Part 4

Some

The buzzing sound coming from the phone charging at the nightstand never stops, breaking the serene and quiet moment in the room. Fluke, who is busy reading his novel, peeks over his phone in mild annoyance and curiosity. He frowns disliking the fact that his peace is disturbed without mercy.

Suddenly, Note barges in without warning and switches off the light. The young actor is distracted completely from the device, getting alert with everything that happens around him. His eyes are wide open, looking so confused and slightly scared.

"Phi! That is rude, I am reading!" 

Fluke whines as he puts away his novel. He, however, stops when he hears a loud singing to the generic birthday song coming from the living room to his bedroom. He swears he also hear Earth and Mild voices too aside from his beloved manager. Sudden realization dawn on him when he sees the people he close with comes in with big smiles on their faces while singing at the top of their lungs.

"Happy Birthday Fluke! Make a wish and blow the candles."

The birthday boy has his jaws drop in shock, not expecting the surprise visit and wishes. An overwhelming feeling of happiness and joy settles in Fluke as he closes his eyes to make a wish consisting of everyone he loves. He then blows the candle but then squinting his eyes when someone switches on the bright light.

"P'Kae! You are here too! Thank you for coming." 

the excitement of the smaller man brings a bright smile upon the one who holds the cake. The author and writer for the series cannot help but feels warm and welcome. She always finds Fluke friendly charm melting her heart and today is no different. The two have become a good friend after Fluke interviewing and researching his character, Pharm, through her and listens to every advice and explanation without bias,

"Hoi! we are here too you know. I thought we are best buddies." 

Mild whines and settles himself on Fluke's bed along with Earth, who nods his head in agreement when he also gets ignore by Fluke. The two teases the birthday boy, earning bright smiles and happy peals of laughter filling up the room. Looking at the happy smiles of people he cherishes, Fluke feels so grateful that he is surrounded by people that genuinely love him for who he is and always there for him through thick and thin.

All of them end up piling in the living room to eat the cake that Kae brings for the petite actor along with other food that they all bring along to spice up the mini birthday party. They let the TV on, playing some random drama while they chat and having fun until a loud ringtone surpasses the noises in the lively living room.

"Fluke, your phone is ringing. Hurry and pick up the call."

Earth reminds while Note jogs lightly to bring the device to his actor. The smile that blooms while he brings the smartphone makes the young man flusters from the sudden shyness dawn upon him. 

"Your prince charming is calling~ Wonder what he has to say." 

Note teases making Fluke stands up in a speed of light and snatches his phone trying to run away from the loud shout of catcalls. The smaller man beams a shy smile and mumbles a soft thank you to his manager.

He takes a deep breath to calm his nervousness without looking at the caller's name and swipes his fingers to pick up with his eyes close to ready himself. He greets the caller brightly despite the red colour painting his chubby cheeks.

"Hello, P'Ohm? Is there a reason you are calling me tonight?"

Note who is drinking his water nearly spit it out at Mild when he hears the wrong name coming out of Fluke's mouth. He looks at the young actor and vigorously shakes his head, mouthing Kao's name to alert Fluke the identity of the caller.

"Hello, Fluke? It's me P'Kao." 

Kao's voice rings in Fluke's ear, spooking him to the core as he holds the phone away to soak himself in the embarrassment. He cannot help the thought of yeeting himself to the balcony and jumps down with his arms wide open like a pair of wings. 

He turns to the crowd to see his manager's panicky reaction only to feel more embarrassed since everyone is holding their laughter. Mild tries really hard to hold his laugh though he finds the comedic situation hilarious until he spits out a bit of his drink, trying to stop himself from letting out even a squeak of laughter. Earth, however, looks at Fluke with big eyes along with Kae. The two covers their mouth with their hand as a way to hold their teasing smile but their eyes say it all.

"Ah, P'Kao sorry I-wait. Let me go walk to my room real quick."

Fluke tries to save his dignity by running away from the crowd that starts their catcalling to his room. Their voices are so loud especially Mild's laughter making him feel more annoyed and sulky than shy anymore. 

"Sorry P, I can't hear you properly earlier. They are so noisy, especially Mild."

Kao chuckles and hums to show his agreement since he can hear the loud voices alongside his crush from the phone before a soft sound of the door closing cuts the noises off. He sighs in relief to hear only the younger's breathing from the other line. 

"It's okay, N'Fluke. Earth was there too right? He told me he would come to your house tonight and celebrate." 

A soft hum answers his question and the two stay in silence for a moment, cherishing each other presence even if they are far away. Fluke looks down on his feet for quite a while and settles on making his way to the bed to be more comfortable.

"You haven't answered my question yet, Phi. Is there a reason you are calling me?" 

Fluke asks as he sits on his bed. He plays with the blanket as he waits for the other to wish his birthday since that is what he guesses the reason Kao calling him this late at night. He knows yet he likes to hear it from the man himself. He always needs reassurance and confirmation when it comes to someone he is infatuated with. A soft sigh is all the younger man hears until the familiar tune of happy birthday is hear from across the line.

Kao is singing to him.

"Happy birthday to you. Ah, this is so embarrassing and cringy." 

Fluke laughs softly, letting himself succumb to the giddy feelings that make his heart beating and flutters of butterflies in his stomach. A smile never leaves the gorgeous face as he lay down on his bed.

"That is so cheesy P'Kao! But thank you. I appreciate it. A lot." 

He shyly thanks while picking up a random plushy to hug the giddiness away. He picks a small brown bear, a gif from his fan, to be the victim of his crushing cuddles. 

"For your other gift, I will bring it during your birthday celebration. I hope you would love it. It reminds me of you." 

Fluke nods his head unconsciously as he mumbles a soft okay getting excited when Kao confirms his attendance unintentionally.  Another silence feels up the conversation once more as they calm down from the sweet moment. 

Fluke likes this type of silence. 

It is always calm and never awkward with Kao. It gives him time to appreciate the older's presence more as time passes by. Moments like this also gives him a slight urge to confess his feeling, finding everything is too much for him to only bottling it up. Subconsciously, he calls out Kao under his breath at the same time the older calling out his name.

"P'Kao."

"Fluke."

A burst of soft laughter fills up the conversation when they realise how in sync they can be sometimes when trying to catch each other's attention. The butterflies in both of their stomach go wilder, making them shy. 

"I give you the honour to say it first Phi." 

Kao shuffles in his seat loud enough for his phone to pick up the noise and be heard by Fluke before another sigh that lace with nervousness accompanies. The aura seems to be sent to the younger man as well when he also starts to feel on edge from the shift of the atmosphere surrounding their bubble.

"Fluke, you know we have known each other for quite sometimes. I cannot help but find everything about you so-" 

Kao pauses himself as if he tries to find the right word to describe what he is feeling right now. Everything is overwhelming and yet no words can describe what he wants to portray about the young man who runs in his mind for quite a while, stealing every attention the older man has to focus only on him and him alone.

"The bottom line is I-"

Before Kao can continue, a loud bang of a door being open harshly cuts his words out. He holds onto his chest as he jumps in his seat, getting frightened from the loud noise interrupting the intimate moment.

"Fluke! You did not believe who just come!"

Mild barges into the room with big eyes of excitement and the loud sound of people welcoming someone fills up every corner of the room that even Kao's voice is drowned out when he calls out for the smaller man. Fluke looks at the intruder with his big doe eyes widen even more (if it is possible) in shock. Disappointment sinks in his heart since he cannot hear what Kao wanted to say. He is pretty sure what he supposed to hear can change whatever unknown status relationship he and Kao are stuck at.

Before he can even collect himself, Mild already drags Fluke out of the room with a bit of resistance from the petite man since he does not want to come out of his confined space. Without him noticing, his thumb accidentally ends the call, leaving Kao confused and worried. 

Since the floor at the front of the door is not carpeted, it is quite slippery and results with Fluke flying right into someone's chest. Kae squeals in delight and rushes to get her phone to capture the moment but too late when the two breaks out of the accidental hug that Mild caused. One with a playful grin while the other with a panic frown.

"I am so sorry P'Ohm! It's slippery and I-" 

Fluke stops himself when he hears a soft chuckle from his new guest. He looks at the taller man, noticing how there is no annoyance lace on the handsome face and rather an amusement look that results in him having his cheeks and ears turning red.

"It's okay, at least Noo don't blast off out of the door. I don't think anyone appreciates a birthday bruise." 

The statement makes Earth and Mild laugh out loud finding it hilarious imagining the outcome that can happen since Fluke is too light. The shorter sends a menacing glare at the two as a signal to shut up but all he gets is another round of loud laughter. Giving up, Fluke looks behind Ohm when he hears another sound of someone entering the crowded place. He quickly greets the familiar face politely despite confusion written all over his face.

"P'News, hello. Not to be rude or anything but what do you guys doing here? Don't you have a busy schedule P'Ohm? You should go home and rest." 

Fluke asks without a chance for the two new arrival guests to answer. Not only does the smaller man is lost about the situation, but he also worries about Ohm's health since the younger man never stops working and has little to no rest. To add up, the last time he chats with Ohm, the younger says that he is super busy lately that he cannot even confirm if he can come to Fluke's birthday celebration.

"This boy cannot stop whining about wanting to meet you before going back home. He said he has something to give but then he gets too excited to come here he forgot to bring the gift along with his lanky body." 

News teases his artist and shakes his head lightly as he remembers the actor excitement to visit his new on-screen partner. He then passes the supposed gift to Ohm who gladly takes it with a sheepish smile, one hand rubbing the back of his neck bashfully. 

"Thank you P'News! I just want to make sure I can be the first to wish him but I guess I am not anymore."

Hearing how sad Ohm is, Fluke feels appreciated and warmth, not knowing he is so important for the younger man. He knows Ohm cares about him but he does not know it is to the point that he wants to be the first person to give a birthday wish. 

"Too bad I got cut by a lot of people too. You are so famous Noo. I am happy you are loved by a lot of people." 

Ohm adds as he looks at the smaller man that is frozen in his place. He then greets everyone in the living room and introduces himself to Mild, someone he never met but heard of from Fluke during daily their Line chats. The birthday boy silently places his hand on his left chest, trying to hide the sound that is too loud even for his ears, coming from his melting heart. 

No one ever says those things to Fluke and it lights up something deep within him that he does not want to admit. Not right now.

"How about you guys come in first. We have cakes and some snacks."

Note invited as he holds onto News shoulder and leads him to the others in the living room. leaving Ohm and Fluke to give them privacy. He peeks at the two and shakes his head when he sees Fluke still blushing with every little thing Ohm does or says. The younger actor has such a big influence on his child.

"Thank you although Ohm is on diet, I don't mind some snacks. It can help me feel awake to drive back home. Thank you for inviting us, K'Note" 

News accepts the invitation with a guilty smile directed to his artist. It's a fact that Ohm has to get on a diet program to maintain his body for his regular swim class and the series since he has a lot of scenes where he is shirtless. He needs to be in shape to make his character as a swimming club president more believable for the audience.

Gaining his conscious from the sudden attack of Ohm's sincere words, Fluke frowns listening to what News share about his co-star. He tilts his head slightly to look at Ohm who has a small smile of sadness as he locks his eyes to the tempting cake. 

"Do you want a drink, at least? Water or juice? I can sneak a piece of cake for you."

Fluke asks softly as he closes the door behind and walks to the kitchen. He whispers his suggestion to Ohm, earning laughter from him as he follows the shorter man closely. 

"A glass of water is fine and I think P'News will cut my head if he caught me having a bite of that delicious looking cake," 

Ohm answers and leans himself to the counter as he watches Fluke walking around the kitchen preparing his order. He always enjoys watching the older, finding every mundane thing his done eye-catching and interesting. He can never get bored staring at someone as alluring as Fluke.

"Are you sure you don't want to sneak a bite? I can pretend I eat the cake when in reality I feed it to you." 

Fluke passes the drink and pouts in concern, giving another suggestion to get the taller man to eat. He is pretty sure whatever he takes for dinner is bland or a portion too little for someone as big as him.

"It's okay, I have eaten before. I feel more guilty toward P'News forcing him to drive here." 

Ohm sheepishly confesses before taking a sip. He sighs in content when the cool fluid flows down his throat and cool down his stomach. He looks at Fluke and smiles amusingly when the frown and pout do not go away.

"Then you shouldn't come! I don't want you guys to get tired! You say you have an early morning shoot tomorrow- I mean today. It's past midnight." 

Fluke whines with his lips pouting and his voice sounding so childish it brings a soft chuckle from Ohm. The taller man let his heart beating fast as he basks in the joy of being cared for by Fluke. He never knows someone can make him feel like he is in a cloud nine just from a few words that show concern.

"I already told you I want to see you so don't get mad at Phi okay?" 

Ohm pats the soft hair gently trying to calm the small man. He knows that his Noo always relaxes when he plays with the soft strand of hairs, fingers gently scratching the scalp, making his body succumb to the calming ministration.

"But Noo don't like it when Phi is tired. Phi can get sick and Noo doesn't want that. It will make Noo sad." 

Fluke mumbles sadly as he looks at Ohm with puppy eyes. Ohm cannot help himself from blinking for a few times trying to decipher the cute act in front of him. He takes a few deep breaths, trying his best to stop himself from squeezing Fluke in a bone-crushing hug out of adoration.

"Stop being cute or Phi will squeeze Noo so tightly and never let go." 

The warning triggers Fluke's heart, making it skip a beat. Ohm always says something that no one ever says to him before. Not even Kao who always says cheesy and cringy lines sometimes. The words that come out of his mouth sounds so genuine that it makes Fluke even shyer as he cups his cheeks, trying to hide the redness from Ohm.

Ohm seems to register his sudden outburst too when he clears his throat and takes a big gulp out of his drink to stop himself from turning red as well. He looks down at the empty cup, trying to surpass his bashful smile, seeing that Fluke is in as much mess state as he is. 

"I am sorry for that but you are acting too cute just now in my eyes. I cannot stop myself from bursting out what I am thinking in my head."

Hearing the explanation only makes the smaller man shyer than ever as he holds onto his stomach that keep knotting and twisting (in a good way) much to his dismay since he knows the symptoms that he is experiencing right now. One question keeps replaying in his head.

How can Fluke survive to have this man to be his partner? 

Not only Ohm's sharp gaze can puncture a hole to his head, but his soft voice, dimple smile and gentleman side are also really dangerous for the heart of poor Fluke Natouch. The older man tries to remind himself that his heart already settles on someone and he should not be like this. He needs to be professional but he knows that feeling is not something a mind and logic can meddle. 

Suddenly, a gift bag is the only sight his eyes can see. He tilts his head inspecting the sudden appearance of the object until the familiar soft voice cuts his train of thoughts. 

"Here, A gift for you and happy birthday Noo. I wish every good thing rolls into your life and you are surrounded by the people you love for the rest of your life." 

Ohm wishes sincerely from the bottom of his heart as he holds out the gift towards Fluke. He gives an encouraging smile for the smaller man to take it. 

"I don't know if you like it but you say you have to buy a few necessities and yeah."

The younger man adds after his heartwarming speech, peaking up Fluke's curiosity. He takes the gift and looks at the taller asking if he can look at the gift with his stares. Ohm nods and without wasting any time, the smaller man looks inside the bag of gifts. Or rather, gifts.

Small giggles emit from the pretty lips as he finds the gifts so adorable and thoughtful. For others, it may look like Ohm is pranking or insulting but for Fluke, the gift makes him feel important and cherished. The younger listens to every word he says, every letter he types as if it is as important as today's news. He makes sure to remember everything details that will likely help him soon.

It is in fact, does help because Fluke no longer needs to go to a cosmetic shop to buy a new toothbrush, mist, and his favourite lip balm. At the corner of his eyes, he can sees a card and a small accessories box that place to be hidden from his eyes. He makes a mental note to check it later at the privacy of his room, thinking it is more appropriate to do so.

"I am so sorry, I know it's dumb but-" 

Fluke makes a cute noise to disagree while shaking his head with a bright smile cutting the younger off, wanting him to know that he really values the gifts. 

"I love it! Thank you so much, it means a lot that you remember whatever I rant to you. It makes me feel important and cared for. Thank you, really."

A bright smile accompanies with a dimple appears on Ohm's face. He is super grateful that the message that he wants to sent to Fluke does reach out to the smaller man. He thought it is too cryptic but fortunately, it is more than enough.

"How can I not? You look super serious so I need to make sure I take note everything that is spill out of your lips." 

Ohm counters playfully with a relief smile settle on his handsome face once the grin wears off. He becomes more relax when he sees how genuine Fluke's words are towards his 'special' gift. The petite man inspects the gifts one more time and looks pleasingly surprised he gets every brand of the product correctly down to the little details.

"Are you saying I talk a lot? Not my fault I have more stories to tell~" 

Fluke playfully acts as if he is offended before giving out a smug excuse, setting a cheerful chat and bickers between the two, not knowing the people in the living room are spying on them. All of them have a range of emotions from confusion to amusement. 

Nevertheless, the author of the novel is ecstatic to see her 'DeanPharm' becomes more alive each day as she observes the two. She thanks the director in her head for making her novel into reality with her to see the two actors growing closer and be a part of this amazing project.

 

 

 

----

A/N:

Another chapter is revised and repost!

side note:-

I don't remember when was Fluke's actual celebration was held but I just guessed it was after his actual birthday, so please don't mind the timestamp