Part 3

Labelling Love [Mini Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter
Part 3: stopping in an alley to tell her you love her

It felt like a distant memory now that months had travelled between you. The first semester came and went, and you both rejoiced passing your exam period with relatively decent scores. Especially considering the hairy beginning to the paper Eunwoo took with you.

“I’m impressed you stared more at your exam paper than at me,” you teased when you finished checking your scores online in your dorm room.

Rolling his eyes, Eunwoo playfully tapped you on the nose. “Some things are more important to focus on.”

“Like your girlfriend?” you prompted and Eunwoo couldn’t stop his lips from spreading into a smile.

“I finished seventeen minutes before you.”

“You watched me all that time?!” you guessed and Eunwoo shrugged before pulling you up from your seat. “What are we doing?”

“We have two whole weeks before our next semester starts. What do you think we’re doing?”

“I swear if you say going to the library or-”

Eunwoo cut you off with a chaste kiss before sending you a dazzling smile. “Pack your bags.”

“What? Why?”

“I’m going home for the holidays. Don’t you want to come with me?”

“And meet your parents?!” you squeaked out, heading over to your wardrobe anyway. Eunwoo slumped down onto your bed and watched as you turned frazzled. You shot him a helpless expression. “I don’t know if I can come.”

“Why not? Who am I meant to stare at whilst I’m away then?”

“Don’t!” you whined outlandishly and stomped your foot. “This is serious! You can’t just spring it on me that we’re going to meet your parents, Eunwoo!”

“Why not? You didn’t tell me I was meeting your mother until you introduced her as that when I joined you for brunch last month.”

“That wasn’t exactly planned, you know.”

“Nor is this. I just don’t want to say goodbye to you now so come with me instead,” he pleaded and you sighed heavily, sweeping your hair up into a messy ponytail before stepping over to him and leaned in for another kiss. Eunwoo gave you three extras for encouragement and you finally nodded.

“Okay, let’s do this.”

He grinned, getting up to help you with the packing. Admittedly he was meant to be going home by himself. However, the idea of leaving you made his chest ache more than logic could reason. Over the months, Eunwoo found himself giving in to the irrational side more often. It was tiring to try and understand how you made him feel as your relationship progressed. In some ways, he knew he was falling in love. But Eunwoo couldn’t figure where the falling had started.

He sometimes mused over the novel idea that it had happened when he first met you.

Still, it was easier not to question himself anymore and just enjoy experiencing each moment.

Which was what he had done for the entire trip home.

Of course, his parents had gushed over your impromptu appearance. Although they knew he had been dating someone this semester, Eunwoo hadn’t gone into great depths over the phone just how serious he felt about you. Again, because he didn’t know what to describe it as.

Now that you were in his childhood house and surrounded by his family, however, Eunwoo realised this was a first for him. He’d never brought someone special home for the holidays, or for any real occasion.

Something his mother hadn’t let him forget about ever since

Please log in to read the full chapter