Part 1

Book 3: Island Flower - Kim Hongjoong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongjoong sat on a boulder and watched the sunset, he had a small smile playing on his lips.

 

He had only been in Jeju for a few days now and this was the first time he actually left the pension he was living at, the first few days he just slept trying to catch up on all the sleep he had missed these past few months.

 

He hummed to a familiar toon that played from the beach bar that wasn’t too far away, he recalled everything that happened these past few months and although he was happy for his friends, he himself felt lost.

 

They all have achieved amazing things so far but yet he was still not sure what he was aiming to achieve, sure he loved writing music but it didn’t fulfill him in the same way it used to, and although he told himself he will figure it out when the time comes but he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about it.

 

He was pulled into his thoughts that the sunset was long forgotten as well as the fact that the bolder he was sitting on was actually close to the ocean and that the ocean was a little wild that day.

 

A loud voice pulled him out of his little bubble but it was already a little late since the moment he snapped out of it a huge wave washed over him leaving him soaked.

 

A laugh caught his attention, he turned his attention to the person laughing and a little shocked there stood a guy, he was almost as tall as Mingi, he had long blond hair that was flowing in the wind, he held his shoes in one hand and he had a tote bag he held in the other.

 

The boy walked closer to him and moved the bag’s strap towards his shoulder, “Never space out on here, you will always end up soaked” the boy told Hongjoong, but Hongjoong was still surprised with the boy’s features, although the boy looked Korean his green eyes and blonde hair really threw Hongjoong off.

 

“Oh yeah, I spaced out…” Hongjoong said trailing off as he looked at himself, his clothes were soaked, and he didn’t know how he would get back to the pension like this, since no one would allow him to get on the bus or even into a taxi if he looked like this.

 

“Do you live far from here?” the boy asked him.

 

“A little? I’m staying in a pension that’s about 30 minutes away by bus” Hongjoong told the boy.

 

“They won’t let you get on with wet clothes…” the boy said with a frown, but before Hongjoong could say anything a young girl ran up to the boy.

 

“Lotus oppa, mommy says to come home,” the young girl said, she was quite similar to the boy Hongjoong realized, but she had black hair in place of his blonde and she also had the green eyes he did.

 

“Okay Rosie,” he said patting the little girl’s head, he looked towards Hongjoong.

 

“Would you like to come with me? You can take a shower and lend some of my clothes while we wait for your’s to dry” the boy - Lotus - asked Hongjoong.

 

“Uhm, Sure, sounds better than getting sick out here,” Hongjoong said with a shrug, he knew that he probably shouldn’t just go with someone he didn’t know but something told him that Lotus was someone he could trust.

 

Hongjoong joined the two siblings and walked with them, and quickly realized that they actually lived right across the road from the beach.

 

“Oh, I’m Hongjoong by the way,” He told the boy, as they got closer to his house.

 

“I’m Yonjin, nice to meet you Hongjoong” 

 

“Yonjin? But she called you Lotus?” Hongjoong aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter