yenyul: ain't here

rocket in my head brings me back to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night was getting deep. It was unusually chilly for a summer night.  Yena was sitting in a swing found in a secluded part of the resto-bar garden, silently enjoying the canned beer she was holding. From there, she still has a clear view of Yuri, who was singing along with the melody of guitar she was strumming, in the small podium.

 

Yuri looked so beautiful and serene under the warm little yellow lights that were illuminating the place. There were some shadows casting over her face but those only sharpened her features. Her hands languidly strummed the strings of her already five-year old guitar- the guitar Yena gave to her on their first month of being together.

 

 

 

She was so beautiful.

 

 

 

And it was almost heartbreaking.

 

 

“Hey. Sorry, did you wait long?” Yuri asked while putting her guitar back to its case to Yena who was approaching her.

 

Yena smiled at her.

 

“It’s fine. I enjoyed watching you, anyway.”

 

Yuri took a step towards Yena to kiss her right cheek and frowned when she noticed a faint smell of beer.

 

“Did you drink?”

“Just a can,” the older tried easing her.

“Tsk,” Yuri glared at her. Whatever, let’s go?”

 

Yena nodded. They bade farewells to some of people they could recognize as they made their way to Yena’s car beside Yuri’s.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you to always check on your gasoline level? You never listen.” Yena said as soon as they entered her car. Yuri, who was putting her guitar at the backseat, just tiredly hummed in response.

 

“I’m serious,” Yena turned to look at the other girl as she fast on her seatbelt. You can’t just always ask me to pick you up every time your car won’t start because of that. I get tired from work too.”

 

“Sorry for bothering you. I’m just going to take the cab then,” Yuri snapped at her. She unbuckled her seatbelt and tried to open the door to get out but Yena was quick enough to push the lock button.

 

“What do you think you’re doing? Stop being ridiculous, Yuri!”

 

Yena brushed her face in annoyance and frustration. The other girl sharply looked at her- so sharp that Yena didn’t notice the hurt reflected in her eyes.

 

“I’m always ridiculous in your eyes, Yena!”

 

 

Yena leaned back at her seat, hands holding the stirring wheel. While Yuri crossed her arms as she looked out of the window. They sat in silence for good few minutes.

 

Until Yena loudly breathed out as she looked at Yuri. She extended her right arm and stuck out her pointing finger. She stopped extending her arms when her finger was only one-inch away from Yuri’s left cheek.

 

“Yuri,” she tried calling and waited for the younger to turn to her.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes at the other girl’s attempt. She didn’t turn to face Yena.

“I know what you’re doing,” she said, looking at the side mirror. You’re so childish.”

 

Yena sighed and put her hands back to the stirring wheel.

 

“Yuri, look. I’m sorry, okay?” She unbuckled her seatbelt to face the girl beside her.

“Hey,” she reached for Yuri’s face. Say something.”

 

Yuri looked at her in the eyes, searching for something missing. Then bravely, the question she had been dreading to ask slipped out of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter