Chapter 12

Lub Dub: The beating heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ding dong!”

 

“Yeah. Coming!” The man leaves the kitchen to greet whoever coming to his house.

 

He looks at the girl in front of him. She’s wearing a simple white shirt with blue jeans. Her high ponytail reveals her y neck. The cherry red lips on her minimal makeup face attracts his attention. She is mesmerising even in the modest outfit. 

 

“Oi oi. We’re right here, you know?” 

 

A man popped his head from Tiffany’s shoulder. They are all burst into laughter.

 

“Ah. I’m sorry sunbae. Come in.” 

 

They are having farewell party at Taeyeon’s house tonight. At first, they decided to eat at a fancy restaurant but Minseok insisted he wanted to at least visit Taeyeon’s apartment for the first and the last time. He even wanted to buy expensive food and wine for Taeyeon. Unable to decline, Taeyeon finally agreed to the request.

 

“Sit down. I’ll get the food ready.”

 

He sets up a low dining table in the living room. Minseok, Hyoojoo and Professor Song sit down as instructed while Tiffany follows him to the kitchen. She saw his man is in apron and she swears if they’re alone, she would hug him right now. Or maybe worse. 

 

“What are you cooking?” She talks in a cute voice.

 

Taeyeon looks at the girl standing beside him. Her perfume is seducing him to smooch her exposed neck. If not because of the party, he might stopped cooking and eat her instead.

 

“Hmm... Your favourite?”

“Buttermilk chicken?!!” Her high pitched voice appeared.

“Hahaha. That’s right baby.”

“Can I help you with anything?”

“Anything? Here my lips feels itchy.” He pouted his lips.

 

“Ouch!!!” His scream alerts his colleagues in the living room.

“Why why why Kim? Is everything’s alright?” Minseok is peeking from the serving hatch between the kitchen and living room.

“I’m fine. No worries.” He rubs his shoulder.

“Sunbae, can you bring this to the table?” Tiffany asking for help, except the tone is like a command.

“Sure....”

“Ya! You wanna kill me right?” He starts arguing as soon Minseok disappeared. 

“Serves you right. There are people here and you ask for kiss?”

“Who said I asked for a kiss? My upper lip feels itchy I need you to scratch it.”

 

Tiffany face looks slightly abashed. So he is not joking and really asked for help. She needs to leave before he notices her cheeks turning pink.

 

“Uwu. You wanna kiss me? Or you want a kiss?” Taeyeon .

“You didn’t ask for it, right? Merong!” She sticked out her tongue before leaving the kitchen.

 

“Cheers!”

 

The glasses meet in the air with a clinking sound. An orange liquid colour filled one of it, while others are filled with red-purplish liquid. All of them is filled into half except for Tiffany. Hers is just one quarter of the glass. 

 

“It’s a pity Taeyeon can’t drink.” Minseok took another sip of his wine. 

“Well. Intolerance. What else I can do.” 

“Yummy. You’re a good cook, Taeyeon.” Hyojoo praised him. 

“Perfect. Ideal. Man. Girl is lucky to get you.”

“Minseok sunbae, has you drunk already?” They cracked out at Taeyeon question.

 

It’s past midnight, the party is coming to the end. It’s time to leave after having a lot of fun. Everyone excepts Tiffany bids him goodbye and good luck for his upcoming feature. They really looking forward to see him again in the hospital. Tiffany sits on the sofa while waiting for Taeyeon washing dishes. Her head feels heavy, maybe she drinks over her limit. She didn’t realises for how long she has been closing her eyes until she feels someone’s massaging her head. 

 

“Geez. Look at you. That’s why I told you to stop.”

“Hmm...”

“You okay? Need pills?”

“Hmm... Need you...” She sink her head in Taeyeon’s chest.

 

Lub dub

Lub dub

Lub dub

 

She lifts her head, smirking at him. 

 

“What?”

“Am I making your heart skipped a beat?” She placed her hand on his left chest.

 

“Hmm.... Right... It becomes faster.” She looks at his flustered face.

 

“You’re looking at me with that gaze again. Say a word!” She feels her face getting red.

 

She stands up when she received no response from him though she didn’t know where to go. Taeyeon suddenly grabs her hand and takes her to the bedroom. He lays her on the bed.

 

“You’re so hot. I can’t wait any longer.” His forehead is touching hers.

“I didn’t wear anything y.”

“Everything’s look y on you.” His hands now drifted to her hip.

“You’re crazy.” She chuckled.

“Hmm. You’re the one who drives me crazy.” His hands moved to her shirt.

 

“Thank God you’re wearing a shirt.” 

“Why?”

“So that I can you myself.” He smirked as she letting him be.

“Hmm... Baby?”

“Yeah?” His hand now on the last button of her shirt.

“I’m gonna miss you.” 

 

Taeyeon looks at her teary eyes. He is going back to Harvard, to finish the rest of his residency year there as Harvard is his sponsor. After that, he will graduate and finally earn the orthopaedic surgeon’s title. He peck her on the lips.

 

“A little bit more, oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter