ssamyen: right in front of my jjampong?!

rocket in my head brings me back to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yena just finished reading through some animal research journal and was comfortably half lying and half sitting on the couch of her and her other two friends’ shared apartment. It’s not really super fancy apartment, just enough for the three of them to still have their own spaces.

Hyewon, her accountant, and Yujin, her producer friends were out doing their work stuff and she’s not really expecting any of them to be home tonight just as they already said earlier that day. So she cautiously looked at the door in case some thief barged in when she heard it beeped. Just then, a tired looking Chaewon made her way towards Yena’s direction.

“Oh. You’re here,” Yena said out of well, just for the sake of saying something.

She dropped her sling bag on the coffee table before disregarding her long beige coat and sitting slightly far from Yena who felt relieved that it was just Chaewon and not some thief. She’s just too tired and will most probably just let a thief get on their way without putting much fight if ever.

The newly arrived girl then laid her head down on Yena’s lap before closing her eyes. Yena almost automatically brushed Chaewon’s hair with her hand tenderly.

Chaewon and Yena have known each other since their university days. Chaewon became her roommate on her freshman year before moving out of the dorm and decided to rent a nearby crappy apartment with her friends since it’s cheaper that way.

They kept in touch even after that since they really got along well, not to mention sharing some mutual friends. Chaewon also shared some classes with Yujin so meeting with her was inevitable.

“You look so tired. Did you drive?” Yena asked in concern.

“No. Eunbi-unnie dropped me off,” Chaewon answered with her eyes closed before sitting up. She scooted closer to Yena, nuzzled her head on the crook of latter’s neck and wrapping her arms around her.

“Have you eaten yet?”

Chaewon just shook her head to answer. Yena reached for her phone to order some take outs.

They stayed on that position until the delivery arrived.

….

They were eating in silence when Yena choked as she suddenly remembered the date Yujin and Hyewon forced her to go to tomorrow.

“Oh, right. Are you free tomorrow?”

“I think I can already go home around 5, why?” Chaewon answered after mentally checking her schedule.

“Yujin set me up on a date again.” Yena said while trying to pick some side dishes up.

“What kind of creep is it going to be this time?” the other girl before taking a bite.

“Yah! Let that pass already, it’s been a month,” the older protested, pouting her lips. Chaewon rolled her eyes. “Just tell Yujin and Hyewon to stop setting you up with some random stranger.”

Yena paused eating momentarily, considering the girl she’s about to meet, “I think she’s decent though. Yujin told me it’s one of Minjoo’s colleagues. She’s like composer or producer something, a music people.”

“Fine, what time is it going to be?”

“Maybe around seven?”

“Okay. Pick me up from my apartment, then.”

….

Yena’s sporting a loose plain white long sleeved button up blouse, faded blue maong shorts, and a pair of white air max shoes. She decided to have her almost white colored hair down. As agreed, she picked Chaewon up from her apartment who settled to wearing a white skater’s skirt, partnered with peach cottony long sleeved top and white sneakers.

Reaching the place she and her date’s supposed to meet, the two beauties got out of the car. It’s a place famous for hotpots and Korean delicacies. And as usual, it’s Yena who entered first with Chaewon following few minutes after to keep her distance and to go unnoticed by whomever Yena’s date is.

Yena scanned the place. She wouldn’t really have a hard time spotting a red-headed girl as the hair itself should already stand out, but she was having one.

“Excuse me. Did you notice a red-haired girl?” Yena asked the staff that’s passing her. The staff looked like she’s trying to recall where she saw a certain red-haired girl before gesturing Yena to the secluded part of the restaurant.

Noticing that it was indeed a secluded part, Yena turned to find Chaewon from the crowd. She’s starting to think that her date’s probably a ert if not a creep for choosing that part. Just then, Chaewon who’s already sitting near the table of the red-haired girl catch her eyes. The younger pointed at someone using her pouted lips, right. Yena’s date.

Yena gathered her courage to finally walk towards the said girl.

“Hi, are you perhaps Kim Minjoo’s friend?”

“Yes, hello. I’m Jo Yuri.” She stood up, slightly bowing her head.

“I’m sorry I’m late. I’m Choi Yena, nice to meet you.” Yuri gestured at the seat in front of her for Yena to take. They both sat down and settled after their quick introduction.

Yena found the other girl really cute.

“I’m sorry but, is this spot okay? The lightning on other area is too bright for me. I hope you don’t mind.” Yuri asked in consideration.

“Oh. That’s fine, it’s too bright for me too,” Yena mindlessly closed her eyes then opened them as quick, shaking her head a little bit. “Bright lightning hurts my eyes.” Yuri chuckled in amusement.

….

Chaewon was already used to accompanying Yena on her blind dates. More often than not, Yena gives Chaewon the signal to help her get out of the date but she never meddles immediately after Yena’s signal because she finds it so funny. She purposely prolongs Yena’s suffering with her date just to tease the older, except when she senses that Yena’s really uncomfortable or in danger.  

To Chaewon’s dismay, it looks like Yena’s date was going pretty well. They’re talking for like an hour now, not to mention all the smiles and laughs coming from the both of them, most of all, Yena just ordered a ing dessert- something that doesn’t normally happen to Yena’s previous dates.

‘They’re clicking so well.’

An ugly feeling slowly made its way to her heart.

Jealousy.

Before she knew it, she’s already standing in front of the two girls she’s been watching in her whole stay.

“Yah. Come on, let’s go.”

Yena’s dates were supposed to be funny, sometimes scary or creepy even, a total failure; but they’re not supposed to go this well, not when Chaewon mustered the courage to finally ask Yena out and put an end to their running around game. Of course, she knew Yena feels the same way.

Yena randomly blurted out her feelings to her in the party after their graduation but they never got the chance to talk it out since Yena needed to attend seminars here and there, and Chaewon eventually got busy after Eunbi hired her as their fashion designer when she opened her own clothing line.

Things didn’t really change after that. Yena even forgot about the ‘confession’ she made to Chaewon, that’s how busy she was. They continued being friends with a little bit of flirting. Yena never failed to include Chaewon on her priority list.

Maybe that’s why despite of Yujin and Hyewon’s attempt to force Yena to go on dates often, Chaewon didn’t mind it that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter