Chapter 4

Real and not Pretend : Book 3 — New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, Lisa didn't come home last night. I literally memorized where things are and everything is untouched. AC wasn't on since the time we left yesterday." Chaeyoung replies through her phone — she's currently talking with Jisoo who also called her wondering if Jennie texted her.

She knows her bestfriend didn't come home last night, the house smells empty, Lisa's shoes that she used yesterday aren't in the foyer nor in the racks, her car keys aren't in the bowl, the guest room where Lisa stays is cold and fixed.

Chaeyoung walks out of the guest room and was about to head to her room when she heard the front door opening. She immediately ran down the stairs whilst ending the call with Jisoo. 

 

"Where the hell have you be— hey." She's so ready to start an earful rant but her words were cut short and buried deep down when Lisa looked like she murdered someone.

 

Her eyes were screaming fear, discomfort and .. regret? Chaeyoung is not sure but she knows something probably happened last night that broke her bestfriend's walls. The walls she had been trying to climb but failed to do so.

She slowly approached the woman who's sitting on the couch, her elbows are resting on her knees and her face buried against her hands.

 

"Lisa, what's wrong?" Chaeyoung carefully inquires whilst sitting down right beside the fragile woman, afraid that she might scare or hurt her.

Lisa remains quiet so did Chaeyoung. She knows — the hard way — not to bombard Lisa with questions when she's like this, it's better to wait.

"I ed up." Lisa says, face still on her hands, her voice came out so vulnerable and so low.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't come home after I sent her home."

"Yeah, I know that but what do you mean you F-ed up?"

 

The hands that were once became the wall and protection of Lisa's emotions moved to rake her hairs, slowly and hardly, and turns her face to Chaeyoung who doesn't need any explanation because she immediately knows. Lisa's eyes are screaming everything.

It would be a lie if she'd say she didn't expect this because part of her wanted this to happen last night as soon as she saw them driving off in one car but to see Lisa this broken, torn and lost, she should've stopped the car from driving off. It would've saved her from this sight.

 

 

"Shhh. I'm here.." Chaeyoung's voice came out so soft and gentle that it broke Lisa's last defenses.

Chaeyoung immediately engulfs her bestfriend into a hug, it didn't take her long to hear the latter sniff and feel her breathing turns uneven.

"It's so wrong.. It's so so wrong, Chaeyoung-ah." Lisa says shortly after, she didn't let go of Chaeyoung though. It's like, if Chaeyoung lets her go, that might be her last straw to collapse.

Chaeyoung waited until Lisa had calmed down a little bit before she slowly peeled herself off of the latter, handing her a box of clean tissue sheets. "Did you guys talk?"

Lisa grabs a few pads to clean off herself first before she answers, her eyes are looking at the crumbled used tissue. "No."

Chaeyoung's eyebrows meet and her forehead creases. "What do you mean no?" It only probably took a millisecond for Chaeyoung's mini light bulb to turn on because she then let out a sharp gasp. "Don't tell me you left the house without talking to her?!"

Lisa, hesitantly, slowly nods.

"Lisa!"

"I know! I know! I panicked okay!"

Chaeyoung stood up from the couch and started pacing back and forth, Lisa is still looking at the tissue as if it's the most interesting thing in the world at that moment.

"Jennie unnie isn't some one night stand person, Lisa! You should've not left the house and I don't care if you got blue balls or whatever you call that. Don't give me that stupid reason, you had  and I'm pretty sure you never panicked when you did that!"

Lisa flinched but stays silent.

Chaeyoung grabs her phone and was about to dial Jisoo's number — if Lisa can't fix this then, again, they need to intervene, she and Jisoo will shall do their wonders again — but Jisoo beat her to it. She immediately sets the phone to loudspeaker.

 

 

"Hello, unn—"

"Where the is Lisa?"

Chaeyoung instantly shuddered and Lisa looked up, both of them felt the same thing, fear. Jisoo rarely curse plus her tone was downright scary. Chaeyoung could've sworn she heard a growl there. "Now now, relax. Un—"

 

"How can I ing relax when that woman left Jennie after what they did last night without saying a word? What? Is Jennie just her one night stand thing now? I went over in her house just to see her crying and looking so broken! I swear to God Lisa, if you came here just to do this then go back to Barcelona!!"

The duo could not even utter word anymore, they were rendered speechless. "I did not hold and watch Jennie cry, suffer and get back on her feet for almost 2 years just for Lisa to come in and immediately break her once again!"

Chaeyoung's jaws clenched. Lisa's eyes that were bursting with so much emotions few minutes ago are now back to being cold and empty. When Jisoo heard nothing from the other line, she continues.

"I know you're the instigator, Lisa. Jennie told me everything and you had the audacity to leave her like that? What's so hard in staying and talking it out?! I should've not let you drive her home if you're just going to do th—"

 

 

And Chaeyoung had enough. "Will you shut up?!"

The harshness of her tone made Lisa look back up at her — surprise is very evident in her eyes and Jisoo was muted. A low gasp could be heard on the other line and Chaeyoung knows it's from Jennie. They had never seen nor heard Chaeyoung this mad. 

Hearing those insults from someone Chaeyoung had least expected to hear it from fueled her anger.

 

"Don't act like Lisa had never suffered too! Don't act like you never saw Lisa ruining herself over and over again for the past two years. What? Are you trying to put all the blame on her when we both know it goes both ways? I should've not let her come back here if you, out of all people, will do this to her!"

 

 

Chaeyoung's eyes are starting to tear up due to anger and disappointment. If she had known this would happen, she should've just let Lisa stay in Barcelona and let herself bum out to movies and tv series. Her jaws clenched, she's trying so hard not to let one tear drop because it'll be so hard for her to stop it once she does.

Chaeyoung was looking up at her ceiling when she felt a hand on her wrist, Lisa's looking at her and she couldn't read her eyes anymore. Again, her bestfriend build up the wall and she knows it's now higher and thicker than it used to be and with that realization, she could hear her heart break, Lisa doesn't deserve to hear those, she doesn't. Her anger slowly rises.

 

 

"It's okay." Lisa mouthed.

Chaeyoung let out shaky breaths. She will not forgive Jisoo if Lisa decides to detach herself from everyone connected to Jennie including her. "I'm okay." Lisa mouthed once again.

Chaeyoung shakes her head, "No, you are not! Stop saying that you are. You never were!" she internally screams. She then grabs Lisa's hand and stares at her phone once again, that is still on loud speaker. "You know wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter