Three

Accidental Love on a Rainy Night

“Please have mercy on me! Don’t, don’t do like this to me! I’m getting married soon. Please spare me! Don’t!!!”

I had another nightmare about being forced by that stranger again. I felt like dying. I was all alone. At this state, I didn’t know how longer I could carry on. If not scared till die maybe scared till become crazy for sure. Being haunted by the same dreams every night, waking up and cry, not being able to fall asleep again… This is how I’m living right now.

-----

Today the weather was so nice. It didn’t rain at all. There were a few clients came and I felt a bit better by being busy.

While I was talking with a client, there was another client came in. I quickly turned to welcome. “Welcome to Fairy Flower Shop!” it was that man, Aron. I felt a bit uneasy after running from him at the restaurant on the other day but he gave me a slight bow and kept smiling to me. I made hand gesture to invite him to have a seat on the couch because I had to finish with my client first.

After finished with my client, I got Aron a glass of water then sat on the opposite side.

“I’m sorry for running all of a sudden that day. I just felt so unwell so…..” I was stuttering, apologized to him.

He waved his head and gave me a fine smile. “No, it’s okay. I was too much too. I shouldn’t remind about your bad memories. I’m sorry, Haewon.”

I gave him a small smile back. We continued chit-chatting about random topics.

 

*Ting Ting* (bell ringing sound)

I quickly stood up to welcome my other client.

“Jonghyun!” it was Jonghyun. I rushed to him.

“Jonghyun, you came to see me? Have you stopped being angry with me already?” I was so excited to see him. I held his hand tight.

“Let’s go to hospital with me, Haewon!” he said. I was shocked. “Why? Why do we go to hospital, Jonghyun?” I innocently asked.

“To check if you were really .” He replied firmly. I felt so hurt. I released my hand from him and stepped back a few steps from him. “No, Jonghyun! I won’t go. I was really . Why should I need to confirm that? It’ll hurt me more.” I cried.

“If you were really innocently , I’ll still continue our marriage.”

He said something that hurt me so much. I cried louder. “Jonghyun, you think I lied to you? Do you think I call a man to do dirty thing inside my shop?” I felt so hurt and upset.

He didn’t reply. He kept staring at me with scary eyes. A moment later, he grabbed my hand. “Go with me! I have right to clarify it.” He shouted and forced me to go with me. I tried to protest. “No, Jonghyun! Please don’t add more pain to me! I don’t want to go. Please Jonghyun!” I kept protesting and crying to beg him.

 

“It’s enough. She doesn’t want to go. Don’t force her! Can’t you see how scared she is? Let go of her if you really love her.” Aron-shi who was sitting, watching us for the whole time came to grab Jonghyun’s hand to stop forcing me. I seized chance to escape from Jonghyun and went to hide behind Aron-shi.

“Who the hell are you? I’m her fiancé. It’s our problem. Stay out of this case!” Jonghyun angrily shouted at Aron-shi.

“I’m her regular client. Even if you’re her fiancé, you don’t have right to force what she doesn’t want to do like this. She looks broken both physical and mental. As a lover, you should find way to comfort her not adding more pain to her like this.” Aron-shi shouted back.

“Fine! Then let’s finish our marriage right here, Haewon! I was giving you a chance but you denied it yourself. Take this ring back and let’s end everything!” Jonghyun said then took off the engaged ring from his finger then threw on the floor in front of us. “Thanks for the pain, Haewon-shi!” he dropped his tears then left.

“Jonghyun, Jonghyun…..” I was calling him with guilty but he didn’t turn back. I felt so sorry for the pain I gave him. We loved each other so much if not I was careless that night…..

 

I walked to pick up the ring that was thrown by him earlier. I held it and cried. “Jonghyun, I’m sorry. I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

Aron-shi patted my back to console him. At this point, I was glad to have him. He was right. My mental isn’t stable. If not he helped me to get rid of being dragging to hospital with Jonghyun, I could be worse than this. I felt so scared. Jonghyun gave me a chance to proof myself but at the same time I felt hurt because it meant he didn’t trust me.

-----

After the day Jonghyun came to me and we got into the fight, I fell into a heavy ill. I couldn’t go to my shop for a few days. I was alone at the house and rested. Sometimes I was thinking of committing suicide but I tried to think positive.

After a few days, I went back to work and it was raining again. Probably, even the sky knew my feeling and accompanied me to cry. It has been 2 weeks now after that accident happened that night but I still couldn’t recover from it even a little. Sometimes I wished not to see that heartless guy again but sometimes I wished to see him and let him see how he made my life in this state.

 

*Ting Ting* (bell ringing sound)

“Welcome to Fairy Flower Shop!” I quickly collected my soul and smiled to welcome my client.

“Oh Aron-shi?”

“Hello, Haewon!” he smiled to me. “Can I take a shelter here?” he asked the question he always asked. It made me smile. I nodded and invited him to have a seat on the couch.

“It has been a few days you didn’t open your shop. Are you okay?” he worriedly asked. I was a bit surprised. So he came to find me every day?.....

“Oh I was sick so I took rest.” I replied. He became more worried and rushed to touch my forehead.

“I think you still have fever. Let me take you to hospital! I’ll call my driver here.” He said as he was dialing on his phone.

“Oh no no! I’m fine. You don’t have to do that for me.” I quickly rejected. He put his phone in his pocket back.

“Are you sure?” he asked to confirm again. I nodded and forced a fine smile to him.

We started chit-chatting about random things again then before leaving, he asked about what kind of flower to give to a patient. I recommended him roses, carnations and chrysanthemums. He chose roses again. I packed it for him nicely.

“How is it? Do you like it?” I asked him while showing the flowers to him.

He received it to check then gave me a thumb up. “Like before, charge it 10 times to original price.” He handed me his credit card.

“Uhm, I don’t think I should accept this big amount of money. I’ll just charge the original price.”

“In U.S, we have culture to give tip so charge it 10 times.” He insisted. I couldn’t refuse so I accepted it.

 

After paying the bill, I sent him off at entrance.

“Thanks for coming today! Please have a nice day!” I bowed to say good-bye like I always did to every client.

“Here you go! I wish you would be recovered soon. Don’t overwork yourself and don’t think much!” he handed me the flowers he has just bought. I frowned looking at him curiously. “I bought this flower for you. You’re a patient. Please take it!” he insisted. I slowly received. “Put it in your room to make you feel better! Take care! See you next time!” he said then left.

I got lost. I didn’t manage to speak any word to him. So he bought flowers from me twice and just to give me? Why would he do that?..... he doesn’t look like a bad man. He was always in neat, expensive suit but his sudden appearance and kindness to me is really weird. He even knew I came to work or not. Is he stalking me? But what for?..... the questions about him kept increasing more and more but I didn’t manage to find out any answer yet. Perhaps, he was sent by god to cheer me up during this hard moment?

-----

Next day, while I was working at my shop, there was a young man came in. I welcomed him as I thought he came to buy flowers. But he introduced himself as the secretary of CEO Kwak which he meant Mr. Kwak Aron and gave me some meal, fruits and vitamins. He said his boss told him to give to me and said he would be away for a few days.

“Why would he do that?” I questioned myself.

-----

Like Mr. Secretary said, I didn’t see Aron-shi came to my shop for 3 days now. I felt a bit lonely not to see him. “Isn’t it crazy? Why do I feel lonely not to see him? He’s still a stranger to me…..”

-----