filler: i fell in love tonight

rocket in my head brings me back to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, why do you look constipated?” Yujin asked. She couldn’t help but giggle at her older friend who’s sitting across her. Chaewon took a deep breath and leaned on the backrest of the chair before taking her cup on .

 

“Why’d you ask to meet, Yujin?”

 

“Why? Is there something wrong meeting up with my favorite unnie?” she playfully asked, wriggling her eyebrows. The older rolled her eyes before putting her cup back on the table.

 

“There’s nothing wrong meeting up with me but why the hell here? You never, like never ever, asked to meet up in a disgustingly tidy and overpriced coffee shop for a casual hangout. And for the record, I accepted a long time ago that your favorite unnie is not me. So, what’s up, Yujin-ah?”

 

Yujin leaned back at her seat with her arms crossed, pursing her lips in a thin line causing her deep dimples to show up. She intently studied Chaewon’s face noting the black circles forming under her eyes for a second.

 

“You look tired, unnie.”

 

“Because I am, now tell me what’s up,” Chaewon took a sip of her latte again. Of course, she’s tired--- emotionally, especially. She’s been caught up with an affair, to make it worse, the woman who’s in a relationship with her friend across the table.

 

The younger’s eyes squinted before turning at the window to look outside noting the fine weather outside.

 

“The weather is good today,” Yujin softly said before solemnly turning again to Chaewon, “why don’t you tell me what’s up, Chaewon-unnie?”

 

Chaewon froze at her seat. She recognized the underlying message of the younger. She somehow knew this is coming although she wished it didn’t.

“Minju…” Yujin looked down at her cup.

“It was a fine day like this when we first met. She was groggily running because she woke up late for her class, a major subject,” the younger had a small smile on her face, reminiscing the old times,  “then as cliché as it sounds, she bumped into me. My laptop fell and she was so sorry that she cried.”

 

“Can you believe it? It’s been more than three years. We were just students back then. Here I am right now, some kind of young rising film producer while she’s a song writer and composer. We’ve been together for almost two years.”

 

Chaewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter