By the Sea: Where did she go? (3/6?)

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

By the sea: Where did she go? 

 

Jihyo loves the sunrise but she was never up early enough to  enjoy it. But a small cabin in summer was too hot even at night. It was way too early, the moon was still high up in the sky. 

 

It didn’t help that JongKook is a furnace. They were trying to sleep further apart last night but somehow out of habit, his hand sneaked over to the middle and she found herself tightly wrapped in his arms. 

 

How long more it took for them to find out, she didn’t care really. She wasn’t the petty one with a grudge, that was all JongKook. It was nice being with them and it gave her a glimpse of what could be. She unwrapped his hands around her and slowly made her way to the beach. 

 

The door creaked as it opened and Jongkook peered through his bleary eyes and looked towards the door. Was it Jihyo heading out? Why was she out so early, the sun wasn’t even up. Where is she going? He stretched a little and stood up, making his way to join her, bringing along the towels that were hanging by the door.

 

“Omo, you’re here. Did I wake you? Go back and rest, it is too early,” she told him as he wrapped one of the towels around her shoulders. 

 

“Don’t catch a cold, even though it’s summer. You didn’t even put on your shoes. Come up,” he said as he bent lower offering her a ride.”

 

“You sure? You don’t need to warm up. Or stretch?”

 

“Don’t worry, am not yet 64. You’ll be my warm-up. After all you are just 60kg, I can carry three of you and more. I can still fatten you up.”

 

“Kim Jong Kook, do you need a beating so early in the morning. I know I gained a few pounds but am far from 60,” she whined and elbowed his side.

 

“Gosh stop it, I may drop you. Those elbows of yours can kill. And hey am not complaining, haven’t I said I like you better fleshy,” he said giving her thighs a squeeze, “but I love you just the way you are and anyway you want, so long as you’re healthy and happy,” he smiled as he went nearer to waters edge. 

 

“Shall we go towards that rock towards the end, we can sit there and watch the sun rise.”

 

Jihyo gave a acquiescent grunt and they made their way while he started humming December.

 

“I love this song but it’s so sad,” she paused and whispered, “Who left you behind? Where did she go?”

 

“When the song came out remember I barely in my 20s I didn’t have much relationships then but I thought I loved my ex. She was from the school beside mine and I always thought we were kinda like Romeo and Juliet cos our schools were always competing. It was silly. We broke up because she decided to leave Anyang for the city. I probably scared her away cos thought I loved her and I proposed. I thought that getting married was the only way to prove that. Can you imagine how young we were, and how sill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter