Searching

You Left Me On Read
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for coming!” Chanyeol waved as the last customer finally exited the shop. He took a deep breath and leaned against the counter. Running a shop on his own certainly was tiring. Between taking orders and making the drinks, he didn’t have a second to relax. Thankfully Chen would return from his vacation next week. Until then, Chanyeol just had to not burn down the shop.

 

“Chen! Come back already!” he groaned as he started wiping the counter.

 

A day’s worth of coffee droplets stared at him as he scrubbed vigorously at the chrome. He polished the urns, packed away the uneaten food, refilled the condiments, and swept the floors. Finally, after closing and locking the door to the storeroom, Chanyeol sauntered into the backroom. He took off his apron, neatly hanging it on the rack, and pulled on his own coat. While summer still lingered in the air, the nights already started feeling chilly. As he picked up his backpack, his eyes fell on the strange phone. Should he leave it here or take it home with him? He deliberated for a second before pocketing it. Maybe he’d be able to figure out whose phone it was. But right now all he wanted was a hot shower and some dinner.

 

Chanyeol hopped on the metro and rode it for four stops to his apartment. He let himself into the building and took the elevator to the third floor. The elevator smelled like old shoes, but this building was about the best he could afford on his meager coffeeshop salary. The door dinged and creaked halfway open. He sighed and pushed the doors open all the way before exiting the elevator. Walking down the hallway to his suite, he almost tripped over a pile of packages in front of his neighbor’s door.

 

“Can’t you just clean up after yourself?” he mumbled.

 

The dim lightbulb overhead flickered. Chanyeol hurried to his door. The lock stuck a little but he muscled it open and stepped into his small apartment. It really wasn’t much, his dollar didn’t stretch very far in Seoul. To the right was a small kitchenette. A shoebox of a living room sat on the left. A short hallway led to the tiny bedroo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter