Seongmoon POV: Speaking the truth

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

His stands in the middle, hoping his familiarity with the man beside him isn't too obvious. Every time he visits it is nerve-wrecking but it is good for his career and it is fun having them all around. After all, for some of them, they are almost family.

 

To his right his sister, to his left, the man who makes her happy.

 

He has always been a proud younger brother, and he can confidently say his sister is the best sister in the world. But of course, never to her face and never in front of TV. Especially in variety. What fun is it, if all he did was praise her to high heavens. No real brother would ever do that, never even when drunk.

 

Considering how private she is, he knew everyone was waiting on him to share some gossip... he would, just not what she would expect - I guess just enough to make her even more intriguing and endearing to people.

 

To the world she is a Goddess, to him, she is his naggy sis. The one who taught him to swear, the one who poured ice water on his face when they fought, chased him with a knife, the one who pulled his hair, bit his shoulder... but also the one who nudges him to smile when he is down, encourages him when another door slams on his face, who opens doors for him, who is staunchly loyal to the family.

 

And honestly, his honesty has helped their ratings and his sister has said that every topic is okay, except about, well them.

 

When she came home one late night/early morning in her dungarees with a silly smile, messy hair and a smudge of dirt on her right temple, he couldn’t help but about it.

 

“I thought you went on Family Outing and it was a rough shoot? Why are you grinning like that? Did you fall and hit your head. Or did you go out drinking after the shoot all dirty like that?” 

“I met him!”

“Who?”

“Yah, Turbo,” she started the dance for Nero, and exclaimed, “Kim Jong Kook!”

 

Ahh his sister and her Kim Jong Kook. She was obsessed with him when she was in her teens and she was close to 30. 

 

“Does he look old now? I heard he is big!”

She smiled and grinned, “He is, and he still looks perfect.” 

 

“Stop drooling, you stink, and Gosh you look horrible,” Seongmoon exclaimed.

 

The next time she got all mooncalf-eyes again was when she was told she would be casted for Running Man.

 

And from then on, Seongmoon had to tolerate her vacillating opinions on the dude, which swung from admiration to frustration. Usually frustration - and when he agrees with her (seriously WTH) that’s when she defends him like she is the only one allowed to talk about her Kim Jong Kook. But nonetheless she talked about him a lot. Sometimes he will tag along their member gatherings too and it was reassuring the members all looked out for one another - especially his silly Mong-sister.

 

When she told the family she was dating Baek, he was shocked cos he really didn’t seem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter