Chapter 4

Lub Dub: The beating heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man trudged to the park. In his hand was a piece of creased paper. He sat at the end of seat wall with a loud sigh, frustratingly stared at the paper.

 

Objective Structural Clinical Examination

 

Station 1: A

Station 2: A

Station 3: A

Station 4: A-

Station 5: A

Station 6: A

Station 7: A

Station 8: A

Station 9: A

Station 10: A

 

GPA: 3.97

 

“What are you looking at?” A cute voice came out of nowhere startled him. 

“What’s that? Omo. Your OSCE results?”

 

Her hand was faster to grab the piece of paper from his hand. 

 

“OH.MY.GOD! This is your result? When you told me you messed up? Are you serious, Kim Taeyeon?”

“There’s ing A- there, Sunny. So close to 4.0! I didn’t make any mistakes. Probably the examiner sabotaged me, as I’m cuter than him.”

“You know what, I managed to get 4As only, the rest were A-.”

“That’s because you exam with female doctors. They were jealous of your beauty.”

“HAHAHAHA. You’re crazy. Should come with better excuses. That’s too delusional.”

“Yeah. Crazy of you.” Taeyeon winked. 

 

They both laughed. Sunny took a seat besides him. They just entered a new semester as medical students of Harvard Medical School. As a 3rd year student, it was compulsory to sit for OSCE examination at the end of the semester. If failed, they can’t enter into 4th year. They must repeat the whole 3rd year, again. It was held in the area with many rooms. Each room was given a patient and student have to get the accurate diagnosis. The examiner will evaluate students’ skill on how they communicate with patients, how they perform a medical procedure on patients, their knowledge and professionalism. All of those must be done in 10 minutes. 

 

“No one gets 4.0, you know. In fact, you scored the highest. Oh I’m so proud of you!”

 

She linked his arm which surprised him. Sunny didn’t like to show off their relationship when they’re in campus. Once, he was pinched because trying to hold her hands at the library. Well, he didn’t want to waste the given opportunity. He leaned towards her and offers his cheek. Instead of kiss, he receives a blow on the head right before she left. He was about to chase her when suddenly he stumbles on the floor. 

 

Thud!

 

“Ouch! What the hell?”

 

Taeyeon opens his eyes. He observes the surrounding and realise he is laying on the floor. The bed beside him made he realises that he fell of the bed while sleeping. He can’t imagine Tiffany’s cracking up if she saw him. 

 

Ah. She’s on my mind again. 

 

These days, he keeps dreaming of his past lover. It all started when he’s in doubt with his feelings toward Tiffany. Memories of them when were in medical school popped out in his sleep, which he can’t understand why. Does that mean Sunny didn’t let him to? Does that mean Sunny’s not happy? Does that mean he disappointed Sunny? He continues sitting on as his mind lost in thought when someone opens the door.

 

“What are you doing down there?”

“Oh. Nothing. Just exercising.” 

 

He stretches his hands to legs. The man standing at the door shakes his head. 

 

“Steph is looking for you.”

“Huh? For what? I thought today’s operations are all finished?”

“Didn’t know, didn’t ask.”

 

He hears distant so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter