Opus 01 - Monster in me

You and I as songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second Movement: Monster in me by Little Mix

 

Beautiful creatures, you and me, every time that we touch, it's dangerous, this spark is more than chemistry. Beautiful liars, drowning deep,  every night we fight and it's hot like hell, but it feels like heaven between the sheets. Every time we let go I scream and I call for more. Touch me, why don't we kill each other slowly? What can I say? Baby, what can I do? The monster in me loves the monster in you.

 

Seungwan was going crazy, she didn’t actually have the confidence to seduce a fly, but she was willing to study hard and try her best. Her mind was already formulating thousands of ways she could learn and master it somehow.

 

Suddenly she felt a cold shiver in her spine. It was like her sixth sense was telling her that she was in great danger.

 

Something compelled her to take her eyes away from Sooyoung, who kept pinching her cheeks while cooing like she was talking with a baby, and let her eyes wander around the cafeteria, that was when she saw it, the source of the shiver in her spine.

 

Bae Joohyun.

 

The woman was there, in the cafeteria standing by the door staring straight at her like a hawk.

 

She was dressed in her usual baby blue scrubs, hospital gown, rounded glasses and a ponytail. She had her eyes fixed on her, while talking with someone Seungwan wasn't able to see due to the amount of people in the cafeteria, but something in her mind was telling her that she already knew who it was… and as expected she was right.

 

That guy again... Junmyeon was the person. He was also wearing baby blue scrubs, hospital gown and glasses. Her similarities with him, somehow, made Seungwan angry.

 

Their eyes were fixed on each other for a few seconds in a stare contest and Seungwan could tell that Joohyun wasn’t pleased, well, she wasn't pleased either seeing that man around her AGAIN, so welcome to the club, Ms Bae Joohyun! 

 

She continued to observe her and saw how Joohyun said something to Junmyeon and then started to approach their table. 

 

I thought she didn’t have lunch in the cafeteria? - Seungwan said, watching Joohyun come toward them, darkly, followed by him once again.

 

Sooyoung stared at her unnie, seeing her come toward them. She noticed how her steps were harder, her eyes cold and fierce… she figured it all in seconds, her attitude. It was because still had her hands on Seungwan’s cheeks, right? She was sure.

 

A sly smile was already plastered on her face.

 

It was time to tease.

 

She didn’t, but now she does… I have been seeing her have lunch with Junmyeon oppa very often. - Sooyoung made sure to comment.

 

Seungwan’s mouth was suddenly filled with a bitter taste.

 

Is that so? - she asked. Her eyes fixed on Joohyun.

 

Yes.

 

.

 

As if things weren’t already difficult for her, she still had to deal with that man following Joohyun around. What the actual hell. 

 

You asked me how to seduce her. - Sooyoung said, her eyes still watching Joohyun walking toward them.

 

Yeah? - Seungwan replied, hope clear in her voice.

 

Sooyoung got closer and then whispered in her ear.

 

Start with words. - she said.

 

Sooyoung noticed how Joohyun’s eyes narrowed, seeing her whisper on Seungwan’s ear and how she walked faster toward them. 

 

She smiled.

 

Win the game unnie, change her mind. 

 

Seungwan stared at Sooyoung and there it was again, her vulnerable look.

 

It's ok to not be confident, you can be vulnerable and honest with her, I am sure this can break some walls she built too, but don't give up before trying your best. 

 

Seungwan nodded, still unsure, but not giving up. 

 

Got it. - she said.

 

And right on cue Joohyun got to their table.

 

Oh, hello, unnie! Oppa! - Sooyoung warmly greeted them. 

 

Hello, Sooyoung-ah! - Junmyeon replied, smiling.

 

I thought you were home today. - Joohyun, coldly, said.

 

I received an emergency call about one of my kids. - Sooyoung just said, not minding her tone of voice. 

 

I hope everything is ok, now? - Junmyeon asked, worried.

 

Yeah, I got here on time. - Sooyoung said.

 

Both didn’t notice the stare contest that was happening between Joohyun and Seungwan.

 

Seungwan wanted to ask what the Joohyun was doing, letting that man follow her around like a abandoned puppy, knowing pretty well that the entire hospital was gossiping about them, damn, even her knew about the gossip! But here she was giving them more things to talk about.

 

Meanwhile Joohyun wanted to know what she was doing there, in the middle of the day, talking animatedly and confiding things with Park Sooyoung like high school girls, when she was supposed to be working at that time like a normal person. She wanted to know the subject of the conversation, why was Sooyoung whispering in her ear? Why was she touching her cheeks??

 

Don’t you work anymore, Son Seungwan? - Joohyun asked, her voice was deeply annoyed.

 

Seungwan snorted, also annoyed.

 

Yeah, I don't work anymore! My work is you… my work is figuring out you!! She wanted to rant.

 

Sooyoung could feel the tension between them and decided to interfere.

 

She is here for lunch. - Sooyoung replied for her.

 

Seungwan watched how Joohyun’s eyes hardened, and her face contorted in disappointment and annoyance.

 

She could tell that Joohyun had understood it wrong, by her posture it was clear that Joohyun thought she was there to have lunch with Sooyoung.

 

Seungwan sighed, not being able to keep up with her act. She could never see that disappointed face and don't be affected by it, she had no intention in making her sad.

 

With you. - she complemented Sooyoung's words. - I cooked for you. - she said and then smiled brightly toward Joohyun, showing the bento box she was keeping on her lap.

 

And as expected, once again Joohyun was speechless. 

 

She wasn’t expecting to see her there so soon.

 

In fact, Seungwan had been doing her best work in surprising Joohyun at every possible hour. 

 

For instance, that morning when she woke up and saw that it was snowing her mind immediately went to: how am I going to drive myself in this weather? She wasn’t confident in driving in the snow, so she, reluctantly, had to accept her fate and was going to take a cab…

 

But she didn’t need to.

 

Because as soon as she opened her door Seungwan was already there, leaning against the opposite wall, jingling her car keys in a confident manner. 

 

Good morning, Ms Bae, I will drive you on this snowy morning. - she just said, looking cool in her red sweater and black leather jacket. 

 

Joohyun thought really hard about an excuse, a way to dismiss her but… it was really hard to do so when Seungwan was smiling so smugly toward her, acting like she was a rock star, all cool and stuff but Joohyun knew better. 

 

A puppy acting cool… 

 

Her lips twitched in quick smile that she had no power to contain, since she liked that stupid woman so much and everything she did was amusing to her.

 

Sure. - she replied, sounding nonchalant.

 

She stayed silent during the whole ride, just keeping her eyes closed while listening to Seungwan humming a tune from the radio. It was therapeutic to hear her sing, she loved her voice so much. She was so into it that she didn’t even notice that Seungwan had stopped the car in the hospital parking lot, she also didn’t see the woman staring at her with lovingly eyes while continuing humming the song from the radio.

 

"Someday when we're old and grey and sifting through our yesterdays we'll pull that favorite memory from its sleeve and play that song of you and me".

 

Only when the song was over Joohyun came back to her senses, opening her eyes and founding Seungwan there, by her side just staring at her with those warm eyes of hers. She looked around, startled, realising that she was already at the hospital.

 

Thank you. - Joohyun had said, busing herself with her bag, organizing her things. 

 

You’re welcome. - Seungwan whispered. Her voice was honey, and Joohyun could tell that she was too close... again.

 

It was wiseable not to look up at her, Joohyun thought. Her hand found the door handle and she was ready to leave.

 

I will come to pick you up. - Seungwan said, trying to prolong the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter