Chapter 3

Real and not Pretend : Book 3 — New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You ready?" Chaeyoung carefully asks as soon as she's done parking the car in front of the venue where Jisoo's party is being held.

Lisa, who is by the way still on her usual demure state, removes her seat belt before looking at the obviously worried face of her bestfriend. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

 

Chaeyoung may not be able to read her bestfriend through her eyes but she knows that her voice screams nothing but confidence and nonchalant which again she resents so much. She could only sigh and removes her own seat belt but before she could even get out of the car, Lisa reaches out to hold her shoulder, instantly making her turn her attention and head back to the latter. 

 

"Don't worry. I am surprisingly okay and calm if you're wondering. I'll be okay, Chaeng."

Clearly and I hate that. Chaeyoung thought and smiles, it's the only thing she could do anyway. "Just checking. Like I said before we got here, if you want to go first then just let me know. The keys will be yours."

Lisa grins. "I know. Let's go?"

Chaeyoung nods. "Let's."

 

And off they did. Jisoo isn't really fond of loud noises so it wasn't a shocker for the duo to enter the premises and only hearing low and gentle music, sometimes songs, sometimes just instrumentals.

 

"You were late!" Jisoo greets after opening the door for her two bestfriends.

They shared a hug first then Chaeyoung replied. "Blame it to this woman who slept almost all day and afternoon."

Lisa grins. "Jetlag, please blame it to the jetlag."

Jisoo playfully rolls her eyes. "Whatever, get in get in."

"Yes ma'am but oh wait.. here." Lisa then handed two paper bags she was carrying. 

"Whoa! You don't have to but th— Manoban give it to me!" Lisa was really in the verge of not giving her the bags, playfully of course. Chaeyoung guessed it must've been from the usual, cringy and two-faced reply of You don't have to.

Jisoo was able to get it, in much effort. "Geez, why are you so stingy!"

The duo are now entering the house, it's one of Jisoo's family vacation houses in the country side of Melbourne. Lisa cackled, her eyes marveled and traveled around the house. "That's because your reply was so fake."

"Then if it's fake, why were you taking it away?"

Lisa just answered her with a shrug, Jisoo stares at Chaeyoung who, too, just shrugs. "Oh well, doesn't matter. What do you want to drink?" Jisoo continues.

Lisa turns to face her. "Do you have Martini?"

"Yeah, how about you Chaeng?"

"Same but on the rocks please."

"Okay, I'll be right back. Make yourself at home."

 

Just shortly after Jisoo left, a husky high pitched voice coming from the right disturbs the stillness of the environment. "Unnies! Here!"

Chaeyoung turns towards the direction and just laughs at the young one who's waving her arm like a mad man. "Certainly in Jisoo's genes."

Lisa laughs, both of them are now walking towards a U-shaped couch with a round table in between. "I agree."

"What took both of you too long?"

"Good Evening to you too, Kim Yerim." Lisa sarcastically and playfully replies.

Yeri just giggled, went on her feet to hug the both of them — that's when they know, no wonder this woman was extra active, she smells absolutely just alcohol. "How long has this kid been drinking?" Lisa asks the people sitting on the couch after hugging Yeri.

"Hey! I'm not a kid anymore!" Yeri chirps, not letting go of Chaeyoung though.

"You thought." Lisa says while waiting for the others to reply to her inquiry. Yeri could only pout.

"Before the party had started." Seulgi grins apologetically. "She's already a bit intoxicated when we arrived, honestly."

Lisa turns her head to Yeri. "Just because you just turned legal doesn't mean you can get drunk like this."

Yeri playfully rolls her eyes, now sitting back down beside Joy who then pats the top of her head. "I was legal for like 7 years now, unnie. Stop being so dramatic."

Lisa grins while the others chuckle. She then takes a sit beside Chaeyoung. "Can you stop growing?"

"Well technically, she did. Height wise." Joy replies and earned an elbow from the youngest. Another giggle erupts.

"Where is Jisoo?" Wendy asks. "And it's been a while, Lis!"

"Getting a drink and yup, surely was. You should visit us in Barcelona some other time Wendy unnie."

"I'd love to, when I have free time. Care to tour me around?"

"Definitely."

"But unnie, aren't you coming back?" Yeri asks, head now resting on Joy's shoulder, eyes a bit droopy.

Before Lisa could reply, Jisoo joins them and hands the glasses with their drink and sits right beside the woman across Lisa — the one and only Jennie Kim, whose eyes never left Lisa's figure ever since they walked in. "What's the commotion about?" Jisoo inquires.

"Oh nothing, just Yeri asking Lisa something." Joy replies.

"Something what?"

"Why she isn't coming back?" Yeri replies, in the verge of sleeping.

They turned all their eyes to Lisa who just shrugs and takes another sip from her glass. "I see no reason for me to come back besides, I'm happy in Barcelona."

Jisoo soon felt a sudden grip on her lap, immediately felt sad for Jennie to hear all that. "And friends can't be?" Jisoo asks.

"Can't be what?" Lisa replies, filling her glass until half, also offering Chaeyong if she wants a refill only to receive a shake of head and a low I'm okay.

"Reason, what else?"

"Nah, we all have careers plus you can visit us anytime you want."

Yeri, driven by the alcohol, suddenly takes a proper sit and stares at Lisa. "Why won't you visit us anyway? You're avoiding this country like it has a plague or something. It's been almost two years, unnie."

 

If only Joy could cover Yeri's mouth befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter