Chapter 3

Lub Dub: The beating heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a year since Taeyeon started his specialist training program. He already gained a huge amount of popularity among some of female doctors, nurses and staffs. They would describe him as a mysterious yet kind hearted doctor. He didn’t talk much, when he arrived he would say hello and when he left he would say goodbye. He didn’t like to talk unnecessary things, but if something happened to the staffs, especially people in his department, he will be the second one to ask if he can be any help. The first one of course, it’s Tiffany. Talk about Tiffany, yes. He had been training under her for the past years. He didn’t expected a four-years-old (now five) specialist to be that good. She basically knew every single thing, she’s the female version of Professor Song. No wonder people called her The Great Tiffany (TGT). She has no flaws, she’s perfect to his eyes. She’s a perfect mentor. Spending a whole year together, including Christmas made they become closer. Little did they know, they had developed a new feelings towards each other.

 

Taeyeon is on-call that night. Usually, Tiffany would supervise him but since he’s in second year of residency, Professor Song said he’s ready to work alone. But just in case of emergency, he can contact Tiffany for guide. He is laying on the bed, trying to catch a sleep after performing CPR on a patient. His eyes are about to close when he hears a notification sound. He looks at the sender’s name and immediately smile. 

 

“How you’re doing?”

 

“Fine. Just performed CPR an hour ago.”

 

He sits up, waiting for a reply. He doesn’t feel tired anymore. Seconds later, his phone made another notifications sound.

 

“Did the patient survived?”

 

“Yes. ROSC!!!”

 

Return of spontaneous circulation. It’s a condition when patient’s heart beats again after a cardiac arrest. He remembered the situation again. He was on the way to rest when a patient suddenly collapsed in front of him. Now that if he think again, why that there are always collapsed patients when he is on night duty? He ignored the thought as another message come in.

 

“You’re jinx. Every time you’re on-call alone, there must be at least one cardiac arrest patient. What have you done in your previous life? Hahaha.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter