Four

Accidental Love on a Rainy Night

One day, my jobless older brother broke in my shop and asked me for money. He was drunk and scary as usual. But this time I didn’t have much money left with me so I refused to give him. He got angry and broke many stuffs in my shop. I was crying and begging him but he didn’t care.

 

“Brother, please don’t break my stuff! How do I suppose to run a business after this? I really don’t have money.” I kept begging but he didn’t care. After breaking many of my stuffs, he walked close to me. He squeezed my neck. “Give me money! I need money. You cheap sister, give me!” he yelled at me. “Please, Brother! I’m outside alone and I’ve very little money left. If you take it, how do I suppose to pay for living? Please don’t take it from me!” I tried to explain but he got angrier and raised his hand intending to hit me. Suddenly someone arrived and grabbed his hand on time.

“Let go of her!”

My brother and I turned to look at the man who was saving me. “Aron-shi!” I exclaimed.

“Let go of her! Why are you hitting a little girl like this? Should I call a cop?” Aron-shi angrily yelled at my brother. My brother released my neck and turned to Aron-shi. He looked so mad at Aron-shi and looked like he was going to beat Aron-shi. I was worried so I grabbed his hand. “Brother, don’t make problem more than this!”

“Brother?” Aron-shi exclaimed.

“Let go of me! I’m gonna kill this crazy man. How dare you disturb me! DIE!” my brother finished saying then rushed to beat Aron-shi on face. Aron-shi fell on the floor. My brother came above him and kept beating him. Aron-shi didn’t fight back at all. I tried to pull my brother to stop but I was useless.

“Brother, stop it! Don’t beat him! He knows nothing.” I kept crying.

A moment later, the same man who said he is Aron-shi’s secretary came in and helped Aron-shi.

“No, Dongho, don’t beat him!” Aron-shi quickly warned his secretary. Mr. Secretary went to help carry Aron-shi to stand up. I hurriedly went to help carrying him too.

“Haewon, give me money! I need money.” My brother kept yelling crazily and started breaking my stuffs again. I could do nothing besides crying.

 

“How much do you need?” Aron-shi suddenly asked, got all of us shocked.

“Really? Haha will you give me? Oh you look so rich. Is he your new man, Haewon? Was he the man you slept with that day, my cheap sister?” my brother reminded my shameful story again. I became more painful and cried louder.

“Tell me how much do you need?” Aron-shi asked him again.

“10.000$!” my brother replied.

“Fine! I’ll give you 100.000$ in cash. But with just one condition, you must stop coming to make trouble to your sister again.” He said, got us jaw dropped.

“100….. 100.000$? In cash?” my brother exclaimed with his greedy behaviors. “Ok ok I promise. Give me the money!”

Aron-shi turned to his secretary. “Dongho, take him with you to get 100.000$ in cash and buy him some nice clothes too!” he gave order to his secretary. His secretary quickly took my brother to go on the car with him.

 

“Aron-shi, you really give him that big amount of money?” I asked in shock.

“Yes because I don’t want to see you in hard time because of him again. I hope this money will help him to do a small business to support his life.” He replied with a bitter smile as his lips got bleeding from being beat earlier.

“Oh you’re bleeding. Have a seat here! I’ll clean it for you.”

I said then rushed to take treatment stuff from my closet.

 

I was carefully cleaning the wound on his forehead, cheek then lips. He kept looking at me with a smile.

“Aren’t you hurt? How can you keep smiling like this?” I asked. He burst out laughing. “Ahh… it’s hurt.” His lips got bleeding again because of laughing. “Don’t move your lips too hard! The wound is quite big. I’m really sorry instead of my brother.” I carefully cleaned the blood from his lips again.

“For you, it’s fine!” he whispered sweetly. It made me touched. Our faces were very close and the way he was saying was so sweet so I couldn’t take off my eyes on him. We were looking at each other for a while then he started moving his face closer to me until his lips touched mine. I was lost. I couldn’t react or protest him. He slowly rubbed on my lips and slowly wrapped his arms over my waist. I wanted to protest but suddenly I felt so familiar with the kiss so I kept being quiet and tried to feel the kiss more. I clenched my fists to control myself not to return the kiss but my patience was likely to lose soon. He was too sweet. Even Jonghyun wasn’t this sweet to me. This is how American kisses?.....

Luckily, I could control myself until he finished the kiss.

“Is it too fast if I ask you to date me, Haewon-shi?” he confessed. It made me more lost. Yes it was too fast. We only knew each other around 2 weeks…..

“…Aron-shi, you know about my recent shameful story, right? Why would you ask me to date you?”

He burst out smiling. “American doesn’t care about ity. I love you the way you are. Can you be my girlfriend? I’ll take care of you and cure all your pain, I promise.”

I got stuttered in mind then I tried to escape his eye contact. “But I still love my boyfriend. I think he will forgive me and come back to me soon. I’m sorry Aron-shi. I can’t date with you.” I rejected him.

“It’s fine. I won’t force you. I’ll wait more. If he doesn’t come back to you then come to me anytime.” He said with showing me a fine smile. I became relieved that I didn’t hurt him.

-----

After that day, Aron-shi came to my shop almost every day. He came with something to give me and always bought my flowers then gave to me back. He kept saying he still waits for me to accept him and he doesn’t force me. At this rate, I felt fine to see him. We sometimes went out for a dinner together then he drove me home.

-----

One day, I got a phone call from Jonghyun. He called to ask me out to make up. I was in half-excited and half-sad. I almost lost my hope on him but he suddenly called to beg for making up, saying that he couldn’t move on and live without me. To be honest, since the day he forced me to go to hospital with him, I have lost a lot of love for him already. However, I agreed to make up with him and we decided to celebrate our marriage as plan. But the problem is his family still didn’t agree to accept me.

-----