Gary POV: The Commander who lost the battle, And the Ace who holds his heart

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He really didn’t want to be in the middle.

 

It was as clear as day.

 

The side glances, the accidental touches, the teasing, and most of all how attuned they were to each other’s thoughts and presence.

 

Just look the stars in her eyes as he dove down the diving board. Or how her heart beat faster when all he offered was friendship. And when he sings and dance, everyone else seems to melt away.

 

Just hear his tone of voice as he checks in on her as she rubs her eyes and sniffles when they film late at night. Or when he slows down his pace, waiting for her to catch up. And when she sings and dance, how fondly he looks upon her even though everyone cringes. 

 

They would like to think that they didn’t openly flirt or express their liking for each other but it was clear they wanted more, needed more. It was unbearable really seeing two adults (past thirty for goodness sake) skirt around each other and he wondered whose wall would crumble first.

 

His bet was on Jihyo. She was always the braver one in terms of the heart. The world must be blind to think they were real. She has repeatedly said that they were only a couple on Monday. That was as clear as a rebuff could be. Gosh he is the third wheel. 

 

It should sting a little, after all he was supposed to be her on-screen partner but he was more annoyed at them both than at the producers.

 

“But hey, l’ve my own life-partn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter