hyeyul: champagne kiss

rocket in my head brings me back to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyewon tried so hard to remember what she did so wrong against the universe to be treated this way. She just received a month suspension from the company she was in because she was forced to take the fall for the mistakes of someone higher than her.

 

That’s how she found herself sitting alone in a stool with ridiculously overpriced liquor in her hand. She frowned when she felt the drink draw burning line in .

 

Trying to ease her mind off the unfortunate events that happened to her, Hyewon wandered her eyes around the sophisticated and nicely dimmed bar. There was a man on his 40s that was enjoying his dark liquor, his necktie was loose, hair slightly disheveled. Hyewon started guessing about his day.

 

Rough day at work,

 

Flat tires,

 

Missed the parking space,

 

Didn’t get to eat lunch- ‘oh that’s horrible’ she shuddered at the thought.

 

Her list continued until someone whispered in her ear.

 

“He’s getting a divorce.”

 

Hyewon turned to the owner of the voice only to meet the eyes of the newly arrived woman. Their close proximity was making her feel dizzy, like literally. It’s like she was wearing a highly graded eyeglasses. She could feel the hair at the back of her neck raised up as the girl blew a hot air on her right ear.

 

The woman moved back and Hyewon finally got to see her whole image. Her hair was dyed in red. She was wearing a black dress that stops on her mid-thigh. She put her dark brown coat on the counter as she took the seat beside Hyewon who was just staring at her.

The red-head called for the bartender to order her drink.

 

 “How’d you know that?” Hyewon asked as she played with the drink in her hand when realize she was staring too long.

 

The red head turned to look at her, “Saw his wedding ring on the counter,” she nonchalantly answered. 

 

“Good observation,” Hyewon complimented lightly which earned a chuckle from the other woman.

 

Hyewon didn’t know how to continue the conversion with the woman or if it was welcome for her so she just opted to aid the drink in her hand in silence. She silently counted the bottles of liquor displayed in the bar, contemplating what to try next when she come back someday. Her train of thought was again cut off when the woman beside her called her attention.

 

“Do you not recognize me, Kang Hyewon?”

 

Hyewon tried recalling where she possibly seen the girl she was talking to. She looked at the red head and noticed the lone mole on her cheek and another evident mole near her collar. Her dark orbs and the way a smile made its way to her lips felt so familiar.

 

 

That’s when it hit her.

 

 

Jo Yuri

 

 

The last fling she had during university days, when she was on her 3rd year. Things were going really well between them.

 

It was -- until Hyewon suddenly ghosted the girl because her ex-girlfriend, Eunbi asked to get back together with her.

 

 

Don’t get her wrong.

 

 

Hyewon really liked Yuri back then. It’s just that, there was this huge space in her heart that only Eunbi could fill. Perhaps it was the memories they shared together, perhaps it was the sense of familiarity, perhaps it was the lingering feelings she still had for the girl that made Hyewon chose her over the new potential lover.

 

Funny, few months after getting back together, Hyewon and Eunbi decided to e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter