Chapter 5

Lub Dub: The beating heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another year has passed, they grow closer day by day. Wherever Tiffany goes, there will be Taeyeon by her side. People would said she gets herself a loyal and reliable subordinate, but in her eyes he is more than that. When she couldn’t make it to ward, Taeyeon would cover it up for her. When she applied for leave sick, Taeyeon would substitute her place for the whole day without complaint. When her migraine attacked suddenly, Taeyeon would be running to the pharmacy and get her painkillers. When she stuck in operation theatre for 6 hours, Taeyeon would buy her food. When her car breakdown in the middle of night, Taeyeon would take a bus to go to her even though his place is an hour away. Even when on off day, Taeyeon is willing to spend his day with her.
 

Yes, he’s more than subordinate. She didn’t know why, how and when, but she realises that she has fall in love with him. Taeyeon has become precious to her but at the same time, he make it hard for her. She feels that sometimes his ears would turn red when she moved closer, sometimes he shut her off when she pried his life, sometimes she saw he flushed when she gave him a smile and sometimes he would distant himself from her. She wonders if her feeling’s actually is not one-sided. Taeyeon makes her confused. She was too lost in her thoughts until she feels someone’s is holding her arm.

 

“Hey. Watch out where you going!”

 

Taeyeon’s loud voice startled her. Someone bumped into her which makes her lose balance. Luckily he was fast enough to grab her arm, preventing her from falling. They are waiting for the bus. He wants to use his off day to buy something nice for his friend upcoming birthday but the problem is, he doesn’t know what should he give. He asks Tiffany whether she can come along, plus he actually wants to hangout with her too. Thankfully, she finishes her schedule early and able to help him.

 

“You okay?” 

 

Taeyeon asks in concern. She likes it when Taeyeon is worried for her. She feels like he has been watching her all time. Well, it’s normal if you like someone and you want his/her attention so bad. She smile until her eyes gone.

 

“I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Geez. Look who the real clumsy here.”

“Hihihi. I’m clumsy when I’m with you.”

“Oh god. Am I spreading negative vibe?”

“Why? It’s not that bad.”

“Yes it is. I mean, you never show this side of yours when in hospital you know? Like your foolish side when a beggar scammed you or your jealous side when a woman asks me for direction, or you—“

“I’M NOT JEALOUS!”

“Hah! And the way you shouted cutely when you’re angry. Like just now.”

“I’m not shouting cutely. I was born this way! Besides, you don’t like it when I showed you my other sides?”

“No. I lik— i mean, t-the bus! Let’s go.” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

Taeyeon makes her seat while he stands beside. Even though there’s empty seat behind her, he didn’t bother to seat there. She once asked why would he do that and his answers show how gentleman he is.

 

“Why you remain standing when there’s empty seat beside me?”

“You know, some girls are too shy to ask for a seat. Man should never let woman keep standing while he remain seated.”

“Heol. Some girls might think you’re flirting them.”

“That’s the girl problem. They should learn the differences between flirting and being nice. You want a man to treat you bad if being nice is considered as flirting?”

“Err. No.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter