Part 6

Some

A/N: 

I would like to remind all of you that the timeline here is VERY different from their event period.

However, the event they attend or the moments that take place are mostly the same. 

Happy (re)reading and stay safe everyone~!

--

 

 

 

 

"Earth, Earth. Wake up we're here now." 

Fluke shakes Earth's knee to wake him up but sighs when he only gets a puff of air from the sleeping man instead. He then takes a quick glance at Kao who just settles down after turning off the engine. Kao turns around to look at the sleeping man in the back seat and shakes his head in pity because he knows his co-star is just catching up his rest. He puts on a guilty smile to Fluke before giving out a suggestion. 

"You can go save us a seat first. We will follow after. Earth can be a hassle to wake up sometimes." 

With a small pout, the smaller man nods and walks out of the car to go to the restaurant. He sighs at the thought of having to share Kao's attention with Earth. As much as he likes the pretty man, he does want to spend more time with Kao especially when his heart starting to doubt everything he thought he knows about the feeling he has towards the older man.

Kao goes to the back seat and prays for himself before making the decision to smack his passenger's forehead without mercy. Earth wakes up instantly and rubs at the sore place that is turning red from the sudden violence. He looks at Kao with a glare and grumbles sleepily, asking why the hell did the older do that and only receives a sheepish smile as an answer. 

"Let's go out and eat. Fluke already save a place for us."

Earth sighs and pushes Kao away by the shoulder feeling annoyed that his rest got disturbed by the taller man as he slips himself out of the car. Kao can only laugh in amusement since he always finding Earth annoyance to be an entertainment. 

"You can just drop me off at my place. I think I rather catch up with my sleep than eating." 

Earth nags as he stretches himself to feel more coherent before they making their way side by side to the restaurant. The two cannot help but smile at Fluke who enthusiastically waves his hand for them to notice. The small man always has this aura and energy that can cheer everyone up just by merely present himself in the crowd.

"Guys! Here! I have saved our seat, hurry up!" 

Kao fastens his steps along with Earth when embarrassment crash in from how loud the petite man's voice calling for them. Once everyone has sat down, they start to discuss what to eat and settles down once everyone agrees upon the menu. When their order is already taken, they all look at each other with a blank face as no one starts any conversation since their exhaustion comes crashing down upon their worn-out body once they can finally take a proper breath.

"I want to sleep so bad but my stomach is being a nasty ." 

Earth starts the conversation with his obvious statement and Fluke nods his head slightly as he too felt lethargic. If he does not promise Kao that he will be up eating together, he must be crawling under his blanket by now. Having those thoughts causes a yawn to escape from Fluke follows by Earth as his mind wanders to the same idea as him.

Kao cannot help but feel guilty forcing the two to eat but they do not have a proper meal aside from breakfast (assuming the two did ate) and a slice or two of the cakes that been served during the celebration. The oldest of the three definitely dislike the thought of his songs not taking a balanced intake of food for themselves. 

"Sorry for forcing you guys out but sleeping with a full stomach is better than none at all."

Earth begrudgingly agrees and he starts finding entertainment through his phone when the lovebirds seem to focus on their own little conversation. Not like he minded too since he is still half asleep to join the conversation and even to speak.

"Happy birthday again Fluke. I am happy to spend at least a day to celebrate it with you."

Fluke smiles and looks down to his hands when he feels his ears turning red from the sudden confession from Kao. The older man rarely speaks his mind out when it comes to his feelings thus the smaller man finds it heartwarming to know that Kao is open up.

"Thank you too for spending time with me. I really appreciate it."

The soft voice brings a proud smile on Kao's face as he hums to acknowledge his crush. He looks down to the hands that do not stop fiddling and a thought passes by to him. Without him noticing, his hand already only a few inches to catch Fluke but quickly retracts when a loud chime from the device on the table beside the tempting hands vibrates violently.

A frown stays only a few seconds on the beautiful face but later turns into a shy smile when he sees a familiar name with a familiar face pops on his notification. The disappointment he feels when Kao does not holds his hand is now replaced with butterflies in the stomach as he taps to open the LINE private chat.

'Have you went home?'

A sticker of a brown bear(Brown) and a chicken(Sally) peeking from the corner of a wall pops right below the text sending a soft giggle out of Fluke, finding it adorable the taller man even include cute stuff as he asks the mundane everyday question. He types a reply as fast as he can when he notices the online icon pops up from the sender.

'Not yet. Eating with P'Kao and Earth. Cannot pass free food~'

He then sends a sticker of Sally holding a pan and spatula while wearing an apron and a chef hat. There are also veggies floating around it. He has a dreamy smile stays on his face as he waits for Ohm to reply to him but unfortunately, just as he sees the word typing pops up, his food is served so he ends up typing another reply to inform Ohm.

'Food is here!

I will reply later'

After sending the two-line text, Fluke puts his phone aside and focuses on the food that gives out such aromatic scents. The three then eat in total silence as they devour the delicious meal though Kao feels his mood getting damp as he thinks about Fluke's smile and the person who disturb their quality time together (since Earth is not in the mood to socialise).

 

 

--

 

 

"Thank you P'Kao! Please wake me up for script reading tomorrow morning okay?"

Earth cheerfully exclaims as he picks up his things from the back seat before going out of the car. He seems to be recharge after having a satisfying meal and another short rest of having to spend time talking to his friends, helping brightens up everyone's mood leaving the atmosphere in the car warms and lively throughout their drive to his place.

Kao nods his head and bid goodbye with a friendly smile to Earth, feeling thankful for helping him ease himself out and prepare for another drive to Fluke's place. The smaller man at the passenger seat, however,  waves with a pout on his face before offering his hand for Earth to hold as he bids him farewell. Earth pulls away from their hand-holding session after a second or two when his legs are out of the car. 

The youngest man wave at them one last time before skipping his way back to his place. After making sure Earth is safely inside his home, Kao starts to drive away. Fluke's attention turns to his phone when it chimes again, showing his mood that is certainly good while he hums and mumbles the lyrics to the radio, fingers typing vigorously on the device.

The older man cannot help but peek once a while with a soft smile, finding Fluke happiness contagious that he also feels upbeat just by looking at the huge smile adorning his face. How can the cute face become the source of his light in his whole universe? 

"You seem super happy today. Mind sharing it with me?" 

Kao then starts a light conversation, wanting to get closer to the young actor. Fluke looks away from his screen and nods with excitement, wanting to share his joy with the driver to keep him company. 

"Of course! We can meet our fans today and they are so lovable. I never thought that I will have such loyal and supportive fans. I love them so much, they mean a lot to me." 

A soft sigh can be heard after the silence as Fluke let himself drown in the feeling of loved and longing to meet and have more fun with his fans. Fluke then looks at the window with serenity as he is so grateful for everything he has achieved in his career. He had gone for hiatus to focus on his study, therefore, he does not really expect anyone to remember him. 

BL industry is getting bigger as well when he keeps himself in a low profile. His mind has been making an assumption of a slow start until he sees the fans that come support him from the day of casts announcement, workshop and now his birthday. He really meant it when he says he loves them. 

"They are such angels. I wish for their love to always last long for me as much as I am to them."

Fluke continues as he then turns to look at Kao with a sheepish smile. He stares at the handsome man for quite sometimes until an image of his onscreen partner suddenly pops up in his head making him turns to the road with a red face, not expecting Ohm to make an appearance in his mind when he is spending time with Kao. 

Fluke hits his head without Kao's acknowledgement, finding the trick of his mind really inappropriate with the situation right now. He should only focus on the older man, not Ohm Thitiwat who is not replying to him, making a frown settles on his face. 

"You are an amazing person Fluke. They will definitely be by your side and protect you with all their might." 

Kao ruffles the younger hair when he is sure the road is safe to drive with one hand. He lets his fingers run through the soft hair for a second longer before pulling away to focus on his driving although the smile does not go away over the success in touching the smaller man. Fluke, however, turns his head to the driver with shock and confusion in his face with a lace of expectation.

Fluke is preparing himself for Kao to say what he has been waiting for almost a year but unfortunately, the older man seems to be clueless that it leaves a sour taste in Fluke's mouth as he frowns once more. He hates when Kao's words sound like he has something more to say yet nothing comes out especially regarding their relationship. 

The smaller man is sure that Kao and he are more than friends with how his pining is received well by the older man. He is also sure he reads the signal right so why haven't the older makes any further move?

Is Fluke someone he spends time with because he is bored?

Fluke stares at Kao with his big doe eyes hoping he says something that probably makes his doubt goes away yet he is meeting with the same silence of hanging words until his phone buzz and light up. Like always. Kao only opens his mouth when he sees that he is no longer the centre of Fluke's attention. 

Both of them are oblivious to each other feelings and the timing never helps. Kao opts to keep quiet, giving space for the younger to reply t his phone and he can feel the gap that is widening in between them even though they are sitting next to each other. They stay like that until they arrive in front of Fluke's place.

The younger puts his phone away to pick up his things when he looks around and sees his house. Kao turns his body slightly to stare openly at Fluke who is busy trying to carry everything in his small hold as if he does not want to stay in the car any longer leaving a sting in Kao's heart. The smaller man opens the door and bids a hurried goodbye too that it finally irks the taller man to grab onto the small arm hoping it will stop him. 

"Wait, hold on, Fluke." 

The younger turns around and raises his eyebrow with a confusing gaze. Kao feels the guilt once again eating him up when there is evidence of tiredness present on the gorgeous face that his mind always brings with him to sleep at night. 

"Yes? Is there anything I left? Anything you want to say?" 

Not expecting the attention he gets, Kao releases his grip on the arm and blinks a few times. He takes a deep breath and keeps his eyes lock with those big doe eyes trying to send the message he has been dying to say out loud but never dares to. 

"I-I just want to say goodnight and sweet dream."

Once again, Kao stops himself from saying anything that relates to his heart and the status of their relationship, making it looks like he is avoiding the obvious and that rubs the younger man in the wrong way. Fluke tries to give him another chance but the longer the older takes the heavier the disappointment and doubt that settling in his heart.

Is he reading the signal all wrong? 

Is he just imagine things trying to see something that was never there, to begin with? 

Fluke bites his lips as he stares at the front trying to avoid looking at Kao. He believes he might end up with tears if he gets the answer that his insecurity feeds him with from those beautiful eyes. 

Doubts and uneasiness seem to take a spot in his heart each time he thinks of Kao and he hates it with all his might.

"P'Kao, what are we?"

The unexpected question comes out and undoubtedly making the tone for the night much heavier than what they assume. It supposed to be happy and warmth like it used to. It supposed to be full of rainbow and sunshine.

How they end up here?

One is cursing himself for being a coward.

Another seems to feel a lump in his heart from the long pause as if what he fears is the truth he is searching for.

Kao let out a long sigh and that seems to send false signals toward the younger man as much as the other signs Kao has been sending him without notice. Fluke cuts off any of Kao's attempt to mend the situation, trying to escape away from hearing the answer that might comes out from the taller man.

"Forget about it. I am sorry. Just forget it. Goodnight to you too, P'Kao." 

Fluke gets out of the car hurriedly and closes the door without looking back, missing the view of broken Kao that tries to confess to none other than Fluke Natouch, his 'some'. Why does their timing never comes perfectly as he imagines?

Thy supposed to be in the car, opening Kao's present (that Fluke accidentally puts in P'Note's car) and maybe have their first kiss as Fluke say yes to his question that he has been dying to ask.

From his car seat, Kao can see the silhouette in the dark thanks to the deem light of the streetlamp shining across the house. The figure suddenly stops his steps with his head tilting down looking at his phone. He seems to pick up a call and for once, the older man is glad that he can't see what that beautiful face is expressing right there. His steps fastened until he already went inside and out of Kao's sight.

"You are so slow, you coward."

Kao lets out his frustration by hitting the steering wheel with his palm harshly, getting mad at himself for being nervous and scared. He rests his head against the seat as he tries to collect his breath and stays calm knowing it is dangerous to drive while he is emotional. 

"There will be a next time. You can do this."

The fair man tries to cheer himself up and takes the last deep breath as he eases himself to focus back on driving to his home safely. 

 

 

--

 

 

"Hello P'Note, yes I am here already, wait a minute." 

Fluke fasten his walk when his manager rings him up, asking about his whereabout worriedly since it is nearly his curfew. Just as he walks inside, he is getting bombarded with questions upon questions and babbles of Note worrying over his safety.

"Fluke! You make me worried sick! I was about to call the police. Are you okay? Here give me your bag and let's get you to bed."

The actor laughs out loud over his dramatic manager despite feeling happy that he means a lot to the man. He passes his bag to his manager as he bends down to pull off his shoes. He staggers slightly when he stands with only one foot touches the ground, trying to balance his weight while getting the other shoe off.

"Sorry Phi! I got drag to eat dinner with P'Kao and Earth when sending him home. At least you don't have to prepare food tonight hehe."

The older man sighs in understatement and just nods his head, agreeing to his actor. It's not like he can do anything and he knows Fluke needs to socialise like a normal young man too once a while in between his busy schedules. He watches the petite man with a stern look right after as he announces a new rule firmly.

"Next time, inform me as soon as possible. I cannot let myself get embarrassed calling out the authority to find my big baby when he is just stuffing his face with food."

Hearing Note's rule, Fluke whines as he stomps lightly while following the man, walking straight into his room to put the bag down. The manager does not look like he is fazed with the reaction either, having to hear the whining for most of his life with the actor. 

"By the way, I already put the casts and director New presents under your study desk. I thought you will like to check those in private first before opening the others."

Fluke nods and smiles appreciatively. His manager always knows him the best. He is someone who loves to open the presents of someone he closes with after the fans. He likes to keep the one with letters attach along to read before he sleeps to end the day with a positive vibe.

Today, however, exhausts him to the core that all he wants to do is take a shower, wears his usual pyjamas and hit the bed without thinking of anything else. He really wants to wipe the night away since it only leaves a bitter taste to him with no answer. He shakes his head furiously and pats his chubby cheeks to cheer himself up, making his way to the bathroom.

"Just as you say Fluke, forget it!"