Part 8

Some

The table for seven people is full of actors and two managers talking loudly with excitement as they suggest what menu to choose. Boun, one of the regular customers, promotes a few menus that he loves. They end up ordering all the suggested food plus extra dishes from everyone's favourite.

Throughout their conversation, while waiting for the food to arrive, Fluke has unconsciously shifted slightly closer to Ohm since they sit beside each other. Kao, however, sits at Fluke's other side.

Honestly, he is not in the mood to talk at all.

Kao's mind is blank and all he can do is pretending to scroll his social media while trying his best to eavesdrop the two actors' conversation. Though their voice is drowned by the sound of the others, the older man can still hear the two youngsters clearly.

"It does look pretty on you. You look beautiful."

Ohm speaks gently trying wanting Fluke the only one to hear. Unfortunately, Boun seems to have a sharp hearing as he also hears it. His smile turns from friendly to teasing real quick with his eyes focusing on Ohm and Fluke before saying his opinion out loud for the whole table to hear.

"Right? Fluke looks amazing today. The earrings really enhance his beauty."

The booming voice makes Fluke's red face becomes redder. Everyone turns their attention to him and Note seems proud since he is the one that persuades Fluke to wears it when the young man hesitate.

Ohm's lips curve into a bright grin making his dimple deepen. He rests his elbow on the table before resting his chin on his hand. He then tilts his head to look at Fluke, admiring the man that has captures his attention since day one.

"I am glad that I get it for you. Everyone loves it."

The confession makes Prem chokes on his drink, not expecting the gift comes from Ohm instead of Kao. Boun quickly pats his back to calm the younger male when he does not stop coughing. Fluke distracts himself by laughing softly when he sees the reaction from Prem. The chubby cheeks have turned as red as his, making him less embarrassed as everyone rather have their eyes on the youngest actor.

"I thought Kao is the one who gave that. No wonder he looks confused."

Prem replies hoarsely after his cough subsided. The mentioned actor unclenches his hold over his phone when he hears his name being brought up out of the blue in the midst of his head going haywire. He looks up with a blank expression that speaks thousand of unpleasant words making the atmosphere tense. Before he can utter any response, Fluke interrupts.

"How can he gives it when his gift is treating me dinner with Earth the other day. Did you forget? I will feel bad if he needs to spend more."

All of them nods their head slowly to show their acknowledgement without anymore question to avoid prolonging the sour situation. Kao, however, suddenly sighs out loud and stands up, making everyone frigid on their seat as their eyes glance at him.

Kao cannot hold it anymore. He needs to talk to Fluke to resolve everything between them. He grabs Fluke's forearm with a bit of force making him stands up as well. Without a word, the petite male is dragged out of the restaurant without his consent, leaving the people on the table to gasps and worried.

"W-we will be back. Please, enjoy the food first."

Fluke informs with hesitation making Ohm more worried since he can see how Kao is having a dark aura surrounding him that even Earth does not dare to interrupt. Right after the two get out of the place, he stands up and goes after them. No one dares to stop the tall actor, knowing it's their problem to solve. They can only pray for everything to work and does not affect the series.

"What just happened?"

Boun asks out loud once the quietness gets to him. The others can only give him the same questionable expression that lace with curiosity and concern. News and Note look at each other and can shake their head over the sudden drama. These youngsters can be a hassle and dramatic. A thought of acting suits them as a profession passes by their head.

 

 

--

 

 

"P'Kao, slow down!"

The younger voices out as he is tired of trying to match their steps when the older male has longer legs than him. Kao only grips harder and ignores the plead, letting his emotion clouded his vision and surrounding. all he can feel is the crack that keeps getting worse as the reality dawn upon him.

"P'Kao! You are hurting me!"

Fluke tries again with a louder voice that lace with anger. He starts to get irritated since he does not like it when people treat him like a puppet, dragging him anywhere they please without informing him anything. His mind supplies a thought of how if the older actor wants to talk, he can do it nicer than this.

"P'Kao, Noo said stop. I kindly ask you to stop dragging him like a doll." 

Ohm voices boom making the two stop, not expecting anyone else to chase them and Fluke sighs in relief knowing that his partner is here. They turn to see the taller male dark expression with his eyes as cold as ice, staring from the hurtful grip of the delicate wrist to the eyes of the perpetrator. 

The dislikes in his gaze can clearly be seen making Kao grips tighten, not wanting to lose the only chance he can have Fluke to himself. Fluke flinches at the sudden force, lightly hissing from the discomfort and the reaction seems to awaken Kao from his clouded mind.

The grip automatically loosens and Fluke pulls his arm away cradling it closer to his chest as if he is trying to protect himself from any further damage from Kao. Ohm who sees the pain from the doe eyes gently turns Fluke to face him rubbing the shoulders gently to calm him down and remind him that he is here to protect the older man from any more harm.

"Are you okay? You want to go back to the restaurant?" 

Ohm asks gently, looking into Fluke's eyes wanting reassurance from the shorter male. He smiles softly and tries catching the eyes that seem to run away from his before the eyelids close and another deep breath is heard, Fluke parts his lips the same time as Ohm who is about to ask more question when another voice interrupts them instead.

"I say I need to talk only to Fluke. Alone. It'll be respectful of you to give us some privacy."

Kao cuts Ohm with such authority in his voice it catches the twos' attention. Truth be told, Kao is annoyed looking at them acting as if no one ever matters, as if the world only for the two to live in. It should be him who has a special moment with Fluke.

How can everything so sweet and perfect turns upside down for Kao?

Fluke takes a deep breath to stop himself from exploding and creating a scene from the ridiculousness of the situation. Never had he thought, he feels so mad and betrayed by Kao, the man that always put a smile on his face. He never thought the man that once makes his day is drenching his happiness with the sudden rough treatment that comes from a wave of unknown anger that Fluke could not place his fingers on.  Trying to ease the situation, he speaks out his mind calmly.

"Can't you just say it out nicely? You don't have to create such commotion in front of the others to gain my attention. I know we have some things to talk through."

Kao sighs hearing the question before focuses his attention only at the man he is infatuated with for nearly a year. He tries to read the eyes that speak a lot of things despite the thickening silence between them. He tries his best to read the situation with burning anger that never dissipate as he sees the big hand that never left Fluke's shoulders, rubbing gentle circles. He hates that he can see how Fluke eyes going from rage to calm real quick from the ministration that (apparently) only Ohm could give.

"If I do, will you even listen? You have been avoiding me these past days and don't even try to deny it, Fluke." 

Fluke frowns and stands straighter than before. He hates when people assume his reaction. Sure, he can be a bit difficult to talk to when he is not in the mood, but the thing that happens between them can affect their work for the series. He understands that they have to settle whatever mishaps they have especially when Ohm has come in the picture. He knows how it feels to never get a definite answer to cryptic gesture that can have two meanings and he never wants to put Ohm in the same situation he had been with Kao. Without Fluke realising, the disappointment that piles up in him turns into a fuel that lit his anger.

"You don't even try Kao. Maybe if you do then we can find a solution. All you ever did is just texting me and when we see each other, you act as if nothing ever happens, act as vague as possible. I cannot understand each and everything that you do. Not everyone can be under your control and gets whatever your intention is."

The fire that spits in each word Fluke letting out burns Kao ego more than he likes to admit. The older man hates how true each and every word that has been thrown to him. He always wanted to hear Fluke calling his name without the Phi, with sweetness lace special only for him but why does his name sound so malicious right now? 

He thought whatever they have has been on the same page all along, so why Fluke hesitate and questioning all the affection that Kao has given him?

Kao's mind is now clouded with anger for Ohm, Fluke, and himself. The disappointment in his heart blends with all the negative feeling that seems to only grow stronger than his only reaction to the situation is defending himself from any more pain that the two can inflict to him without them noticing. 

"I don't care if we are not in a good term but show some respect! I am older than you. And for what we had, you always say you understand but now you admit that you are confused. What game are you playing with me huh? Now that you are bored of me you latch on Ohm?" 

Kao spites back with sarcasm making Fluke scoffs. The hurt from the accusation only supplies more fuel to the younger's anger that he cannot control himself anymore and let it burn him to the core.

"You sure act like your age right now. I am a human, there is a time when I too, need reassurance but all you give is mix signal. You act as if I am the only one at fault when you are the one that strings me along to whatever that we are! And never drag P'Ohm in this. He has nothing to do with it. At least he has the courage to say it out loud to me while you can only throw a tantrum out in public." 

The sneers and a mocking smile of Fluke blow his ego more than he can admit. Kao feels like he has been played by the two as if they are mocking him behind closed doors. The thought leads him to let out a hurtful comment.

"I should have known that you are a underneath that fake innocent facade. How can I even fall for someone who only dances on the misery of others. Can't wait to see who going to replace your new toy." 

Just as the words come out from Kao's mouth, his common sense knocks on his head as he processes what he has said to Fluke. His hands have curled into fists as he tries to stand on his ground, trying to convince himself that what he says has a grain of truth behind the harsh way he conveys. Or that is what his pride whispers in his ear.

"What the are you saying about me?" 

That is the only response that Fluke could give when he hears the actual truth of what Kao thought of him. The disappointment can clearly be heard despite the harsh tone that Fluke uses as his defence mechanism. This alarm Ohm to hold the smaller close in his embrace while whispering soft comforting words when he feels every being in Fluke's body is rigid as if he ever let go, Fluke might starts chaos that can get the three in more trouble then they already are from the passerby that looking at them weirdly. The smaller man neer let his eyes away from looking at Kao with hatred and regrets.

The oldest actor feels the disagreement burning in Ohm's stare but he cannot look away from the doe eyes that change from adoration to despise in a matter of seconds. His guts told him to be calmer but his heart hurts so bad he needed to shield himself from more damage by inflicting the pain back to Fluke instead. 

Kao's mind scolds him on how should negotiate it and directs the conversation to a better discussion. He should put a smile on those angelic face but all he can see right now is every opposite reaction possible coming from the smaller man.

"P'Kao, I will take Fluke back home. I think the two of us will pack our food instead. Take care of yourself." 

Ohm speaks gently and respectfully not wanting to make the situation anymore worse than it is. Kao looks at the two as Ohm guides Fluke with a hand on the waist, holding him so close as if he wants to protect the smaller from the world. They only successfully take a few more steps away before Kao words stop them.

"Fluke, I like you. I really like you so please."

His voice sounds soft pleading for Fluke, hoping he can see the sweet smile once more for him. He does not want to be left alone with this horrible feeling like he has been discarded. For once in Kao's life, he is pleading for someone. 

For someone precious in his heart. 

The sun that lights up his world. 

Fluke turns to the older male and Kao can see any hope of a better outcome vanishes. The anger and mockery in those eyes is something he never thought will ever be directed at him. The smile that settles on the face is a smile that Kao wishes never been directed to him.

"Oh, now you want to be my new toy? Do you even have an ounce of shame? You call me names and the best you could give is a half- pleading confession? you, Kao." 

Fluke grits his teeth with every word that stabs Kao without mercy. He is shaking with so much rage that his face turns red and his fists tightly curl. If Ohm is not holding him, Kao sure he will get a punch or two from Fluke.

"Fluke-"

Ohm let his big hand rubs the shorter back hoping that he can divert Fluke attention to him once again to avoid any more mishaps but all he gets is Fluke cutting his words. All the taller man can do is just listen and tries to communicate with him by their gazes.

"No! Kao said that I am a and now he wants to volunteer himself as if he does not just step on my pride with his words. That is so ed up! I wish I have never liked you. You are never worth my time." 

Fluke looks straight at Kao, who is standing very still as he takes in all those malicious truths. His mind has gone blank and his eyes are too dry to produce any tears. He can only hear a loud ringing in his ears as everything comes crashing down on him, burning every bridge that can connect him to Fluke for anything more than friends.

"Let's just go P'Ohm. I want to go home. I'm tired." 

The gentle tone that comes after from Fluke sounds softer and gentle as he talks to Ohm. Ohm peeks at Kao with an unreadable gaze before he looks at Fluke. He smiles reassuringly and mumbles his agreement tightening his hold onto the smaller male as they walk away.

 

 

--

 

 

The sound of door unlocking surrounds the empty home. Fluke pushes the door and lets Ohm inside before closing and locking the door securely. The two make their way to the dining table and put down their late lunch upright, not wanting the content to spill.

"Can I seat next to you?" 

Ohm asks as he pulls out their food while Fluke takes a few plates and utensils. Fluke nods his head once he is back in the younger vision. If Ohm is being honest, Fluke looks like he is having the tiest day. Guilt sets in his heart since he cannot help but thinking that he is one of the causes.

The two eat in silence letting their minds to wander and think of the fight. Fluke is trying his best to not let his guard down and cries a river over what Kao has said about him while Ohm tries his best to be there for the older man in case he does need a shoulder to lean on. He is more than ready to catch Fluke in his arms. 

Once their lunch has finished, they go to the living room and settle themselves comfortably on the sofa. Fluke finds himself leaning to Ohm for warmth and comfort, knowing the taller male can give it to him with just his presence and touch. The younger man wraps his arm cautiously around the small body, letting his fingers dance to ease the tense muscles. Fluke snuggles closer appreciating the act and Ohm pulls him closer, cuddling his love.

"I am sorry you have to see and hear that." 

Fluke starts with a melancholic tone with his eyes closed trying to chase away the remaining sting that seems to grip onto him so tightly. Ohm hums and plays with the soft hair to give comfort. He leans and takes a sniff over the familiar scent and kisses the head gently to show that he does not mind.

"I think that is meant for P'Kao instead." 

Ohm tiptoes his way to get Fluke to open up with what happened before. It's a lie if he says he does not see the way the two dance around each other. The two might not notice it, but it has always been obvious in the eyes of the outsider. 

They like each other. 

That is the fact. 

Call Ohm selfish but he knows that love is also timing and he is someone who takes every opportunity that he can to have Fluke looking at him even once. Although he knows he should be happy that he has the man of his dream in his arm without having to worry anyone taking him away, he also feels sad and sympathy to Kao. The older man, just like him, only want to win Fluke's affection.

"I know we should talk it out in a better way but knowing that is how he thinks of me, a mere , it really hurts. Provoking him is wrong but everything is just too much, my anger has piled up, and I burst." 

Fluke controls his voice, not wanting it to crack and let Ohm sees the other side of him. He does not want the taller male to worry about him and burden him with the issue that does not concern him (directly). A heavy sigh is the only thing that Fluke can do before continue to share his thought.

"I dislike myself for showing you my bad side. I think you will like me less and lesser as time goes by. I am not just happy and sunshine that you see. I can be a sharp thorn too and I don't want you to get prick." 

The embarrassment that lace in between the confession only makes Ohm frowns. He does not agree with the older and he definitely knows for sure that Fluke is more than what he shows. Ohm is ready to embrace each side of the older male with open arms and never have thought of letting go. 

"Fluke, I like you because you are you. I need you to understand that your thorn can never drive me away and I don't want to go away. Not now and never will. I am not someone who just come for good times and leave when it turns sour. I am here to be your support and I am here to learn more and understand more about you. I like you a lot, Fluke." 

Ohm gently explains while playing with the soft hair and massages the scalp gently once a while when he feels Fluke relaxes. He also finds it calming as he watches his fingers glide through the strands entangling any knots like a comb.

There is a long silence after as Fluke sinks in such sincerity from the younger. He knows he should not compare the two especially when he is biased towards the younger more. He is being unfair but his heart cannot lie. Hell, Ohm is showing such dedication without backing out, unlike someone he likes. 

Does he honestly still like him?

This is the only question that Fluke can ask his confused self. Kao once makes him incredibly happy, he always loves that about him. Ohm, on the other hand, always gives encouragement and confidence, never shy to speak out his thought and feelings that it leaves Fluke breathless. Both have such a big impact on him in such a short time. 

"P'Ohm, how do you know you like me? We only know each other a few months yet you are so sure of what you feel for me." 

The older looks up with such helplessness that Ohm cannot decipher. He, however, tries his best to answer. He looks at the blank TV screen as he tries to put his emotion in words that do not scare Fluke away.

"Honestly, I am not sure if I am just infatuated with you or truly likes you until we start getting closer. You are constantly running in my mind. You are the one I am most excited to meet whenever we have schedules or workshops together. I don't know how to say this without sounding creepy but god, do you know you have such a nice scent that I just cannot get out of my head. It's crazy how my focus solely on you when you are in the room and somehow my heart already has your name engraves to it."

Ohm smiles sheepishly when he sees Fluke blushes slightly over the mention of his scent. Never has he thought someone will be head over heels just from his choice of perfume. The older thinks he should be weirded out but the way this man says it makes it sounds weirdly romantic and cute. Ohm is indeed special.

"If I being honest, it still scares me until today how you always keep your eyes on P'Kao but the way you play along to my jokes, the way you blush to every compliment and skinship, it does give me hope. I may not be your priority right now but I still want you to know that I want to be a thief that steals your heart. Boldly."

Fluke stares at Ohm with big eyes full of surprised and a hint of amusement. The seriousness of his words makes his heart skips a beat. He looks into those sharp eyes and all he can see are his sincerity and determination. The butterflies in his stomach go ballistic making him holds it, hoping it stops. His face turns redder as the second ticks away. He finally looks away by hiding his face into the younger's chest. He can feel Ohm's erratic heartbeat and a shy smile is all he can musters.

"That is a bad pick up line. Just saying." 

Fluke retorts as he keeps his face hidden into the strong chest. He sniffs the younger male scent and sighs softly, knowing it will be the only scent that can bring him serenity. Little did he know, his heart already stole by the man that is embracing him with love.

"I tell you thousands of bad pick up lines to have you here in my arms, like this. And maybe a thousand more to see the smile that can lift up my world." 

Ohm satisfies smile bloom making his dimple deepen. He pats the smaller's head before resuming his activity of running his fingers through the hair. He chuckles when he hears Fluke whining pitifully to his chest from the sheer shyness of Ohm's words. Fluke is sure that he will die at a young age because of Ohm's sweetness.

In that moment of silence, Fluke let his guard down and enjoy the calmness that Ohm gives. One thing that Kao cannot give him is what he always receives from Ohm. He now realizes that no immense happiness the older grant can change his mind like the younger reassurance.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I would like to know how you will react as Kao when you hear the confession and Fluke's sudden outburst at him.

What is your reaction if you are in Fluke's place when you are trying to move on and the said person confessed to you?

Anyway, thank you for voting again :D I never thought people will choose mad over both honestly lol

Well then, I wish you all a happy day!