Dilemma

Needle to the heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun huffed as she entered her girlfriend’s apartment for the night, feeling sleep overcome her she lazily kicked her shoes off and trudged to the bedroom where she found Seungwan sketching. Tempted to just flop on the bed and pass out she b-lined to the bathroom to wash up. After freshening up the raven girl tucked her head into her girlfriend’s neck letting her shallow breathes lull her to sleep but not before asking about her day.

 

“It was fairly average, I suppose. Some businessman from an investment company came over and tried to discuss making Botanical a franchise; he was persistent but the guy didn’t get the message that I wasn’t interested. He left with one of his sleazy smiles whilst slipping me his business card which now has made its way to the bin where it belongs”

 

Seungwan expressed with a huff of annoyance whilst recalling the encounter from earlier.

 

“Why would you turn him down? This could be a good opportunity for your shop to get some exposure”

 

“We get enough exposure already, I’m practically insta famous, we are in a prime location and our monthly numbers are fine so I don’t think we need his assistance”

 

“Yes, I understand that Wen but think about it, Botanical could get huge after this, it might even become a franchise”

 

“I have no intentions of making a franchise; small business means better quality…I’m an artist not a businesswomen Hyun”

 

“Well can’t you at least meet up with him and listen to what he has to say?”

 

Seungwan was becoming more and more heated as Joohyun poked further into a matter that frankly didn’t concern her.

 

“I’m simply not going to waste my time in a stuffy office filled with men in pretentious suits who went to snobby collages looking down on me especially when I know exactly what he’s going to tell me. I could be doing many more important things like seeing clients”

 

“Bu-“

 

“I’m done talking about this. Goodnight.”

 

The short haired blonde then turned over in complete annoyance at the girl beside her. After some time Joohyun felt not an ounce of tiredness in her body and hearing the tiny breaths from her sleeping girlfriend she had an idea.

 

The raven tip toed out of bed as sneakily as she could and made her way to the bathroom where she crouched down the inspect the bin. Luckily, the bin was rid of any other waste otherwise Joohyun would have instantly ceased her plan and gone back to bed. She’s too pretty to be sieving through trash. Her eye was on the prize as she pocketed the crumpled business card that read Hwang Investments Co. she lightly skipped back to bed ready for a peaceful sleep as she formulated her plan.

 

“Hello is that Mr Kang?”

 

“Speaking”

 

“Hi, yes. My name is Bae Joohyun a representative on behalf of Botanical tattoos and piercings I was wondering if we could meet?”

 

-----

 

The next day at the shop was fairly uneventful for Seungwan she was still slightly miffed about her conversation with her girlfriend the night before but she decided to be mature and put it behind her which resulted in an awkward breakfast where the only sound was of her crunching her burnt toast. Joohyun left first saying she had to help Sooyoung open up the café and that she would meet Seungwan for lunch later. After arriving at the shop she was dreading this particular appointment; she looked to her right and noticed the shivering lanky kid who probably turned 18 yesterday and was desperate to get their first ink – she remembered getting the DM from the boy a couple of weeks back seeing the adventurous dragon design he wanted on his back, Wendy was sure it would hurt for a first timer but the boy was persistent.

 

“Hey champ, you ready for today?” Seungwan patted the teen with a friendly smile

 

Gulping loudly, Wendy could see the sweat trickle down his face as he nodded a yes.

 

“Great, let’s head to my office and get you ready to go” the pair went upstairs leaving Seulgi to man the counter until Saeron and Yeri arrived. The chime sounded and Seulgi’s eyes instantly bunched together as a result of her megawatt smile.

 

“Hey babe, what brings you here on this fine early morn?”

 

“Can’t I come see my girlfriend whenever I want?” there was a pregnant pause as the couple just stared blankly at each other.

 

“Umm yeah I guess, but we left home together…it’s been 30 minutes since I’ve last seen you” Seulgi chuckled at her girlfriend’s antics

 

“Fine you caught me, I’m here on my coffee run. Thought I’d stock you up with some refreshments seeing as I haven’t opened up the café yet” the tall beauty with voluptuous bangs said as she placed a range of drinks onto the countertop. Seulgi got excited when she saw the special chocolate chic frappe that Sooyoung makes especially for her.

 

“Really? I thought Joohyun came in early to help open up, at least that’s what Wan said”

 

“That’s weird because she asked for the morning off” the couple looked at each in confusion but ultimately decided it was none of their business and that they should not impose on other people’s relationship.

 

Sooyoung then leant over the counter to peck her girlfriend goodbye and headed out and greeted the giddy young couple who were walking in at the same time.

 

“You’re both late”

 

“Well like I always say Seulgi unnie better late than pregnant” Yerim cackled at her own joke as her apologetic lovebird bowed in apology.

 

“We’re literally all lesbians Yerim. Come in late again and I'll fire you”

 

"You're not even paying me in the first place!" 

 

And that is how a typical morning at Botanical starts

 

-----

 

Seungwan exited her office whilst stretching out her arms after that gruelling 5 hour session; just as she expected the young lad wouldn’t stop squirming and needed a break every 10 minutes but he gave her a good tip so she can’t complain. Taking out her phone she flicked through all the necessary notifications and she smiled at she read her Joohyun’s message.

 

Hyun: I get off in an hour and after lunch let’s get bubble tea. Love you <3

 

This girl really knows the way to my heart Seungwan thought. Whilst on her way to the pantry she started typing a reply

 

Wan: Flattery will get you nowhere Ms Ba-

 

Looking up to make sure she didn’t walk into the door it was in this moment Seungwan knew…she ed up.

 

“WHAT THE YERIM, THIS ROOM IS FOR EATING FOOD NOT T-THAT” Seungwan was mortified she just wanted a bowl of ramyun not an eyeful of her cousin . The blonde has her back turned to the couple and dropped her voice at least two octaves.

 

“I’m going to act like this didn’t happen, I’ll be in the front of the shop but please keep it in your pants and wait until you get back to the dorms. I can’t deal with a pair of kids I already have to deal with Sooyoung trying to feel up Seul whenever she’s in the shop” Seungwan sighed.

 

“Sorry unnie”

 

“We’re really sorry boss”

 

Seungwan headed to where Seul was at the front of the shop, the bear seemed to sense her tired aura and nudged her best friend.

 

“What’s got you in a fit?”

 

“I don’t know Seul maybe just seeing my cousin going to town with her girlfriend in the pantry. I’m never eating off that counter again” sarcasm dripping from the girl’s voice. Seungwan slapped the laughing bear’s shoulder telling her to ‘knock it off’.

 

Just at that moment the two red cheeked girls came to take their positions and actually do their jobs. Seungwan felt her pocket vibrate and frowned at the unknown caller.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Ahh Ms Son, It’s Kang Geun-won speaking from Hwang enterprises”

 

Not this guy again. With an eyeroll Seungwan tried to be polite as possible.

 

“Mr Kang, I appreciate the call but as I said yesterday I’m really not intere-“

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter