to touch a nerve. 

 

Joohyun sighed, annoyed.

 

Silence took hold of the room while her mind worked.

 

I... I will see what I can do. - she shuttered after a few minutes.

 

Sooyoung wasn’t totally pleased with her answer, but she knew it was not a good idea to push more since it was something that had to be sincere and they both had to figure it out together.

 

They stayed in silence for a few more seconds and then something came to Joohyun.

 

But what does this have to do with seduction, Park Sooyoung? - she had to ask.

 

Sooyoung smiled slyly, as expected.

 

Well, while you think about what you really want, while you make a decision of whereas to go forward or to tell her to stop for real, you might as well have some fun once.

 

Joohyun let out a snort. 

 

Are you for real? - Joohyun asked, not believing that person was for real.

 

Sooyoung shrugged once again.

 

They stared at each other and both ended up laughing. 

 

You are welcome. - Sooyoung said again. - I wish I could see what she will come up with. 

 

Joohyun smiled a little.

 

Seungwan on her mind. 

 

She will do well. - Joohyun commented, nodding to herself. 

 

She was sure.

 

Seungwan was the most determined person when a task was given to her.

 

Perhaps it can change things between you guys? - Sooyoung asked, trying to confirm if her guess would be a right guess. 

 

Will her seduction game change our situation now? - Joohyun complemented.

 

Uhum?

 

I don’t think so, but it will be cute to see her try. - Joohyun just said.

 

Sooyoung sighed. 

 

Why not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter