Shots

You Left Me On Read
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol felt like he was watching the scene unfold in slow motion. A second ago, Chen and Baekhyun had been bickering over the waffles. And now Chen had a gun pointed an inch from Baekhyun’s face.

 

“Ch-Chen what’s going on?” Chanyeol babbled.

 

Chen gave a short cruel laugh.

 

“What do you think is going on?” he spat, eyes never leaving Baekhyun’s white face. “I want the passcode to Baekhyun’s phone!”

 

Chanyeol shifted in his seat and Chen immediately tightened his finger on the trigger.

 

“Don’t you move!” he shouted and Chanyeol froze.

 

Baekhyun still hadn’t said a word, eyes wide open and mouth slightly parted.

 

“Well, are you deaf? What’s the passcode?” Chen screamed again, spittle now flying from his mouth.

 

A few flecks hit Baekhyun’s face and he flinched.

 

“Chen,” Chanyeol tried to inject some calm into his voice, “let’s talk about this.”

 

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

 

“Oh, but there is. You don’t want to do this. Think about it, there aren’t any good conclusions for you.”

 

At this, Chen turned around to Chanyeol, gun still aimed at Baekhyun.

 

“I have no choice!” he screamed, eyes full of sheer desperation. “They have my family!”

 

“Who’s they?” Chanyeol soothingly said.

 

“I don’t know, they didn’t give me their names, they just contacted me a few hours ago and told me to come get the passcode!”

 

Chanyeol nodded sagely.

 

“Ah, I see. So you’re not the blackmailer.”

 

Chen shook his head, bangs falling into his eyes. He ran a hand through his hair, making it stand on end as he turned back to Baekhyun. Chanyeol noticed how Chen’s hand, quite steady before, now was shaky. He slowly started shifting his weight to the balls of his feet. Chen didn’t seem to notice, still focused on Baekhyun. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a shadow of a wink and he saw Baekhyun gradually dip his head.

 

“Chen, we can help you. We can help your family. It doesn’t have to be like this,” Chanyeol pleaded, getting closer and closer to Chen.

 

“You can’t help me! No one can! This is the only way!” Chen cried, gun now trembling in midair. “I’m going to count to three. If you don’t give me the passcode, I’ll shoot you!”

 

“I’m afraid I can’t do that,” Baekhyun finally broke his silence.

 

“But you’re going to get shot!”

 

Baekhyun shrugged.

 

“Go on then. You’ve had the time.”

 

But Chen didn’t move. He seemed almost mesm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter