Part 10

Some

Kao checks his phone and his legs keep tapping inside his car, trying to calm himself. Today is the day that his schedule meets up with Fluke. It also means that he is going to meet Ohm too since their schedules always match as if they are mocking him to show happy they are, how happy Fluke is when he is with the younger male. 

Honestly, Kao cannot hide his irritation over the tall actor. He finds himself comparing their personality and lists all the good traits Ohm has that can never be him. The fact the younger is caring enough to text him asking whether he was okay the day the incident happened only makes him even more annoyed.

Kao does not want to admit he feels a sense of comfort and genuineness coming from the simple gesture. The two seem to acknowledge each other interest in the same guy and opt for healthy competition in winning the heart of the one and only Fluke Natouch although by now Kao has a gut that he has already lost in between the road.

"Kao? Kao!"

Wut calls out for him worriedly a few times until Kao is out of his thoughts. The actor turns and looks at him with confusion since there is also a hint of urgency from the manager. The older male signals for him to get out of the car since the two have arrived and Kao silently does what he is told to do with a sheepish smile hoping that can ease the frowns of concern away from his manager.

Upon entering the room full of people, Kao begins his search for his crush and meets with disappointment when he does not sees him. He silently takes a seat where Wut guides him and starts greetings the other staff as he shifts slightly and getting comfortable.

He plays with his phone to get his mind off the negativity. After all, he comes here to work and he should be more professional. However, after a few minutes, the sound of a door open catches his attention. The sound of chatters and laughter fills up the room making Kao taking an initiative to glance. 

He stops breathing when he sees the angelic smile of the guy he has been waiting for. Fluke is radiants with happiness joking around with Boun, Prem, and Ohm.  The four of them turns their head when they hear Wut's voice talking merrily with the staff.

"Hello, P'Wut! P'Kao! It's been a while since we meet each other!" 

The group of actors greets with such friendliness and enthusiasm that makes a small smile appear to the newcomer. The smile though does not last long on Kao's handsome feature since he cannot make out what Fluke is feeling. The beautiful male does not seem to be looking at him with anger anymore, but he also does not seems to be as friendly. He can feel the different aura the small body carries and it saddens him that he can see the barrier that is put towards him.

"Hey, P'Kao! Are you going to go to the library after this? P'Ohm and Fluke will shoot a scene there. I think it's the one where they declared their love for the first time." 

Prem excitedly exclaims since he is done for the day and most probably will just hang around until Boun is done with his scene or he is tired enough to rest for the day. The gleams in his eyes have a slight teasing when he flickers them from the male in question to the two men that are oblivious to the surrounding, talking in whispers and gentle voice. 

Kao's eyes trail to the pair before hesitantly nod his head. Prem takes it as a cue to drag him to the shooting scene once he gets the green light to drag the older actor. Ohm and Fluke, however, already make their way there with the other staff to rehearse the scene once or twice while waiting for the cue by the director to notify them when the camera is rolling.

Just as he takes a seat at the corner of the library, he sees that one of the staff is doing live. While Prem is not in the mood to pop himself up, Kao willingly volunteers himself as he looks at the two actors that focus on rehearsing in front of the camera. The two have a constant blush on their face as they immerse themselves with their characters wearing those lovesick gazes like it is their second skin.

The bitterness never leaves his mouth each time he sees how perfect they are on and off-camera. He hates how they fit in the character perfectly. He hates how Ohm is the Dean to Fluke's Pharm. They are sickeningly perfect that the thought of destroying whatever they have sounds tempting. It should be him in the place of Dean or at least Fluke who should be his Intouch. 

Why does the universe hate the thought of him and Fluke having their own happy ending?

Or is it just him that is desperately holding into a string that has been left behind by the male that he had given half of his heart to?

Once everything is set up and running, the director gives the cue to start and without any difficulty, both of them let Dean and Pharm take over their body. Kao cannot help but smiles in amazement that lace with jealousy. How annoying of them to be so different when they embodiment themselves as Dean and Pharm yet the loving and admiration in each other eyes never went away when they are back to be Ohm and Fluke.

"I love you,"

The iconic line of Dean's first confession makes some of the staff gasps in awe focusing on the actor's expression of relief and reassurance. Pharm smiles in silence making it a breathtaking moment for the audience until Dean gently raises his chin making them look at each other with the soft voice breaking the silence.

"I love you too." 

Kao cannot help but freezes in his seat with his eyes never leaving the two that are too immersed in their role as they lean for a kiss. He remains still even when his ears pumping out loud and he can physically feel his heart breaks into pieces watching them keep kissing for longer than what the audience thought. It looks so intimate, so genuine, so... 

in love.

Kao wants the haunting image to stop. He cannot take the crashes of the world that does not leave his body alone but his eyes cannot even blink as if it wants to remind Kao's heart what is the reality. He swears he wants to stop but just like the director, he let them be. , he hopes his eyes do not produce any sudden tears that he knows will never stop once they leak down to his cheeks.

It feels like an eternity when they pull away from the kiss. The two look up at each other with love and adoration that only seems to intensify with each second ticking away making Kao finally shifts in uncomfortableness when his mind is surfacing from the sea of thoughts. For once, the older actor feels everything is too much for his bleeding heart. 

Every hope chipping away to ever getting back whatever he and Fluke use to have or even more.

"Do you guys hear that?"

One of the staff that wears the headset asks the other and even the director making such an unreadable face making everyone curious. Both of them nods their head and chuckles is heard as the two actors keep hugging for quite some times while waiting for the director to shout cut. 

Feeling a bit cheeky, New just let them be for another minute before letting out a loud cut making not only the two separate with a bit of a jump but also Kao who is too caught up with the staff conversation that he forgets what he supposed to do. He sighs in relief when the phone that records him is now facing away as the owner asks what happen with as much curiosity as him.

The answer that the male actor hears only leaving him empty and numb as he watches the girls that are inside the room squealing with joy while Ohm and Fluke seem to get redder when they hear the staff teases them.

"You guys sure that is only Dean and Pharm's confession? We can hear the heart beating loudly like it wants to be out of the chest."

The two actors' reactions that consist of red faces and stuttering only make the noises of teasing louder since most of the staff join in to make the two feel shyer. Their managers, however, are funnier as News is just joining in while patting Ohm's back with a proud grin while Note is fake panicking to entertain his star. The atmosphere in the library is light and bright like the love that Dean and Pharm share.

But why Kao's world only getting darker?

He wants to be ignorant but he understands.

His mind understands.

His heart is trying to understand.

Fluke has replaced him.

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

A/N: 

I am sorry for the late and short update but life caught me up uhuks hope you guys still enjoying this.

question for this update:

what will you do if you are in Kao's shoes?