Touchscreen

You Left Me On Read
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol fastened the nametag to his apron, making sure this time it was the right way up.

 

“How can you serve the customers if they can’t even read your name?” Chen, his manager, had teased when Chanyeol first started working at the coffee shop.

 

Chanyeol tied the apron strings behind his back. The shop would open in a couple of minutes and he had to make sure everything looked perfect. After all, today would be the first day he was in charge. He glanced at the counter—the pastries he just baked looked delicious underneath their respective glass domes, the shining coffee urns gleamed in the weak morning light, the flowers he arranged earlier made the entire place look more cheerful.

 

“Right, time to do this,” he muttered to himself. He walked to the front door and flipped the sign from “CLOSED” to “OPEN.”

 

Immediately, the small group of people lined up outside hurried in. Chanyeol recognized most of them. They were office workers who worked in the building next door, and many of them dropped by multiple times a day to satisfy their coffee fix. Chanyeol mechanically started pouring out Americanos and lattes, handing them to each worker who tapped his or her phone to the contactless card reader.

 

All of a sudden, excited whispering broke out among the crowd. Chanyeol looked up. A slim boy had walked into the shop and was waiting in line. Chanyeol didn’t recognize him, he wasn’t a regular. The two female customers at the register surreptitiously took out their phones and snapped pictures of him. The boy didn’t seem to notice, engrossed in a newspaper he held.

 

“Oh my gosh, that’s Baekhyun! We’re so lucky! Do you think he’ll sign my coffee cup?” one of the girls in front of Chanyeol squealed.

 

Chanyeol frowned. Who was that? He never kept up with the celebrity gossip. Fads and trends didn’t interest him. So, it was no wonder he had no idea who this Baekhyun was.

 

“Um, ma’am, you’ll have to pay before you take the coffee,” Chanyeol respectfully said as the female customer started to walk away.  

 

She quickly tapped her phone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter